• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2014 |OT| Kay Hagan and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holyyy shitt

It loooks very likely thar snivelling little piss ant Eric Cantor will lose in his primary race tonight. Cant believe it...

Tamanon

Banned
Holyyy shitt

It loooks very likely thar snivelling little piss ant Eric Cantor will lose in his primary race tonight. Cant believe it...

dont_believe_you_anchorman.gif

Chichikov

Did you see Maddow last night? She went off on the fact that the NRA supported and helped pass a law in Indiana saying that it was OK for people to shoot cops if they felt the cops were doing something illegal (a law which is redundant IMHO and gives people bad ideas). And how we learned that the shooters in Vegas gave this law a thumbs up of approval.

I think Cliff Schecter has good framing on this . . . keep pounding on the fact that NRA is not around to benefit gun owners . . . it is around merely to help gun makers sell guns to ANYONE. Those two policemen (who carry guns) sure don't benefit from the NRA's attempts to ensure those nuts could buy guns.
The NRA is not even for gun manufacturer anymore, allowing people to carry guns in airports and bars don't increase gun sales, and neither supporting "take your rifle to Chipotle day". At this point, they pretty much fan the culture wars flame because it make it easier for them to raise money.

Holyyy shitt

Holy shit LOL, please be true, fuck Eric Cantor so motherfucking hard.

pigeon

Banned
Just came in because I saw that Eric Cantor might get primaried out.

AMAZING

I might actually need to go to Politico tomorrow to find out how this happened!

Chichikov

LOL, who is this idiot that beats him anyway?
His 'about' page in his campaign opens with -
"Dave Brat presents a major problem for liberals who try to continue increased government spending by discrediting conservatives and claiming the budget is “too complicated” for conservatives to understand".

I'm looking forward to hating that idiot.

p.s.
National Security/Foreign Policy
Ronald Reagan said it best: “Peace through strength.” A strong military is essential to the success of our nation. We must secure our borders, support the Armed Forces, both at home and abroad, and maintain a strong national defense in order to secure our country’s future. In addition, I support a full investigation into the Benghazi attacks.

Holyyy shitt

This is a double edged sword. On one hand, goodbye Cantor try not to brown your nose on your way out. But on the other hand, he will be replaced with Cantor 2.0. Everything you hate about Cantor will be tuned to 11th level.

but HOLYFUCKINGSHIT
Q7OGkBq.gif

Palom

There will be no Democrat on the ballot in November, no one filed for it.

I had the TV on in the background and didn't quite make it out, but it sounded like someone filed at the last minute, like last week.

According to Ballotpedia, Mike Dickinson will be the Democrat running for the seat.

Edit: It looks like the page has been updated, and I think you're right.

Holy fuck. I was so caught up in E3 I forgot about politics. Nintendo bringing the megatons.

Cantor losing... I almost don't care what happens in November. The last two years of Obama's term will be a riot.

Dems are going to get a financial boost from this. Wall St. has to see the GOP as completely insane at this point.

The amazing thing is that the vote difference is only ~5k votes.

5k votes turned Washington on its head, lol.
Voting doesn't matter though

At least that's what i learned on reddit and OT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom