• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man Obama would just rip into Trump once the primaries are over. Don't they have a head to head debate with the candidates moderated by the president of the president participates in? It seems like that was a thing before.

Ben Carson is under pressure to drop his presidential bid after a string of back-of-the-pack primary finishes, but he's insisting to allies that he plans to hold on through Super Tuesday.

But that stand is likely to be his last, according to people close to the Carson camp who say more disappointing results in the conservative, mostly Southern states voting on March 1 would be the decisive blow to force the candidate out.

"I think Super Tuesday, March 1, is going to be a moment of truth," said Armstrong Williams, a Carson friend and confidant, describing the day when a dozen, mostly Southern states cast their ballots.

“You cannot ignore the fact that our predictions of what would happen and what could turn this around have not come to fruition yet," Williams said. "Unless that happens, it is obvious what the outcome will be."

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/02/ben-carson-exit-republican-candidates-219669#ixzz4148Iv4Xt

Carson to drop out after Super Tuesday.

Makai

Oh man Obama would just rip into Trump once the primaries are over. Don't they have a head to head debate with the candidates moderated by the president of the president participates in? It seems like that was a thing before.
No, this has never existed. Benji, let me know if I'm wrong.

There is no way the GOP can stop this now. I mean, he's been 2-1-1-1. I mean...holy hell. It's going to be Hillary vs Trump. I mean....my god. TRUMP!?

Those voters go Trump.

eh, i actually think they don't. Not the remaining ones. Anyone who is taking Carson right now is an irrational actor. Voting for him is a waste. Why would they go to Trump? Since you're voting Carson, you're protesting Trump.

They'll go to another far right conservative, Cruz or Rubio, IMO.

jiggle

Dat 3 2 1 strategy is working out great

Cruz friendly to Trump tonight for some reason.
The writings are on the wall
both of them should be shifting to notice me senpai mode

Edit: how strange
first Google image search result is this
latest

Bowdz

Trump has almost 53% in Clark County (Las Vegas) and not even 20% of it is in.

Trump may win 50% or damn near close when it's all said and done.

If trump hits 50%, no fucking way the media talks up Rubio. Shit, not sure that matters. This was a demolition by Trump.

Holy shiiiit!

Please let this happen. Let this be the night Trump won.

Holmes

If Clinton wins demmy, I guarantee it will be Marco Rubio; that Latino/conflicted/minority fringe vote would be a lock for him.
No. Rubio will not want to be associated with Trump if he wants to run for governor of Florida in 2018 and for President again in the future.

Why does anyone give any attention or credibility to Rove after what he did in 2012?

Fox News should know better by now.

Ten years ago, Rove was like the ultimate boogeyman for the left. People had this massive fear of him and his supposed genius and constant concern that one was playing into Rove's hands.

Yeah, things have kind of gone downhill for him from there.

Cerium

If Trump wants a politician, he might take Scott Brown, Rick Scott, or (sigh) Sarah Palin.

If he doesn't limit himself to a politician, then a whole wide world of wacky possibilities becomes open to us.

benjipwns

Banned
No republican candidate has lost the nomination after winning 3 of the first 4 primaries. It's done.
Pat Buchanan, 1996. (Dole lost five of the first six primaries, got only 26% in Iowa.)

George H.W. Bush, 1980. (In 1988, he would fail to win seven of the first ten.)

In 2008, Mitt Romney won three of the first five. (And finished second in Iowa.)

CCS

Banned
Damn, did I miss the fun? :(

Also, truly revolutionary strategy the 3-5-2-2 from Rubio. Let's see how that goes for him.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If Trump wants a politician, he might take Scott Brown, Rick Scott, or (sigh) Sarah Palin.

If he doesn't limit himself to a politician, then a whole wide world of wacky possibilities becomes open to us.

We both know he's gonna pick Omarosa.

Have yall seen the ot thread about the government wanting access to the iphones? The government is stepping up its spygame and both donald trump and hillary clinton are fine with this. I tried to tell u all that we're signing away our freedoms and the clintons are not the saviors all the yassing would have you believe.
This is not the america i grew up in. Rand is gone and bernie is fading fast. Soon the government will be profiling us all on what we fap to. Go run to hillary to save u then.

This is not a joke i am dead serious

Trump now up to 47%.

But cruz is cratering. Oh god, I hope he does not get out. Stay til Texas, please!

edit: I guess it was a blip. Cruz back in it!

Jarmel

Banned
One point the pundits at CNN made and I think is very true is that Trump has improved as a politician and is in many ways better than the actual politicians he's competing against. He has a very clear concise message and he has built a brand that seems to weather anything against him.

Trump now up to 47%.

But cruz is cratering. Oh god, I hope he does not get out. Stay til Texas, please!

What numbers are you using? Trump's down to 43.8% with 23% of the vote because the rural counties have come in. It'll go up though as Clark/Washoe/Carson City votes comes in.

Cruz is stuck in 3rd though as he's behind Rubio in Clark/Washoe.

What numbers are you using? Trump's down to 43.8% with 23% of the vote because the rural counties have come in. It'll go up though as Clark/Washoe/Carson City votes comes in.

Cruz is stuck in 3rd though as he's behind Rubio in Clark/Washoe.

Seems it is updated slow for me or something. When I posted it, that new county which Cruz won wasn't in.

Cruz won two small counties, it seems.

johnsmith

remember me
So do McCain and all the other establishment types that Trump has been shitting on endorse him for the general or do they just stay silent?

watershed

Banned
One point the pundits at CNN made and I think is very true is that Trump has improved as a politician and is in many ways better than the actual politicians he's competing against. He has a very clear concise message and he has built a brand that seems to weather anything against him.
He's always been better than the candidates he's running against. He has absolutely mastered the GOP primary game. He makes empty promises, refuses to outline real policies, uses hyperbolic language, and never stops attacking his opponents. That's textbook politics for both parties except that democrats expect a bit more from their candidates. I don't think anyone is saying Trump is bad at politics. He's mastered it so far.

I don't know how Trump doesn't run independent if the RNC fucks him over. They've been treating him like shit so far. They've broken their agreement with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom