• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Yo poligaf I'm serious. If this works, whatever strategy Obama can come up with, and/or if Biden can force a vote, then Breyer and Ginsburg should resign pending on another nominee. STACK THE COURT. No one can know for sure who will be the President next year but they could control this!

Good game, no rematch.
So Dems should fear Haley?

Yo poligaf I'm serious. If this works, whatever strategy Obama can come up with, and/or if Biden can force a vote, then Breyer and Ginsburg should resign pending on another nominee. STACK THE COURT. No one can know for sure who will be the President next year but they could control this!

So Dems should fear Haley?

A Rubio/Haley ticket would be problematic. Rubio/Kasich would be too, but I think Rubio/Haley is worse.

tmarg

If they wanted to retire so Obama could appoint their replacements, they would have. They even could have done it when democrats controlled the Senate.

BTW how unfortunate was it that the stay in the EPA case was granted just days before Scalia's death. Had they not ruled at the time, a 4-4 tie would have meant no stay.

Scalia's last troll. :(

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
I don't live in Idaho anymore, and I know Idaho is no bastion of Democratic politics, but what they're doing on their website is interesting to me. To boost turnout, they're using Eventbrite so that you know where to go and when to go on the day of the caucus. Seems like a smart thing to do. Now, you don't have to register on Eventbrite because it is an open caucus but I think it's something that could be useful to boost turnout.

http://idahodems.org/caucus/

That's pretty great. It was crazy in 2008, so any organization that they can put together is welcome. I was one of the last people to get in because the lines were so long that they wrapped around the Center on the Grove. I don't think turnout will be as high this year, but I could be wrong.

That's pretty great. It was crazy in 2008, so any organization that they can put together is welcome. I was one of the last people to get in because the lines were so long that they wrapped around the Center on the Grove. I don't think turnout will be as high this year, but I could be wrong.

It probably won't be as high, especially if it looks like Hillary is running away with it after March 15th. I think one thing that boosted turnout in '08 was the tightened race.

Jeb fans getting pissed at my thread title for derailing the discussion smh. The only conversation should be about that Vic Berger video and what a fat mess Jeb is.

Is Jeb your nemesis?

Little do we know: Kev's last name is Trump.

Treading lightly and I will admit I have not read the whole thread.....i know GAF leans left pretty heavily but is there room for a respectful right wing poster in here? If sso......Hello!!

If you want my advice: talk to Metaphoreus regarding being a proud clinger in this thread. Shit might get heated sometimes (like it did during the lead-up to King v Burwell last year) but he's definitely been welcome in here for a while.

Yep; it's all she wrote if those PPP margins that were posted earlier hold for just one more week.

I just want DWS to come out at the convention and be all like,

"The wait is over kittens. In addition to the title of the next Leftist Superstar, the winner will receive a lifetime supply of Noam Chomsky's publications, and a cash prize of $100 million Wall Street Dollars. Now, as always I've consulted with the electorate and the superdelegates, but the final decision is mine to make.

The winner of DWS's Rigged Race, and America's Next Leftist Superstar is . . ."

Stay tuned!!

...and then she pulls off her mask to reveal she's been Bernie Sanders this ENTIRE TIME

Republicans are cracking on the SCOTUS nominee. If they give Obama's nominee a committee hearing they'll legitimize Obama's right to nominate someone, and then if it's someone who was already confirmed unanimously they'll be boxed in. Republicans have to deny the committee hearing or Obama's nominee will get confirmed.

"legitimize Obama's right to nominate someone"

lol

I cannot believe this is up for debate.

Can we get a running count? Grassley, Heller, Hatch

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
It probably won't be as high, especially if it looks like Hillary is running away with it after March 15th. I think one thing that boosted turnout in '08 was the tightened race.

Going from what I know about the state, plus anecdotal stuff like my facebook feed and how many Bernie stickers I see on cars, I have a feeling that Idaho is going to go for Bernie. It's my brothers birthday on the 22nd, so I'm torn on whether or not I'll have dinner with him, or go fight for a lost cause in the Hillary section.

dramatis

I had this terribly hilarious "what if" earlier today if the delegate count boils down to 0.2 percent pledged delegates in Hillary's favor lmao

I kind of want it to happen just to see if it could crash GAF

Jenov

I had this terribly hilarious "what if" earlier today if the delegate count boils down to 0.2 percent pledged delegates in Hillary's favor lmao

I kind of want it to happen just to see if it could crash GAF

omg, pretty sure the internet would just explode, starting from reddit and rippling outwards

NeoXChaos

Surprise: Trump falls behind Cruz in natl NBC/WSJ poll
Cruz 28
Trump 26
Rubio 17
Kasich 11
Carson 10
Jeb 4

Cbcs-uPW0AAKffY.jpg

Didn't another poll have post-debate splits where Carson gained support for some bizarre reason? Carsonmentum is real.

Carson went back to his roots of quoting paranoid Facebook memes/email forwards at the debate and got back the voters he lost to Trump, obviously.

I think that's probably the first national poll that Trump has lost since ... June? July?

I think Carson led a few in October?

HylianTom

Banned
do these national numbers even matter anymore? Trump is posed to sweep on Saturday.
That's the thing.. even if this isn't an outlier, South Carolina is going to give him some good press. And then Nevada is going to further give him good press going into March 1st.

Nate on 538 seems a bit skeptical and says (predictably) to wait for more polling to verify that this isn't an oddball poll.

ivysaur12

Banned
That NBC poll is a blatant outlier given all of the information we have at the moment, but maybe the trend goes towards Cruz over the next few days. Or, it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom