• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Well, there's one child left behind.

Anyway, I'd prefer if Rubio won. I know people want Trump to win to help the Democrats chance and all, but I'm not comfortable with the risk of Trump then actually winning the election.
The contrast between Rubio and Hillary worries me though. Trump on the other hand will just look like an angry idiot. Plus Haley as VP would further energize the base I think.

The only reason why I want Rubio to win is so I don't have to wear a Trump avatar. 😒

The contrast between Rubio and Hillary worries me though. Trump on the other hand will just look like an angry idiot. Plus Haley as VP would further energize the base I think.

The only reason why I want Rubio to win is so I don't have to wear a Trump avatar. 😒
You should have believed in him Diablos.

He will punish you for this.

PD picked Cruz? I remember when he thought it would come down to Jeb! and Walker.

LMAO.
Cruz/Snyder PD's Big Fat Messes

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Now that Rubio is the main guy for the RNC, I think Trump/Cruz et al have to attack him properly.

I think the best route would be to go here, which should benefit them with the republican base:

1) "You know who else was a young senator? Barack Obama, and look what that did."

2) "You accomplished nothing in the Senate besides being for amnesty. Gang of 8."

3) "You have by far the worst voting record in the Senate. You don't show up for anything. You even no-showed a rally for your supporters in South Carolina just last Friday."

4) Somehow build a wall between Rubio and Reagan. He keeps comparing himself to Reagan, so turn it against him.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Trump now has 61 delegates to Cruz's 11 and Rubio's 10 now.

If any other Republican was putting up these numbers, nobody would even question whether they be the nominee or not.

Only 61? Didn't he win like 50 yesterday? He only got 11 from winning NH by a ton and Iowa 2nd?

The only one Fox should blame is themselves. They fed abd grew the beast that Trump is now riding on. People told them the danger of dong so, but did it anyway for ratings and financial gain.
Blame that on Hannity and O'Reilly, nobody is going to believe Hannity's conservative tea party bullshit ever again when you're supporting a panderer like Trump who flip flops all the time on issues.

Y2Kev

Trump won 44 delegates in SC.

Crap, he lost SIX? Or are votes still being counted and they haven't been assigned yet?

Do the DNC and RNC have to go with who wins the primaries?

Unless the leading candidate doesn't have enough delegates, I don't think they can just get rid of them. Though the DNC obviously has superdelegates.

edit: In my defense, when I picked Bush in AUGUST, I didn't know Right to Rise was headed up by some fucking morons.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Crap, he lost SIX? Or are votes still being counted and they haven't been assigned yet?

Unless the leading candidate doesn't have enough delegates, I don't think they can just get rid of them. Though the DNC obviously has superdelegates.

edit: In my defense, when I picked Bush in AUGUST, I didn't know Right to Rise was headed up by some fucking morons.

Wouldn't have made any difference. George W. tarnished the Bush name so badly even republicans don't want another Bush in the White House.

CCS

Banned

Still being counted I think, haven't seen them assigned to anyone else.

Y2Kev

Wouldn't have made any difference. George W. tarnished the Bush name so badly even republicans don't want another Bush in the White House.

Maybe, but he did raise $150MM. Nobody else's PAC has really come close to that. Even Hillary. Bush brute forced his way into the race and he lost because Trump called him a loser.

I mean I know we talk about bullying with kids and stuff but Trump mercilessly bullied Jeb.

Watching Trump on State of the Union.... He's gonna swerve hard to the middle and the media is gonna let him get away with it. All his racist comments might get a pass by September

Cheebo

Banned
Polling has suggested for months that if it got down to one establishment candidate they would easily lead both Trump and Cruz. This will be Rubio's real test here to see if he can live up to that.

Fucking Bush getting out before Super Tuesday.

Teggy

Watching Trump on State of the Union.... He's gonna swerve hard to the middle and the media is gonna let him get away with it. All his racist comments might get a pass by September

They're going to be played nonstop on tv. What's he going to do, say he changed his mind?

gaugebozo

Maybe, but he did raise $150MM. Nobody else's PAC has really come close to that. Even Hillary. Bush brute forced his way into the race and he lost because Trump called him a loser.

I mean I know we talk about bullying with kids and stuff but Trump mercilessly bullied Jeb.

giphy.gif

Now it's obvious this was just a mindfuck.

Plinko

To be fair to Jeb, his poll numbers weren't great even before Trump hit him.

Cheebo said:
Polling has suggested for months that if it got down to one establishment candidate they would easily lead both Trump and Cruz. This will be Rubio's real test here to see if he can live up to that.

Fucking Bush getting out before Super Tuesday.

This isn't true at all. I posted the MSNBC article on a previous page. The numbers still don't really add up for Rubio. He gets better numbers but it's still a tight three-way race.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/who-gains-the-most-when-the-gop-field-shrinks

Plinko said:
Jeb drops:

Only 19% of Jeb's voters go to Rubio. Kasich gets 16%, which likely prolongs his stay in the race. Trump gets 11%.

Carson drops:

Cruz gets 24% of Carson's voters, Trump gets 22%. Rubio gets 16%.

Cruz drops:

If Cruz drops, Rubio gets 33% and Trump gets 26%.

I have to be honest here--I'm still not seeing these situations overwhelmingly benefit Rubio.

Teggy

He's explaining them away. He already said he loves Mexico and China and has so far gone by unchallenged on it

That's perfect ad material. If the press really doesn't press him on it he'll get killed in the debates. And people who don't like him already don't like him a lot. People will remember and see right through it.

oh, what have you gone and done...

Code:
NeoXChaos 8/19/15
kingkitty 8/19/15
ErasureAcer 8/19/15
titiklabingapat 8/19/15
Y2Kev 8/19/15
Trouble 8/19/15
j_k_redtail 9/22/15
SexyFish 10/2/15

way less people than i recalled. USS Jeb lost half its working force before NXC's thingie closed.

There was a mass exodus sometime early on, either after the first debate or early polls. I was one of the defectors, and there were a lot of us.

Diablos

I almost feel bad for Bush. He looked so sad and just stood there and took it from Trump. I know he was trying to take the high road, but he should have been more aggressive in his responses. Instead he let Trump define him as a low energy candidate. That's exactly what he put on display. Sad.

Sounds like Bernie will do just a couple events in South Carolina so he can't be accused of giving-up on the state, even though it looks like he's giving-up on the state.

NeoXChaos

“Bernie campaigns best when he can do a lot of rallies and a lot of town halls in a particular state,” said former Pennsylvania Governor and Democratic National Committee chairman Ed Rendell, a Clinton ally. “[Now] there’s just no time."
For the first time this election cycle, Sanders' usually talkative senior staff went radio silent after the results landed -- and no top staffers spoke with reporters at Sanders' brief caucus night party as they did in Iowa and New Hampshire.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/hillary-clinton-nevada-victory-219580#ixzz40oSGya6Q

seems like gravis was right

q21.jpg

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
giphy.gif

Now it's obvious this was just a mindfuck.
I think it was obvious then. Look ate the hate on Jebs face, "I'll show him" he goes as hard as he can and trumps shit eating grin is unphased. Trump already knew at this point he had his number.

Edit: holy shot this was September? It feels so much more recent.

If the general election is Trump / Clinton, the media will likely be "in the tank" for Hillary at some point. It doesn't happen often, but once in a great while the media realizes this shit is important and they actually have a job to do (see Sarah Palin post-Couric interview).

Y2Kev

Politico is shit (and this article is underwhelming) but this tidbit on the Bush failure write up where it details that time Jeb! tried to attack Rubio on his senate attendance in the debtate is amusing as heck.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/st...pping-out-set-up-to-fail-213662#ixzz40ndKjPb7

Embarrassing article based on nothing, but when I was a page...I guess almost 7 years ago?...my LEAST Favorite task was news clippings. My congressman did not read digital clippings or even printed versions off the website, so his communications director or whatever the fuck used to GO THROUGH hard copies of the local + DC papers and MARK DOWN articles that should be cut out. Then I would have to cut them out with scissors and tape them to a page. Then after that was done (hours and hours of meaningless, absolutely offensive drudgery), you'd have to FAX THEM to wherever he was at that day. Junior staffers get absolute shit. And then because the employees are all public, I knew their salaries and knew there was no future in that.

So I went to become a banker and screw over bernie supporters.

Teggy

If the general election is Trump / Clinton, the media will likely be "in the tank" for Hillary at some point. It doesn't happen often, but once in a great while the media realizes this shit is important and they actually have a job to do (see Sarah Palin post-Couric interview).

Sadly, I don't think that will be the case. Trump will be a ratings bonanza for them so they will be incentivized to prop him up as much as possible like they have in the Republicsn primary.

NeoXChaos

The participating states include: Alabama, Alaska Republican caucuses, Arkansas, Colorado caucuses, Georgia, Massachusetts, Minnesota caucuses, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming Republican caucuses.

Nevada-Trump
Alabama-Trump
Alaska-Trump
Arkansas-Trump
Colorado-Trump
Georgia-Trump
Massachusetts-Trump
Minnesota-Trump
Oklahoma-Trump
Tennessee-Trump
Texas-Cruz
Vermont-Trump
Virginia-Trump
Wyoming-Trump

*last polls had Cruz ahead in AR and Rubio in MN. I think this is the ultimate outcome.

CCS

Banned
Nevada-Trump
Alabama-Trump
Alaska-Trump
Arkansas-Trump
Colorado-Trump
Georgia-Trump
Massachusetts-Trump
Minnesota-Trump
Oklahoma-Trump
Tennessee-Trump
Texas-Cruz
Vermont-Trump
Virginia-Trump
Wyoming-Trump

*last polls had Cruz ahead in AR and Rubio in MN. I think this is the ultimate outcome.

Can't stump.
Won't stump.

CCS

Banned
I'm feeling good today. Hillary got past another potential banana skin state fine, and even with last night's results and Jeb pulling out, Trump is still looking strong. Would have taken that 24 hours ago.

I know, he's almost got a clear path now to consolidate. Kasich will wither away as an afterthought and Cruz will soon be outed as the 'Iowa candidate'. It's really difficult to game the delegate math and calendar going forward though. I'm hoping Trump can win March 1st big and demoralize the party into submission. If the race drags into late spring I can see Trump calling shenanigans on Rubio's wins being winner take all and his earlier wins being proportional.

Rubio... wins?

He's going to lose just about every state.

fantomena

There's currently a shitton of discussion about the election in the Scandinavia.

From what Ive read, this are peoples opinion about the candidates:

Trump: Fascist, sexististic exonophobic shithead.
Rubio: Dumbass shithead.
Cruz: Retarded stupid ignorant.
Hillary: Super mega conservative.
Bernie: Conservative.

Teggy

There's currently a shitton of discussion about the election in the Scandinavia.

From what Ive read, this are peoples opinion about the candidates:

Trump: Fascist, sexististic exonophobic shithead.
Rubio: Dumbass shithead.
Cruz: Retarded stupid ignoarant.
Hillary: Super mega conservative.
Bernie: Convervative.

I lolled

Valhelm

contribute something
I don't know about needing his endorsement, but the second place finisher almost always strongly endorses the nominee, sometimes (always?) at the convention in a speech that is meant to unite the party. If Hillary wins and Bernie doesn't do that, it would be incredibly damaging for him and the party.

I don't think Bernie cares about damaging his own image. This is his only shot, and a slight against the Clinton's wouldn't cost him his senate seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom