• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bowdz

Interesting to hear the larger margin for victory in NV from you guys. I can't imagine the spread being any larger than 2% max in either direction.

Interesting to hear the larger margin for victory in NV from you guys. I can't imagine the spread being any larger than 2% max in either direction.
The thing that's driving it is Hillary's far better ground game. It matters a lot for a caucus, and the polls could be way off.

These Trump SC supporters Msnbc are so.....fucking dumb, im sorry. i just cant with these people.

You admit he's weak on specifics but will vote for him because he's "legit"?!?!?!?

jesus

dramatis

My prediction is that this Saturday it will be 70 degrees in Nevada and 65 degrees in South Carolina. (Source? My imagination.)

Here, i'll draw a graph

Fuck The Man --------------------- The Man
T--S---Cz---Ca-------------R --- J!----ShC

If its all outta line i blame mobile
Use CODE tags man (also new chapter of Dungeon Meshi out)

Man if Jeb comes in last in SC...

Any bets or views on that? Lots of polls showing Carson with surprising levels of support higher than Jeb, I don't know what to make of it. A last place loss despite Dubya campaigning for him could be the second-to-last straw. I don't think everything would end for him, I agree with whoever said he wants to make it to Florida...but I'd expect the shift to Rubio to really begin in earnest.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I think it would prove that no one that likes W. actually likes him to any real degree or with any intensity. And also that Nikki Haley is tired of endorsing big fat messes.

Any bets or views on that? Lots of polls showing Carson with surprising levels of support higher than Jeb, I don't know what to make of it. A last place loss despite Dubya campaigning for him could be the second-to-last straw. I don't think everything would end for him, I agree with whoever said he wants to make it to Florida...but I'd expect the shift to Rubio to really begin in earnest.

When the donors flock after Super Tuesday he'll bow out in shame

He exits stage

Cue the evangelioncongratulations.gif

Trump will get the usual Make America Great crowd. Cruz and Carson are going to battle it out for the Jesus crowd. The rest of the establishment candidates are going to fight for the ashamed crowd.

Waxwing

Here's the thing- after SC, Rubio will have the mandate as the establishment hope that he was hoping to have in NH. Kasich hasn't gotten the bounce he needed from NH, and Bush- well, I'd say that's 50/50 whether he realizes it's time to be a team player. Once Kasich and Bush are gone, Rubio likely stands within the MOE of Trump.

On the Dem side, I think we're in for a long fight. The zeitgeist is with Bernie even if the money isn't.

Slayven

Being bullshit and being racist are two separate things. I would say it's bullshit because they're clearly playing politics, but I don't see race as being a motivating factor.

I mean, if we were in a bizarro world where Hillary had won 2008 and 2012 and Scalia died in 2016, I'm pretty sure Republicans would have said the exact same thing. (Maybe that makes them sexist instead of racist, I don't know...)
Obama being a black man has had a major effect on how the right deals with him. Is it the only factor, no but not one can be ignored. Hillary will catch he'll for her gender to.

I think Jeb Bush is a good, honest candidate with a lot of sane policy positions. He's right on the decorum of this election: it's a chaotic shitshow that is completely overwhelmed by bullying and extremism. Jeb Bush and John Kasich are the only Republican candidates who are both qualified to be president and also have a history of getting things accomplished.

But I am so, so glad that Jeb Bush is never going to come near to the white house.

Remember all those ads in '08 about having a third term of Bush in the white house? This would really be that third term. Jeb! agrees with his brother on almost all issues. He would nominate the same kind of people to cabinet positions that W did. He would fight for the same policies, the same spending, the same wars, the same tax cuts, the same obliteration of entitlements, the same NSA programs, everything. These are the people who fired career appointees for prosecuting Republicans (lawyergate). These are the people who ran the dirtiest smear campaign against John McCain in 2000 and cost him the nomination. They lied to start a war in Iraq to satisfy Bush's personal vendetta against Saddam for trying to assassinate his daddy. They fought tooth and nail against climate change advocacy after Al Gore started a public awareness campaign that was one of the greatest in human history. They hire people like Condi, who misspelled Al Qaeda in a memo and gave Dick Clarke the cold shoulder. They fought TWO WARS at the same time, which hasn't been done in American history since WWII... except this time it was against a failing dictator complying with UN inspectors, and a religious theocracy in one of the poorest countries in the world. They destroyed America's reputation abroad, which took years under Obama to rebuild. They broke Geneva convention and tortured people.

Thank God the Bush administration is never coming back. It's sad that Republican politics have devolved into what they have but don't cry for Jeb. Maybe Mitt Romney.

Being bullshit and being racist are two separate things. I would say it's bullshit because they're clearly playing politics, but I don't see race as being a motivating factor.

I mean, if we were in a bizarro world where Hillary had won 2008 and 2012 and Scalia died in 2016, I'm pretty sure Republicans would have said the exact same thing. (Maybe that makes them sexist instead of racist, I don't know...)

I just don't believe for a second they would have done this to any white president.

The fact that they are arguing that the American people should have a decision in who gets to appoint the judge says it all. Its like they don't believe that he was elected. They just can't accept it. They act like he just snuck into the Presidency one day and somehow tricked everyone along the way.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009

41utC6vcy9L.jpg

Clinton is seen as the candidate who can better address the concerns of African-Americans. Nearly 3-in-4 likely voters say she would do an excellent (33%) or good (39%) job on African-American issues to just over half – 19% excellent and 32% good – who say the same of Sanders. These findings have not changed since Monmouth’s last South Carolina poll in November. Black voters (73%) and white voters (74%) are equally as likely to trust Clinton to handle issues of concern to the black community. However, black voters (43%) are less likely than white voters (58%) to feel the same about Sanders.

There it is. His message of income inequality being the catch all is not connecting with black voters in SC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom