• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCS

Banned
And by then it'll be too late -- Donald "Did you notice that baby was crying through half of the speech and I didn’t get angry?" Trump will have well past the amount of delegates he needs on his way to the nomination.

I love it when a plan comes together.

ivysaur12

Banned
<raises hand>

Also:

Utah

Jeb Bush (R) 9%
Ben Carson (R) 9%
Ted Cruz (R) 22%
John Kasich (R) 4%
Marco Rubio (R) 24%
Donald Trump (R) 18%
Other 2%
Undecided 11%

Dems Hillary 51-44
Utah is Trump's worst state and he's only down by 6. Amazing.

And Trump can put this whole thing away on March 15th by winning Florida. His numbers there are currently higher than the entire establishment lane combined.

Both races will be over on the 15th if nothing yuuuge happens between now and then.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I love it when a plan comes together.

71a790fbbcfd4a34717509d7a518be2f01a0e0d9.gif

<raises hand>

Also:

Utah

Jeb Bush (R) 9%
Ben Carson (R) 9%
Ted Cruz (R) 22%
John Kasich (R) 4%
Marco Rubio (R) 24%
Donald Trump (R) 18%
Other 2%
Undecided 11%

Dems Hillary 51-44

Welcome to the corporate shrill club. I hope you enjoy it under the bus. Please enjoy a cocktail and join us for the weekly sacrifice to Kissinger.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
<raises hand>

Also:

Utah

Jeb Bush (R) 9%
Ben Carson (R) 9%
Ted Cruz (R) 22%
John Kasich (R) 4%
Marco Rubio (R) 24%
Donald Trump (R) 18%
Other 2%
Undecided 11%

Dems Hillary 51-44

How recent is this? They still have Jeb!

It's interesting that the Nevada loss is what it took to convince (some, not all) Sanders fans that he wasn't going to win this thing. In reality even if he won NV he'd still be in a precarious situation given Hillary's advantages in SC+Super Tuesday.

I hate to sound like a broken record but it's also clear his "political revolution" didn't happen. We've already seen what an actual political revolution looks like in 2008, and Sanders; needless to say I take it kinda personal when I hear him and his supporters act like they're doing something that has never been done before.

Holmes

And by then it'll be too late -- Trump will have well past the amount of delegates he needs on his way to the nomination.
I just want to wait until after Ohio and Florida until I can move Trump from 85% likely to be the nominee to 100% if he wins even one of the two. If he takes both then it's over.

It's interesting that the Nevada loss is what it took to convince (some, not all) Sanders fans that he wasn't going to win this thing. In reality even if he won NV he'd still be in a precarious situation given Hillary's advantages in SC+Super Tuesday.

I hate to sound like a broken record but it's also clear his "political revolution" didn't happen. We've already seen what an actual political revolution looks like in 2008, and Sanders; needless to say I take it kinda personal when I hear him and his supporters act like they're doing something that has never been done before.
Have you heard anything about morale, money or bickering from Bernie staff after Nevada?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
<raises hand>

Also:

Utah

Jeb Bush (R) 9%
Ben Carson (R) 9%
Ted Cruz (R) 22%
John Kasich (R) 4%
Marco Rubio (R) 24%
Donald Trump (R) 18%
Other 2%
Undecided 11%

Dems Hillary 51-44

ITS FUCKING OVER TRUMPETERS

Rubio hath come

CCS

Banned
At least it looks like the Democrat establishment has managed to marshal their base into line, even if it's not been pretty. The big take away from the Republican primary, regardless of whether Rubio manages to scrape to victory or not, is that the GOP has completely lost control of their base and they have no idea how to get them back into line.

Difference between "precarious" and "lol.".

At least it looks like the Democrat establishment has managed to marshal their base into line, even if it's not been pretty. The big take away from the Republican primary, regardless of whether Rubio manages to scrape to victory or not, is that the GOP has completely lost control of their base and they have no idea how to get them back into line.

You say the republicans have lost control of their base? I say real americans have finally wrestled control back from those god damned rinos.

Putzweg

Did anyone see Trumps latest speech in Atlanta when the lights goes off. And Trump gets angry when they turn them on again. He starts yelling "turn off the lights!" and the crowd goes wild yelling with him: "Turn off the lights!" and he starts waving with his hands.

https://youtu.be/Y9DJrA8gBwM?t=14m20s

I dont know what to make of it. But its Trump being Trump times twice. Its like something out of a Wrestling match.

CCS

Banned
Did anyone see Trumps latest speech in Atlanta when the lights goes off. And Donald "All of the women on The Apprentice flirted with me" Trump gets angry when they turn them on again. He starts yelling "turn off the lights!" and the crowd goes wild yelling with him: "Turn off the lights!" and he starts waving with his hands.

One thing you have to give Trump: he's good at thinking and working on his feet.

Hindl

Did anyone see Trumps latest speech in Atlanta when the lights goes off. And Trump gets angry when they turn them on again. He starts yelling "turn off the lights!" and the crowd goes wild yelling with him: "Turn off the lights!" and he starts waving with his hands.

I dont know what to make of it. But its Trump being Trump times twice. Its like something out of a Wrestling match.

The man knows how to work a crowd

That's fucking beautiful.

Bernie not stopping trying to wreck Hillary. Where is the clean campaign Bernie? When Hillary says something about him all of a sudden it's a low blow. This encourages a large part of his supporters to hate her.

Sam Wang has got it pegged at and 80% chance Trump takes it, at this point. His thinking is that Trump will almost certainly still have majority delegates after Super Tuesday. The only thing that might stop Trump is Rubio winning Florida. Or everyone but Rubio dropping out by then.

noshten

Bernie not stopping trying to wreck Hillary. Where is the clean campaign Bernie? When Hillary says something about him all of a sudden it's a low blow. This encourages a large part of his supporters to hate her.

She might want to look into it if she is running against Trump, we don't want one of his reporter friends to be leaking her transcripts during the GE.

daedalius

Bernie can turn the NV loss into a fundraising drive. That's easy. He can ramp up the "look how close we came, if we just had a little more..." and the money will flow in. However, after SC, and maybe going 4 and 22 in March...that argument gets a hell of a lot harder.

I've seen stuff on my Facebook feed comparing Bernie to Obama and how he lost Nevada, but ultimately won. However I think that is coming from supporters and not the actual campaign.

Makai

People are too quick to pounce on people in Trump threads. Someone just has to say, "Hillary is worse" and 5 people respond in a minute.

thefro

Sam Wang has got it pegged at and 80% chance Trump takes it, at this point. His thinking is that Trump will almost certainly still have majority delegates after Super Tuesday. The only thing that might stop Trump is Rubio winning Florida. Or everyone but Rubio dropping out by then.

One of Rubio's big problems is he doesn't have much money left.

I'm sure he got a boost after South Carolina, but there's a TON of states that vote in the next 22 days. He's going to need the Kochs or someone to carpet-bomb Trump with ads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom