• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2013 |OT2| Worth 77% of OT1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The internet can be amazing.

http://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B008KFY53K/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?showViewpoints=1

Reviews for Wendy Davis' tennis shoes.

ApQoDiC.png

Owzers

You know . . . I try real hard, REAL HARD, to keep an open mind about the GOP & conservatives. But god damn do they make it hard to just completely dismiss them and useless corrupt theocrats. It seems both the IRS and Benghazi "scandals" have been largely debunked.

And as much as people complain about the NSA stuff, conservatives have ABSOLUTELY NO MORAL GROUND on that one since they are the ones that pushed through the Patriot Act and bashed everyone who dared to question it.

My problem is how unashamed Fox is to be as wrong as they are. No stand down order? Eh, we'll still talk about it for a week and fade it out of our talking points and move on to the next thing. Fox is having another Benghazi special this weekend, they should focus that entire hour to everything they were wrong about regarding benghazi, they could fill the time easily.

Wilsongt

My problem is how unashamed Fox is to be as wrong as they are. No stand down order? Eh, we'll still talk about it for a week and fade it out of our talking points and move on to the next thing. Fox is having another Benghazi special this weekend, they should focus that entire hour to everything they were wrong about regarding benghazi, they could fill the time easily.

A solid hour of "IMPEACH OBAMA IMPEACH OBAMA IMPEACH OBAMA"

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
hai guys, I made my first post for Oblivion's blog http://www.readingisforsnobs.com/ about Krugman and Erickson's spat.

Not very thought provoking, but something simple and quick.

I was gonna write a post on that topic, lol. Good work.

Since it was brought up, I'd also like to say if anyone else wants to join, feel free to PM me. The blog's developed some decent notoriety since the beginning of the year, so it's a good time to get on the gravy train. :D

Jooney

I was gonna write a post on that topic, lol. Good work.

Since it was brought up, I'd also like to say if anyone else wants to join, feel free to PM me. The blog's developed some decent notoriety since the beginning of the year, so it's a good time to get on the gravy train. :D

That's YOUR blog? I had no idea. It's gotten play here many times and I didn't get the connection.

Oblivion

That's YOUR blog? I had no idea. It's gotten play here many times and I didn't get the connection.

Really? Thought it was pretty well known by this point.

When did this come out? If it came out after the recent revelations, it should have been pulled. What an embarrassment.

It was posted a few days ago, but it might as well have been posted today. As if new info was ever a deterrent for these people.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
You know, my mother is a 6-figure salaried systems analyst at a major bank with two masters degrees from US universities and she would fail the shit out of that.

That sounds pretty funny. You should totally make her take it so we can all see that.

Particle Physicist

between a quark and a baryon
I assume that Ramirez is reveling in the irony that Capone was finally busted because he didn't pay his taxes, right? Right?

And ten to one, Ramirez is going to cry racism if anyone calls his pinata comic offensive.

Ramirez must be mentally retarded. Does he really not know that the IRS were the ones to take him down? lol

Fuchsdh

You know, my mother is a 6-figure salaried systems analyst at a major bank with two masters degrees from US universities and she would fail the shit out of that.

It's really not that hard, but it's laughable how transparent its purpose is. "We could just tell you to bisect this line, but we're going to phrase it in a way that's barely English, because this is a literacy test."

Once you figure out what the hell they're asking you to do it's not too bad. Of course, that's kind of the point.

The thing about the food prices reminds me about how people on GAF complain about game prices. N64 games were regularly almost double the price of video games now, factoring in for inflation.

So student loans will double on Monday, we all know they don't give a fuck. This is why I went to a city school.

It's certainly getting to a point where the economic burdens of going to college are simply not worth the degree. Hell when even the lawyers and doctors are drowning in debt with low employment prospects, you know you're screwed.

I'm very lucky that I went to a fairly cheap state school with the best public arts program, and I got out with a job in my field and debt-free. Can't imagine the prospect of paying off loans on education for decades afterwards.

It's really not that hard, but it's laughable how transparent its purpose is. "We could just tell you to bisect this line, but we're going to phrase it in a way that's barely English, because this is a literacy test."

Once you figure out what the hell they're asking you to do it's not too bad. Of course, that's kind of the point.

Several of the questions are worded in a way that there are multiple correct answers, which of course means that one will only pass in the proctor wants you to, and one or two are literally impossible to get right.

EDIT: in the full test.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's certainly getting to a point where the economic burdens of going to college are simply not worth the degree. Hell when even the lawyers and doctors are drowning in debt with low employment prospects, you know you're screwed.

I'm very lucky that I went to a fairly cheap state school with the best public arts program, and I got out with a job in my field and debt-free. Can't imagine the prospect of paying off loans on education for decades afterwards.

I'll be completely honest when I tell you I wouldn't have been able to afford a private school without insane loans. My entire schooling (all 4 years, not counting scholarships and whatnot) cost less than half a single semester at a private college. The crazy thing is, I hear tuition has doubled since I left.

I'll be completely honest when I tell you I wouldn't have been able to afford a private school without insane loans. My entire schooling (all 4 years, not counting scholarships and whatnot) cost less than half a single semester at a private college. The crazy thing is, I hear tuition has doubled since I left.

If you ever wanted a perfect example of diminishing returns, college is where it's at.

Oblivion

Yeah, the CC tuition got jacked up quite a bit since I graduated high school, though oddly enough has essentially remained stable for the past few years.

As far as student loans go, it's disgusting that even something like this has become equivalent to handouts or welfare. What the fuck? It's got the word "LOAN" in its description! It's not like the people who accept these things are getting away with anything.

Fuchsdh

The craziest statistic I found for how out of control the cost of tuition is now was when I was researching Edgar Allan Poe for a grant documentary project. Poe went to University of Virginia, which at the time was the priciest university in the country, and tuition cost something like $400. Even accounting for inflation that would come to roughly $6000 today. Base in-state tuition for a new student at UVA today is at least double that. For non-Virginians it jumps into the mid-30Ks. And that's a public school.

I got accepted to Pratt, and looking back now there's no way I could have gotten essentially four times the education and bang for my buck out of it to make it worth the difference in price compared to where I ended up.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah, the CC tuition got jacked up quite a bit since I graduated high school, though oddly enough has essentially remained stable for the past few years.

As far as student loans go, it's disgusting that even something like this has become equivalent to handouts or welfare. What the fuck? It's got the word "LOAN" in its description! It's not like the people who accept these things are getting away with anything.

I wasn't talking about Community College, though that has gotten jacked up. I was talking about CUNY schools (4 year schools run by the City, with dorms and masters programs), which have also seen a pretty big tuition hike as well as the loss of a $500 a year scholarship for maintaining above a 3.0. There were protests about it a few years back. Right before Occupy got big.

There are people who see huge loans as a way of life, that we should all be thankful they are even available to us. It's bullshit. Usually that sort of talk comes from rich people who have never even had to take a student loan.

The craziest statistic I found for how out of control the cost of tuition is now was when I was researching Edgar Allan Poe for a grant documentary project. Poe went to University of Virginia, which at the time was the priciest university in the country, and tuition cost something like $400. Even accounting for inflation that would come to roughly $6000 today. Base in-state tuition for a new student at UVA today is at least double that. For non-Virginians it jumps into the mid-30Ks. And that's a public school.

I got accepted to Pratt, and looking back now there's no way I could have gotten essentially four times the education and bang for my buck out of it to make it worth the difference in price compared to where I ended up.

I had a professor when I went to school who had gone there (where I went) not soon after WWII and he was telling us about how tuition was free until like the 60's or so.

Guys guys guys guys GUYS

I've had a vision

It came to me in my sleep last night

Democrats will pick up 9 seats in the House in 2014. They'll keep the Senate majority (I don't remember how much, the only specific is that Schweitzer will win Montana).

In 2016 however, they'll pick up 11 more, giving them a slim 6-seat majority.

Hillary Clinton will win the presidency in 2016 in a rout, as well.

For the sake of my bet with PD, I hope I'm wrong on that first detail and they gain the 17 needed in one swoop.

Guys guys guys guys GUYS

I've had a vision

Democrats will pick up 9 seats in the House in 2014. They'll keep the Senate majority (I don't remember how much, the only specific is that Schweitzer will win Montana).

For the sake of my bet with PD, I hope I'm wrong on that first detail and they gain the 17 needed in one swoop.
image.php

Guys guys guys guys GUYS

I've had a vision

You really think Hillary has a chance after being so badly tainted by the obama administration?

If the dems want to win, they need to run someone whos never been near Obama.

Like Villagrosa

You really think Hillary has a chance after being so badly tainted by the obama administration?

Like Villagrosa

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics...y-is-the-strongest-non-incumbent-ever/277337/

"From the standpoint of the party primary, it's almost as though she's an incumbent president, right, where she even trumps, kind of, the VP, who very often wins nomination after a president is term-limited," said Silver, who was interviewed by Katie Couric in an evening session. "If you look at polls, you know, 60 to 70 percent of Democrats say they prefer Hillary to be the nominee. There's no kind of non-incumbent in history with those types of numbers."

ivysaur12

Banned

Like Villagrosa

There is zero chance that Villagrosa could win. I see very few options besides Hillary for the Democratic nominee. And also very few options besides Hillary as president in 2016.

Jooney

Guys guys guys guys GUYS

I've had a vision

Another prophecy from the book of Aaron! It will be as it was written.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom