• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT| Ask us about our performance with Latinos in Nevada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cerium

I'm concerned for Glenn Beck's mental state. More than usual, I mean.

He's basically melting down today after Trump crashed his caucus speech last night.

There is a storm coming of biblical proportions, a storm coming beyond your recognition. When the economy collapses, when our currency is worth toilet paper, who do you want, who do you want handling our nation? You want somebody who has divide us, who is grooming Brownshirts? I was at the caucus last night. I had never seen anything like it. These Trump supporters were beyond recognition as anything I’ve ever seen — rude, vile, nasty.

I don’t want to say all of them. But there’s enough of them. And the ones that I met that were nice, I don’t how you can stand in the same room with them. I don’t know if you look — how do you look at those people and say, “Wait a minute. That’s what my guy is encouraging.” I have some audio to play for you from yesterday. “That’s what my guy is encouraging.” Everybody said the same thing, “I want change.” Boy, America, you are going to get change.

Don’t you even hear yourself when you say that? Because you were the ones that stood up and said, “Change to what? Hope and change, Mr. Barack Obama. Mr. Barack Obama supporters, change to what?” I just want change. Oh, dear God.

Why is a man given a voice? Why is a man given the vision of what is to come if he can’t do a damn thing about it?

User 406

Banned
I don't think any of that would stick in a general election.

You need to identify his sources of strength and destroy them. Find incidents where he "lost" and was a "loser" and didn't win. Turn him into Wiley E. Coyote.

Maybe remind everyone how Obama chased him out of the race last time around. Bring out the AFL stuff. Any time he's ever fucked up, bring it out and make him look like a total loser.

One point I'd really like to see hammered home is how his net worth would have been a lot higher if he had just invested his inheritance instead of paying for the privilege of pretending to be some kind of competent businessman. If someone could distill down the numbers and facts to make it soundbitey, that would be great. Hits him right where his personal narrative lives.

The Trump campaign is such a farce its kinda fun to laugh at but its also stirring up the crazies. Here is a new robocall a white nationalist group is running for him:

The white race is dying out in America and Europe because we are afraid to be called ‘racist.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/muckra...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

You know, we talk about not judging a candidate by his supporters, but when a candidate you like has supporters like this, you really need to rethink your life. :X

Like the fact that Hillary has a vagina.

Nah, he'll play up how much money she's taken in campaign donations, Benghazi and the email thing, Libya, how she'll keep Obamacare in place, how she's a hypocrite for claiming to be a champion of women while defending her predatory husband, etc. Trump I think will lay off the sexist shit as much as his bellicose rhetoric allows and let his supporters do that dirty work for him. The campaign is going to be about how Hillary is a Washington insider - and an insider for the wrong team, to boot! - and how everything that people hate about Washington, and everything they hate about their lives that can be linked in some way to Washington, will continue in spades under her.

I read this this morning. Love Taibbi and I think he actually nails the Trump campaign to a T and why it is successful.

Having said that, I disagree that he will win the USA. I think there's still just enough people out there too scared by his shit to let it happen.

We're not to Idiocracy, yet. We're getting closer, but we haven't gotten close enough to that line. Or at least, I hope.

Nina Totenberg – @NinaTotenberg

#SCOTUS sources say Cruz asked to sit w Scalia clerks @ funeral. They said no. Then GOP leadership said no bc he wasn't 1 of them either.

Every time Cruz get scorned, an angel gets their wings.

You have no idea how these Cruz stories feed my soul.

As to Sandoval, I believe it's a leaked story to test the GOP as others argue. Good move, too.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Nah, he'll play up how much money she's taken in campaign donations, Benghazi and the email thing, Libya, how she'll keep Obamacare in place, how she's a hypocrite for claiming to be a champion of women while defending her predatory husband, etc. Trump I think will lay off the sexist shit as much as his bellicose rhetoric allows and let his supporters do that dirty work for him. The campaign is going to be about how Hillary is a Washington insider - and an insider for the wrong team, to boot! - and how everything that people hate about Washington, and everything they hate about their lives that can be linked in some way to Washington, will continue in spades under her.

Yep.

Why are there pages and pages on end discussing how to word demographic observations?

Because the Dem primary is over, and the GOP primary is on life support, and we don't really have anything else to talk about?

I really think Donald "Blood coming out of her whatever" J. "Look at that face!" Trump is really going to lay off sexism in his campaign after being an obvious racist to Carson, Cruz, and Rubio in the primary.

Jeb is Tobias

After all that good Gob stuff I gave you!?

giphy.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I read this this morning. Love Taibbi and I think he actually nails the Trump campaign to a T and why it is successful.

Having said that, I disagree that he will win the USA. I think there's still just enough people out there too scared by his shit to let it happen.

We're not to Idiocracy, yet. We're getting closer, but we haven't gotten close enough to that line. Or at least, I hope.

Agreed. It's a fantastic read, but I think he might be letting his fear of Trump get to him a little.

jtb

Banned
The campaign finance stuff is an interesting stick for Trump to hit Hillary with and, unlike all the other ones, he's a good messenger for it. But in a general, it would truly take a Bernie Bro revolution for that to be what sinks Hillary against Trump because I just don't see it registering as a top issue for most voters with more immediate views/issues to vote on.

gcubed

i mean, if you look at Trump's actual economic policy doesn't it just prove that a lot of republican voters are republican voters only because of social issues? If I remember correctly, besides being a racist, mysoginistic, slightly homophobic xenophobe he lines up with democrat economic proposals a lot.

Teggy

I'm pretty sure the only way you'd take down Cruz is by either being to his right or by being Donald Trump.

Texas's last Democratic Senator was in 1993 and that was because the original incumbent was elected in 1970 and basically never left (the last Democratic Senator was appointed to finish the term and failed to win the election to keep the seat).

I was thinking more along the lines he would get primaried for being an embarrassment to Texas Republicans. I don't care how he gets out, as long as he gets out.

The campaign finance stuff is an interesting stick for Trump to hit Hillary with and, unlike all the other ones, he's a good messenger for it. But in a general, it would truly take a Bernie Bro revolution for that to be what sinks Hillary against Trump because I just don't see it registering as a top issue for most voters with more immediate views/issues to vote on.

It'll be a multi-pronged attack. Trump's best angle is to paint Hillary as someone who doesn't have the interest of regular people at heart, whereas Trump is so rich the only interest he can have is trying to make the country better. He can't win minorities, but he can try to make Hillary look so awful the Obama coalition doesn't show up for her.

i mean, if you look at Trump's actual economic policy doesn't it just prove that a lot of republican voters are republican voters only because of social issues? If I remember correctly, besides being a racist, mysoginistic, slightly homophobic xenophobe he lines up with democrat economic proposals a lot.

His Tax plan is pure GOP (except that he's willing to kick hedge fund managers by closing a loophole that results in a slightly lesser reduction to their tax rate, the horror).

I was thinking more along the lines he would get primaried for being an embarrassment to Texas Republicans. I don't care how he gets out, as long as he gets out.

What you see as an "embarassment," Texas Republicans see as "standing up to the godless Muslim Obama."

Does it? He wants massive tax cuts for the rich(he erroneously believes US tax rates are the highest in the world) and he doesn't believe in increasing the minimum wage.

jtb

Banned
It'll be a multi-pronged attack. Trump's best angle is to paint Hillary as someone who doesn't have the interest of regular people at heart, whereas Trump is so rich the only interest he can have is trying to make the country better. He can't win minorities, but he can try to make Hillary look so awful the Obama coalition doesn't show up for her.

After all the material he's provided this primary, I think that's going to be a very tough sell. Even if that is a successful line of attack, I think it will still be easier for Hillary to fearmonger minorities into voting against Trump than it will for Trump to fearmonger them into staying home.

gcubed

His Tax plan is pure GOP (except that he's willing to kick hedge fund managers by closing a loophole that results in a slightly lesser reduction to their tax rate, the horror).

Does it? He wants massive tax cuts for the rich(he erroneously believes US tax rates are the highest in the world) and he doesn't believe in increasing the minimum wage.

I'm looking now and he wants the standard "remove deductions and lower tax rate" tax simplification that you heard bandied about everywhere. I assume that there has been studies done on doing this and its *actual* impact to people? ... but i see that the mortgage interest and charity stays... i can't see how this becomes revenue neutral then.

I'm still reading because i assumed a lot of things. Reading his webpage is like reading a book from kindergarten. Good lord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom