• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

effzee

I would like to think educated voters are not swayed one way or the other by "charisma".

Give me someone who is an intellectual and can get shit done over a charismatic candidate any day of the week.

And LOL@ agreeing with Trump on immigration. Trump's plans are lunacy not to mention unabashed racism but yeah that's cool its better than Hillary!

People supporting Sanders but if not him then Trump confuse the shit out of me. They are on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum yet these choices 1a and 1b for people?

WTF?

Anyone with a functional mind knows any delay is bullshit.
Being bullshit and being racist are two separate things. I would say it's bullshit because they're clearly playing politics, but I don't see race as being a motivating factor.

I mean, if we were in a bizarro world where Hillary had won 2008 and 2012 and Scalia died in 2016, I'm pretty sure Republicans would have said the exact same thing. (Maybe that makes them sexist instead of racist, I don't know...)

OmniOne

Breaking News: Senate Republicans have agreed to compromise and allow President Barack Obama to nominate 3/5ths of a Justice to the Supreme Court. /snark

I would like to think educated voters are not swayed one way or the other by "charisma".

Give me someone who is an intellectual and can get shit done over a charismatic candidate any day of the week.

And LOL@ agreeing with Trump on immigration. Trump's plans are lunacy not to mention unabashed racism but yeah that's cool its better than Hillary!

People supporting Sanders but if not him then Trump confuse the shit out of me. They are on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum yet these choices 1a and 1b for people?

WTF?
Trump has managed to convince people that he's fiscally liberal, which is a weird thing for a Republican to be. I haven't heard serious policy from Trump outside of "well this would be nice" though. If you're of the odd combination that's fiscally liberal and socially conservative, Trump could be appealing I guess.

But that assumes you think he's actually fiscally liberal. As much as I hear some of my liberal friends say Hillary lies, Trump is 100x worse.

I'm suddenly reminded of McCain and him defending Obama as a good family man and not a Muslim.
Yeah. That was awkward as hell. But also after McCain's campaign put out the Bill Ayers and Reverend Wright garbage. McCain had to have been embarassed that his campaign went there.

The woman called him an Arab and immediately McCain pulled the mic away and said "No. He's not. He's a decent family man citizen who I just happen to disagree with on fundamental issues." Which is such a weird thing to say in hindsight. He didn't refute what the lady said.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Latet Reuters national poll has:

Trump 40
Cruz 17
Rubio 11
Carson 10
Jeb! 8

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02/18/fox-news-poll-trump-leads-in-south-carolina.html

Fox News
South Carolina

Trump 32
Cruz 19
Rubio 15
Carson 9
Bush 9
Kasich 6

South Carolina seems pretty set in the top 3. Nearly every poll goes Trump/Cruz/Rubio.

I'm always puzzled as to the media's obsession with pushing Rubio. The guy is getting beat by 20-30 points by Trump in national polls. Jeb's numbers are so small that when he drops out they won't change anything at the top.

You get a tie. And you get a tie. Everybody gets a tie.
anigif_enhanced-27777-1391020905-23.gif

So, I'm going to pick Rubio as second in SC, because maybe Haley's endorsement matters just enough to push him over Cruz by tanking Bush and Kasich a bit more. Although even then he won't get many delegates, possibly none depending on where his votes are. But it will probably be enough for the GOP establishment to settle and for a media narrative to form around him as their candidate and the challenger to Trump.

Everybody continues to despise Cruz.

NeoXChaos

He's winning SC. Its going to be called when polls close.

New Fox SC GOP poll
Now/Dec. 2015
Trump 32% 35%
Cruz 19% 14%
Rubio 15% 14%
Carson 9% 15%
Bush 9% 5%
Kasich 6% 1%

Plinko

I find it hilarious that the two most extreme candidates are pulling in over 50% of the votes.

people supporting Sanders but if not him then Trump confuse the shit out of me. They are on the complete opposite ends of the spectrum yet these choices 1a and 1b for people?

WTF?
Here, i'll draw a graph

Fuck The Man --------------------- The Man
T--S---Cz---Ca-------------R --- J!----ShC

If its all outta line i blame mobile

Makai

Here, i'll draw a graph

Fuck The Man --------------------- The Man
T--S---Cz---Ca-------------R --- J!----ShC

If its all outta line i blame mobile
Stuffed in locker <-----------------------> Gets all the girls
Jeb - Cruz - Bernie - Carson - Hillary - Rubio - Trump