• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of great date ideas, establishing a 0.03 percent Wall Street speculation fee, similar to what we had from 1914-1966, would dampen the dangerous level of speculation and gambling on Wall Street, encourage the financial sector to invest in the productive economy and reduce the deficit by more than $350 billion over 10 years. That would be a great date.

This is one of the funnier posts I've read in a while 😂

Makai

Speaking of great date ideas, establishing a 0.03 percent Wall Street speculation fee, similar to what we had from 1914-1966, would dampen the dangerous level of speculation and gambling on Wall Street, encourage the financial sector to invest in the productive economy and reduce the deficit by more than $350 billion over 10 years. That would be a great date.
A uterus doesn’t qualify you to be my girlfriend!

Gruco

Banned
Still doesn't cite a source, but I get what Senator Sanders was saying. I think saying it was to court black voters is a bit of a mistake but I think he's just trying to (continually) dispel the narrative that Barrack Obama is immune to criticism. In the 2-3 debates I watched Clinton was always painting Sanders as someone who was bad for the Democratic Party because he had the audacity to criticize Obama.
Positioning Sander's stance as "had the audacity to disagree with Obama" is really generous. That's the spin Bernie went with in the debate but the guy wanted to straight up primary a sitting president. So it's not a matter of simple disagreement or criticism. Obama is a popular guy in the democratic party across the board, and Bernie left himself pretty open on this.

I'll add that there are a variety of reasons that Bernie is bad for the democratic party. There's only one candidate in the race who seems to be aware of the importance of building the party and having allies in congress. Given that Bernie has never been a democrat it's not surprising that he doesn't think strengthening the party is an important part of enacting change. But, his indifference to the party does amplify the whole "not living on planet earth" problem he has.

HylianTom

Banned
NOT satire:
Cruz, Carson Held Secret Meeting About Dirty Tricks in a Closet

Two grown men running for president met in a storage closet last night.

The meeting, called by Ted Cruz in an attempt to mend fences with Ben Carson ahead of the South Carolina primary, was held on Thursday night before the Conservative Review convention. The two huddled in the unusual venue for nearly 20-25 minutes, as Carson’s Secret Service detail, stood outside, according to a Republican operative who witnessed the strange scene.

Carson, whose campaign has spent the weeks after Iowa blasting him for lying to voters in the Hawkeye State, agreed to meet Cruz for five minutes, according to a source close to Carson’s campaign, in order to try to put to bed the issue of his dirty campaign tricks in Iowa during which Cruz’s campaign told caucus-goers that Carson had dropped out of the race.

Carson’s campaign confirmed the meeting—which was was supposed to be short and off-the-record—and blamed the Cruz campaign for leaking the fact that it occurred in an attempt to rectify his public image.

My favorite part:
He said that he was informed late about the meeting and didn’t have time to prepare Carson at all. It “did not go well.”

The meeting, which took place in a storage closet across from a bathroom at the convention center on Thursday, ended with Carson saying “we agree to disagree."

~~~~~

Dr Carson: when you drop-out, please endorse Donald Trump. He's been very nice to you, and I bet you'd make a great running mate or cabinet member.

(Have we mentioned that this cycle is SO weird?)

The Intercept? Of course it was. There's digging, and then there's DIGGING. They are trying so hard to look like they're exposing everything but to me they're coming off more and more as the liberal's Breitbart.

Teggy

So buried in that Reuters poll were polls with Democrat/Republican/Bloomberg, where they swapped out Hillary, Bernie, Trump and Cruz. The Democrats win all of those match ups, easily with Cruz on the ballot and still with a decent margin against Trump. Bernie and Hillary performing basically the same against Trump, but Bernie doing slightly better against Cruz due to about 3 percentage points moving to "none of the above" when Hillary is on the ballot.

In all cases Bloomberg takes about 11% of the vote.

Of course way too early, but interesting nonetheless.

http://big.assets.huffingtonpost.com/2016ReutersTracking.pdf

User 406

Banned
He said that he was informed late about the meeting and didn’t have time to prepare Carson at all. It “did not go well.”

Cruz didn't get stabbed, so I'd say the meeting went very well for him.

CARSON YOU HAD ONE JOB

Makai

BERNIE SANDERS: I consider myself a strong feminist. In fact, Gloria Steinem, everyone knows she is one of the leading feminists in America, made me an honorary woman many years ago. I don't know what that meant, but I accepted it when she came to campaign for me

look at their front page

Hillary Clinton Refuses to Clearly Say She Has Not Lied to American People

Clinton Gets Booed at Democratic Town Hall

Morning Joe Panel Blasts Clinton For Not Releasing Transcripts of Speeches at Financial Firms

Morning Joe Panel Dumbfounded Hillary Clinton Leaving Nevada Before End of the Caucus

Hillary Clinton Wants to Be a Cool Kid

Morning Joe Panel Calls Clinton Campaign a ‘Trainwreck’

Three Morning Joe stories on their front page? LOL

Linda McMahon spent $97 million on two failed Senate races.

She spent $47 million in the 2012 race, which up to that point was the most any one person had spent on their own race to gain federal office.

This is how desperate she got:

Screen-Shot-2012-11-05-at-12.32.04-AM.png

CCS

Banned
Not this much. Fiorina spent $20M to barely get 40% in her senate race in the 2010 wave year. That was pretty bad.

Christ that's embarrassing. Has she ever succeeded at anything?

Linda McMahon spent $97 million on two failed Senate races.

She spent $47 million in the 2012 race, which up to that point was the most any one person had spent on their own race to gain federal office.

My god.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There are more posts in this thread than people that watch Morning Joe and actually like it.

Christ that's embarrassing. Has she ever succeeded at anything?

She's better than Linda McMahon.

edit: To be fair, so were Jacqueline and Victoria.

edit: DAMN YOU MACHO MAN

CCS

Banned
There are more posts in this thread than people that watch Morning Joe and actually like it.

She's better than Linda McMahon.

edit: To be fair, so were Jacqueline and Victoria.

edit: DAMN YOU MACHO MAN

That may be the lowest bar ever set for a human being :p

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
How does FEC stuff work with loans to a candidate's own campaign? I'm assuming a loan from an individual to the campaign must be paid back, but must it be paid back from the campaign's own resources? I am assuming the candidate can't just write it off for tax purposes. They also can't "gift" the money to the campaign without the campaign paying taxes on it. Is that true?

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
If that's the case then the Intercept can be the liberal version of The Blaze.

I'm OK with that. Though I do get why the Intercept isn't the biggest fan of HRC and Obama...those two do more or less want to execute someone who they believe did the right thing.

How does FEC stuff work with loans to a candidate's own campaign? I'm assuming a loan from an individual to the campaign must be paid back, but must it be paid back from the campaign's own resources? I am assuming the candidate can't just write it off for tax purposes. They also can't "gift" the money to the campaign without the campaign paying taxes on it. Is that true?

The FEC doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom