• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gruco

Banned
Rubio is going to have the GOP establishment's full support over the next few weeks. I understand why they assume he will be the nominee - the idea of Trump winning still seems like fantasy. But the reality is that this is an uphill battle for Rubio and I don't believe he's a good enough candidate to pull it off.

What states can Rubio win? How many states will be even finish in second place in? I find the idea of Trump winning the nomination to be ludicrous but the dominos are in place. He won South Carolina despite blaming Bush for 911, supporting Planned Parenthood, and supporting what sounds like single payer healthcare. I don't see how anything can sink him. Especially with the media doing his bidding, allowing him to control the narrative instead of ignoring his nonsense (see: questioning Rubio's eligibility).

This is a really succinct summary of where we're at. Basically, Rubio gets endorsements, money, and more support. And that's threatening. But deep down he's a weak candidate being propped up and that only goes so far. We've seen Trump's support, it's intense and it's widespread. He basically has the south and NE on lock. Where is Rubio supposed to start winning?

HylianTom

Banned
If this were a Romney or McCain-type candidate, this race would be over - and Trump certainly knows this. But the party will fight tooth and nail, and if they succeed he'll have a decision to make about whether this was fair.

I'm just not seeing a happy ending for the GOP here. They either "steal" it for their preferred guy and enrage the most enthusiastic part of their base (look at Trump voters' loyalty numbers - enthusiasm), or a demographically-doomed madman takes the reins and steers them over a cliff.

(And BTW: I loved Morning Joe trashing the Rubio campaign's previous claim that Nevada would serve as a firewall. He and Halperin both seem convinced that Trump has a blowout victory tomorrow night.. which could only serve to reinforce his inevitability narrative..)

Edit: wow.. the first page of OT might be the most politically peaceful it's been in a while. Not sure what to think of this.

Bowdz

If this were a Romney or McCain-type candidate, this race would be over - and Trump certainly knows this. But the party will fight tooth and nail, and if they succeed he'll have a decision to make about whether this was fair.

I'm just not seeing a happy ending for the GOP here. They either "steal" it for their preferred guy and enrage the most enthusiastic part of their base (look at Trump voters' loyalty numbers - enthusiasm), or a demographically-doomed madman takes the reins and steers them over a cliff.

(And BTW: I loved Morning Joe trashing thenRubio campaign's previous claim that Nevada would serve as a firewall. He and Halperin both seem convinced that Trump has a blowout victory tomorrow night.. which could only serve to reinforce his inevitability narrative..)

Well, Halperin was saying they were expecting the momentum on the ground to push Sanders to a win in NV (which helped fuel my Diablosing) so take their predictions with a grain of salt.

CCS

Banned
Donald "I promise I will never be in a bicycle race" Trump can just drag out that fuckwit Brady, and he'll win by a bajillion points.

Also, CCS, no media is covering the EU referendum. BBC World News is but that's about it. I doubt most Americans know what the EU is.

I figured, it's not exactly hugely relevant to most Americans I guess.

CCS

Banned
I've been following it moderately closely. I see Boris is in favor of leaving. As goes Boris....

As someone who wants to stay in, that does have me worried. He's one of the few politicians who's actually somewhat popular personally here, and pretty much the only one of those who might have joined the in campaign.

GuyKazama

Preview of the next Republican debate:
oQw2eUT.jpg

Obama's stance on coal probably has a lot to do with it most likely. KY and WV rely heavily on those types of jobs to survive.

It's funny. A lot of Democratic strategists thought they had a shot to win back KY and WV last decade. I assume Clinton is smart enough to know to write them off in November.

As someone who wants to stay in, that does have me worried. He's one of the few politicians who's actually somewhat popular personally here, and pretty much the only one of those who might have joined the in campaign.
Just think about the amazing possibility of Trump and Boris leading our respective nations. The hairmanity of it all.

I agree with Cameron on this. Gross

CCS

Banned
Just think about the amazing possibility of Donald "My I.Q. is one of the highest" Trump and Boris leading our respective nations. The hairmanity of it all.

I agree with Cameron on this. Gross

It does make me want to wash myself, agreeing with him on something :p

Donald Trump/Boris Johnson: There will be hell toupée.

HylianTom

Banned
Well, Halperin was saying they were expecting the momentum on the ground to push Sanders to a win in NV (which helped fuel my Diablosing) so take their predictions with a grain of salt.
True, I don't trust them normally. They are fun to laugh at. And I'm still trying to figure out Scarborough's angle; he has to know that Trump is electoral poison, and yet he cheers him every step of the way.

I hate Ralston's showboating, but I have to give him credit: he called a Hillary 5-point win, and he was pretty spot-on. This morning, he says that internals have Trump in the mid-40s. I hope he's right again... and that he fades away after tomorrow night.

Bowdz

True, I don't trust them normally. They are fun to laugh at. And I'm still trying to figure out Scarborough's angle; he has to know that Trump is electoral poison, and yet he cheers him every step of the way.

I hate Ralston's showboating, but I have to give him credit: he called a Hillary 5-point win, and he was pretty spot-on. This morning, he says that internals have Trump in the mid-40s. I hope he's right again... and that he fades away after tomorrow night.

If Trump wins with a 40+ point lead, holy shit. The week leading up to ST will be about how the Establishment's claim that Trump has a 30% ceiling is bullshit. It would be incredible.

Brinbe

Of course Trump will be the nominee. History has shown, see their shock at Romney's loss in 2012, that the GOP establishment has no true grasp on reality. They'll push hard for Rubio even though he's already fucked up his chances. He can't catch up by losing everything.

Of course Trump will be the nominee. History has shown, see their shock at Romney's lose in 2012, that the GOP establishment has no true grasp on reality. They'll push hard for Rubio even though he's already fucked up his chances. He can't catch up by losing everything.
Just for the sake of argument lets say Trump wins half of Super Tuesday. Has any Republican lost after decisively winning NH, SC, NV and half of super tuesday?

CCS

Banned
Damn, that's some salty shit. South Carolina is going to wind up with some people dead from salt OD at this rate.

Some of Sanders' supporters do seemed determined that if they go down, they're not going down in a dignified fashion.

Here in Connecticut if it wasn't for the Internet id think Ted Cruz was the only person running, what with all the checks made out to himself I get in the mail from him

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This is bizarre deja vu. The Clinton supporting groups were crying foul of Obamas tactics in Caucuses in 2008.

Weird weird reversal.

Clinton learned how to play the caucus game after 2008 and Bernie never bothered to open the rulebook. It's that simple.

Some of those have to be people trolling. One guy is getting cucked by a black Clinton supporter. lol

That's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom