• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2012 |OT4|: Your job is not to worry about 47% of these posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pigeon

Banned
I guess the big question is where is Romney is picking up his national lead from? It sure isn't in the Midwest, the Northeast, or the Left Coast.

It is, probably. For example, I just saw a poll that said that Romney gained 8 points in California. It's just that he's still down by 15. There's plenty of slack in the non-swing states.

KingGondo

Banned
I think Obama will bounce back as long as he shows some balls in the final two debates.

Romney's bounce wasn't because of his policies, it was because he "won" the debates by being more assertive, and the media has run with the narrative that Romney dominated and Obama wimped out for more than a week.

All Obama has to do is change the media narrative--all of a sudden the headlines will say "Obama Hits Back," "Obama on the Comeback Trail", etc.

AniHawk

Pic from Paul Ryan's Time photoshoot:

time_paulryan_20111205_04021.jpg

Yeah.

was he supposed to look like a white rapper from the early 90s?

Trurl

Banned
I hope that expectations for Biden aren't becoming too high. It's fine if high expectations are confined to liberals who will vote for Obama regardless of debate disappointments, but it seems like the high expectations are becoming more general than that.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
I look forward to the veep debate - while likely not consequental - going off-script. Lieberman and Cheney basically were best buds at their debate. Biden and Ryan will be at each other's throats.

John Edwards was the VP candidate in 04, not Lieberman.

I think Obama will bounce back as long as he shows some balls in the final two debates.

Romney's bounce wasn't because of his policies, it was because he "won" the debates by being more assertive, and the media has run with the narrative that Romney dominated and Obama wimped out for more than a week.

All Obama has to do is change the media narrative--all of a sudden the headlines will say "Obama Hits Back," "Obama on the Comeback Trail", etc.

Exactly. The media has so much freaking power with low information voters (see: most voters) and the media only reports on the race itself and not the actual policy differences. Media doesn't give a shit who flip-flopped or who told lies, they just care about the image. Who was on the offensive? Who was on the defensive?

I honestly don't remember a thing from the Edwards debate. :lol

the only reason i remember anything from that debate is because dave chappelle made fun of edwards randomly referring to cheney's daughter (while also making fun of howard dean) in what may well have been the best skit on chappelle's show

Cutter made a uh ohs. i know what she meant but still..

Stephanie Cutter Says Libya Is A Political Topic “Because Of Mitt Romney And Paul Ryan”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/stephanie-cutter-says-libya-is-a-political-topic
A top campaign aide to President Barack Obama blamed the ongoing furor over the Administration's handling of the attack last month on the American consultate in Benghazi on Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan.

"The entire reason that this has become the political topic it is is because of Mitt Romney and Paul Ryan — it's a big part of their stump speech, and it's reckless and irresponsible," she said.

Cutter's comments sparked an immediate online furor because of the broad criticism, on Capitol Hill and in the press, of both the State Department's handling of security in Benghazi, where Ambassador Chris Stevens was killed, before the September 11 attack; and the Obama Administration's early assertions that the attack was linked to an anti-Muslim video, which does not appear to have been the case.

A Republican National Committee spokesman, Tim Miller, tweeted that Cutter's line belonged "in the annals of people believing their own BS."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D94cIH5gcfI

think you mean 2008 or 2004, 786110

also definitely cringed when i heard cutter say that line, could've phrased it better, like "it's an issue because the romney/ryan tried to undercut the state department's investigation before it was complete"

I guess the big question is where is Romney is picking up his national lead from? It sure isn't in the Midwest, the Northeast, or the Left Coast.
He could just be picking up votes in safe states like TX or CA. It doesn't make a difference if obama wins california by 1 or 20.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Cutter made a uh ohs. i know what she meant but still..

Stephanie Cutter Says Libya Is A Political Topic “Because Of Mitt Romney And Paul Ryan”

http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczynski/stephanie-cutter-says-libya-is-a-political-topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=D94cIH5gcfI

She reiterated the statement:

From the time of the attack in Libya, Mitt Romney has stopped at nothing to politicize these events. While Mitt Romney, Congressman Ryan, and their Republican allies in Congress have turned a national tragedy into a political circus, the President has been focused on getting the facts, finding the terrorists responsible, and bringing them to justice. Our nation’s security and how we handle the transitions in the Middle East and North Africa are critical issues in this campaign, and just 26 days before an election, the American people deserve real ideas and specifics from Mitt Romney.

She reiterated the statement:

From the time of the attack in Libya, Mitt Romney has stopped at nothing to politicize these events. While Mitt Romney, Congressman Ryan, and their Republican allies in Congress have turned a national tragedy into a political circus, the President has been focused on getting the facts, finding the terrorists responsible, and bringing them to justice. Our nation’s security and how we handle the transitions in the Middle East and North Africa are critical issues in this campaign, and just 26 days before an election, the American people deserve real ideas and specifics from Mitt Romney.

That's not what she said in the initial statement above. The damage is done.

If anyone from the Obama campaign needs to be shitcanned, it's her.

She's terrible at her job.

Downhome

Whyyyyyy would you ever wear a backwards baseball cap as a vice presidential candidate

I highly doubt he would do this for pictures right now. These were taken back in December of last year I believe - long before Romney was the nominee and certainly before Ryan was the VP candidate.

But yes, he looks like a damn fool in these pictures. I certainly wont deny that.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
I hope for his sake Ryan did that photoshoot as a goof. He looks like something out of a 90s "father and son switch bodies" movie.

gcubed

I hope for his sake Ryan did that photoshoot as a goof. He looks like something out of a 90s "father and son switch bodies" movie.

it has to be, the faces are joking faces. I'll give Ryan shit for a lot of things, this looks to be a joke

Downhome

There is context, although it doesn't make him look any better. Here is the explanation, for what it's worth...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82296.html

Paul Ryan has a body by P90X, and he agreed to show it off to TIME Magazine. But not everyone’s pumped up about the pics.

In a photo series taken in December 2011, Ryan is shown lifting dumbbells while wearing a red baseball cap backward and elaborate ear buds. The photos appear in this week’s issue alongside a profile of the GOP vice presidential nominee, whose devotion to the P90X workout is well-documented. (Before being named Mitt Romney’s running mate, Ryan ran a daily P90X workout in the House of Representatives gym.)

Loudninja

Obama: Romney Now ‘Severely Kidding’
"He's trying to go through an extreme makeover. After running for more than a year in which he called himself severely conservative, Mitt Romney's trying to convince you that he was severely kidding," said Obama at a campaign event in Florida. "Look. What he was selling was not working. Because people understood his ideas wouldn't help the middle class so these days Mitt Romney's for whatever you're for."

Obama continued:

Suddenly he loves the middle class. Can't stop talking enough about them. He loves Medicare. Loves teachers. He even loves the most important parts of obama care. What happened? Now, what does he have to say this new version of Mitt Romney about all the things he's actually promised to do as president? Tax breaks for outsourcers? Never heard of such a thing. Saying we should cut back on teachers? Doesn't ring a bell.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/obama-romney-now-severely-kidding

markatisu

and people actually think these states might shift

(especially ohio, i CANNOT stress enough that this state isn't shifting in this cycle, period)

Yup I don't care what people think they know, if you live in IA or OH you know Romney is done

In IA Obama's people call and stop by a few times a week. Romneys people send us mailers

My wife is an independent and I am Democrat, Romneys people just send my wife mail and that's it while Obamas people have given her emails, calls and came by the house to hear her concerns

Ground game FTW

What exchange are you guys most looking forward to tonight? I'm sure Biden will try to go in on Medicare (Vouchercare) and probably hit Ryan on his marathon time in some offhand way. I think the most interesting this will be Biden's response to the Benghazi attack. Listening to the mother of the one guy that died (Smith, I think) talking to Anderson Cooper was infuriating if that's how the administration actually treated her and sticking to their "it was caused by the video" line.

Effect

Yup I don't care what people think they know, if you live in IA or OH you know Romney is done

In IA Obama's people call and stop by a few times a week. Romneys people send us mailers

My wife is an independent and I am Democrat, Romneys people just send my wife mail and that's it while Obamas people have given her emails, calls and came by the house to hear her concerns

Ground game FTW

Wish we were getting that treatment in Pennsylvania. Though it could be the area I'm in since I'm not close to Philly or Pitt. Started some some Romney yard signs at intersections. Tempted to take a few of them down. I just hope the focus on the swing states hasn't resulted in them taking others for granted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom