• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
Are we even sure these were Bernie supporters and not Republicans that crossed over? This is simply mind boggling and I do not believe true Bernie supporters would ever, ever say such a thing. I can't believe it, because even though I disagree with Bernie supporters that would imply the chasm is much wider between they and I.

We have to assume as much, yeah? Maybe they were secret Republicans. But the chances of that that are low.

tmarg

No I wouldn't say this cast a shadow on all his supporters. But it is bad nonetheless. It concerns me when people talk about an overlap between Bernie's and Trump's supporters. This feels like that.

There is an overlap in a certain group who considers them both protest votes. Zero issue voters who just want to rage. I don't think it's a huge portion of Bernie's support, but yeah, it exists.

We have to assume as much, yeah? Maybe they were secret Republicans. But the chances of that that are low.

I just can't believe that a true liberal minded individual would ever cross this line, but I suppose if you haven't taken the time to learn another language or consider how language is a beautiful thing and you just want to win an election, it is possible. Either way, I would view this report with a critical eye until it is clarified a little further.

Cerium

I just got back from a bachelor's party so I'm fucking hammered but we were following the results on our phones and everyone was very pleased (except for the Ted Cruz fan).

I'm seeing a lot of depressed Bernie fans
Is there any particularly good place I can find these?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

You have a problem...

Reddit I assume.

My personal favorite from Kos was the person who ended their diary letting everyone know the revolution was still on schedule and that we all had been warned. Or the one who decided Reid is evil because he called the union's and encouraged them to get out their people.

This on the other hand is perfectly fine ;)

I just got back from a bachelor's party so I'm fucking hammered but we were following the results on our phones and everyone was very pleased (except for the Ted Cruz fan).

Reddit I assume.

My personal favorite from Kos was the person who ended their diary letting everyone know the revolution was still on schedule and that we all had been warned. Or the one who decided Reid is evil because he called the union's and encouraged them to get out their people.

watershed

Banned
What are the chances of Clinton needing to rely on Sanders' endorsement for millenial cred?

I don't know about needing his endorsement, but the second place finisher almost always strongly endorses the nominee, sometimes (always?) at the convention in a speech that is meant to unite the party. If Hillary wins and Bernie doesn't do that, it would be incredibly damaging for him and the party.

It was on GAF too. And I want to remind you all that was one of THE MOST EMBARRASSING progressive moments of my life. Please do not.

Care to elaborate? I completely blocked out the prop 8 thing from my mind and didn't follow it closely because of extreme disappointment I knew was coming then.

pigeon

Banned
If they're right, and it's a false allegation, that's pretty gross too. Not particularly proud of the democratic party today either way.

Uh, I mean, it looks like it was a miscommunication. Huerta said she'd translate, Bernie supporters said they rejected her for not being a neutral translator, the moderator said English only, Twitter only gives you 140 characters to explain stuff.

I think it's probably understandable that Huerta was upset by the interaction, but I think labeling this either racism by Sanders supporters or smear campaigning by Clinton supporters is just narrative nonsense.

Averon

This is my favorite thing from Fox News since Obama was re-elected:

Cbssa9eW4AAllII.jpg:large

The only one Fox should blame is themselves. They fed abd grew the beast that Trump is now riding on. People told them the danger of dong so, but did it anyway for ratings and financial gain.

Ecotic

Rubio arghhhhh

I know, he's almost got a clear path now to consolidate. Kasich will wither away as an afterthought and Cruz will soon be outed as the 'Iowa candidate'. It's really difficult to game the delegate math and calendar going forward though. I'm hoping Trump can win March 1st big and demoralize the party into submission. If the race drags into late spring I can see Trump calling shenanigans on Rubio's wins being winner take all and his earlier wins being proportional.

Farmboy

I almost hope it's Rubio, just so Hillary can crush him. That would be some premium GOP salt right there.

But Trump would both be less of a threat and more entertaining.

Teggy

I think the best thing that will come out of this Hillary win is she can afford to keep things very positive all the way through Super Tuesday. She'll add a lot of delegates while refraining from creating bad blood with Bernie and Bernie supporters. The next debate isn't until March 6 and barring something strange she will go in with a commanding lead.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I think the best thing that will come out of this Hillary win is she can afford to keep things very positive all the way through Super Tuesday. She'll add a lot of delegates while refraining from creating bad blood with Bernie and Bernie supporters. The next debate isn't until March 6 and barring something strange she will go in with a commanding lead.

Interesting way of looking at it, this might be the first time that the lack of a debate will both help Hillary and the Party.

Teggy

Aren't there like a billion town halls with both of them though?

Maybe but town halls don't have the candidates talking to each other. Plus, because the Super Tuesday demographics are so good for her, Hillary can stay very positive regardless of what Bernie says (and he's not exactly a guy to go negative anyway.)

Wray

Very strongly right in terms of economic policy. I believe in the free market and I believe that punishing success and redistribution of wealth is not a long term strategy for success. That being said regualtion and closing of tax loopholes for the wealth is both reasonable and necessary.

How do u expect free market capitalism to work when the demand for human labor becomes severely compromised due to advancements in AI and Robotics over the next few decades. And don't say "It Won't" because that's a laughable argument at this point.

This is an issue Libertarians routinely choose to ignore because it doesn't spell good news for their world view.

This also doesn't even take into account population growth and longer natural lifespans due to medical advancements.

Teggy

BTW, since the only qualification is getting 5% in any of the 4 primaries/caucuses, everyone left in the republican field will be able to attend Thursday's debate.

If wealth is not redistributed the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer, and the poorer the poor and middle class get, the less they'll spend, and since consumer spending drives the american economy, it'll be a bad time for everyone. We can see something of a correlation between lowered tax rates from the eighties and the skyrocketing economic inequality that's been brewing ever since. The wealthy have taken the lion's share of america's economic growth in the last couple of decades, while it's been stagnant for everyone else. Nothing ever trickled down

I feel very guilty saying all this considering my avatar

Politico is shit (and this article is underwhelming) but this tidbit on the Bush failure write up where it details that time Jeb! tried to attack Rubio on his senate attendance in the debtate is amusing as heck.
In October, Bush began laying the groundwork to prosecute his case against Rubio, dinging the first-term senator for his poor attendance record and missed votes in the Senate. Heading into the third GOP debate in Boulder on Oct. 28, Bush and his entire team were on the same page—and brimming with confidence. They hinted at what was coming, planting stories and calling reporters on debate day to ensure that the attack on Rubio was the dominant storyline.

“Watch tonight,” Rich Heffley, a top Bush confidant in Florida, told friends on debate day. “Tonight, it’s gonna be over for Marco.”

It didn’t turn out that way.

They’d rehearsed the attack on Rubio dozens of time during debate prep, but when it came time to execute on stage, Bush “just whiffed,” one senior staffer lamented later. “That stuff he said about being one of Marco’s constituents and being disappointed, that wasn’t anything we’d practiced,” the staffer continued. “He’s Jeb Bush. No one is going to empathize with him as someone who needs his senator to work on his behalf.” When Rubio hit back, dismissing Bush’s attack to the fact that “we’re now running for the same position,” Bush failed to respond.

“Sometimes you just fuck up,” the Bush staffer said.
It wasn’t until that debacle that Bush’s advisers decided to address the candidate’s poor performances themselves, hiring Jon Kraushar, who generally works with television anchors, as a public speaking coach.
http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...pping-out-set-up-to-fail-213662#ixzz40ndKjPb7

Trump now has 61 delegates to Cruz's 11 and Rubio's 10 now.

If any other Republican was putting up these numbers, nobody would even question whether they be the nominee or not.

Trump now has 61 delegates to Cruz's 11 and Rubio's 10 now.

If any other Republican was putting up these numbers, nobody would even question whether they be the nominee or not.

Yeah but it's not like there's usually a situation where the RNC hates both its (massive) leader and second place getter. That's why people are unsure. Trump's not safe until he can win a convention in his own right or have enough delegates that he can win the rest with horse trading (ie get enough of Cruz's support to win).

Past precedent is a much more flawed guide when it's already being shattered.

Trump is the clear front-runner. The caveat being that the WTA nature of a lot of the contests later mean that a 50 delegate lead in the GOP contest isn't as insurmountable. He's leading in some of these by a lot, in others not so much. In Texas he's polling behind Cruz - although I think the GOP hate Cruz even more.

Trump is the clear front-runner. The caveat being that the WTA nature of a lot of the contests later mean that a 50 delegate lead in the GOP contest isn't as insurmountable. He's leading in some of these by a lot, in others not so much. In Texas he's polling behind Cruz - although I think the GOP hate Cruz even more.

Its fascinating. They hate Cruz so much on a personal level that they are willing to forgive Trump's much larger ideological deviation. I don't even know how you can do that.

Next week on Dragonball Z:

Dem - South Carolina Townhall - Tues 23rd
GOP - Nevada Caucus - Tues 23rd

GOP - Texas Debate - Thurs 25th

Dem - South Carolina Primary - Sat 27th

LIT

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Romney endorsing Rubio is hilarious.

Also, can't wait to see how stacked Thursday's debate crowd is for Rubio. I fully expect them to rush the stage and carry him around on their shoulders each commercial break.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I mean, Romney is the guy they all blamed as "not conservative enough." Who out there is hedging their vote on his endorsement?

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
If wealth is not redistributed the rich will get richer and the poor will get poorer, and the poorer the poor and middle class get, the less they'll spend, and since consumer spending drives the american economy, it'll be a bad time for everyone. We can see something of a correlation between lowered tax rates from the eighties and the skyrocketing economic inequality that's been brewing ever since. The wealthy have taken the lion's share of america's economic growth in the last couple of decades, while it's been stagnant for everyone else. Nothing ever trickled down

I feel very guilty saying all this considering my avatar
Weren't you a Jindal supporter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom