• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump's coke sniffs drove my wife out of the room lol. Good jorb, Hillary. Killed it. Now to listen to Diamond City Radio instead of dumb pundits. Goodnight. I love you, Lester Holt.

Holmes

Hillary at the end of the debate:

oPj9CqX.gif

Thats actually how it looked for the most part, I see it more 60/40 Clinton. Donald didnt do great but he didnt crash and burn like some people here seem to think.

Trump absolutely crashed completely after the first 15 minutes. He fell apart, came across as low energy, rambling, unfocused. His answers were terrible, irrelevant and full of lies. He interrupted everyone and argued with the moderator. He said terrible things about not paying people, how a woman deserved it when he called her a pig, and completely fumbled when asked about his discrimination lawsuit.

How was his performance anything but a total crash and burn. He came totally unhinged.

HylianTom

Banned
I think Holt was mostly fine.

I'm relieved that Clinton didn't cough.

I'm glad that Clinton kept her email answer short and didn't dwell on it.

I'd bet that many soft Clinton supporters are going to be coming home, and the gender gap will be quite healthy.

A good night. Such a relief.

I really wish Hillary had retorted with "OUR President" after that "your President" comment by Trump. It happened so fast though I can understand why she didn't or didn't notice. I think that would have been a huge story/moment but maybe things truly are so partisan that it wouldn't matter.

Fox318

Friends that was an odd moment in American history.

I know some will complain about Lester but I think he did a fair job. It was an impossible and thankless job but ultimately the debate was about the candidates.

Veelk

Banned
I think he actually ran out of gas. He had a strong first 10 minutes and literally ran out of gas.

I did notice that he seemed to have less energy in the second half of the debate. He was all fury after y the first ten minutes, and then he was just resigned.

How do people think Lester Holt did on moderation?

He was okay in some instances, but he needed to call out Trump's bullshit way more often. Why the fuck did he allow Trump to go on for like 4 minutes in his 2 minute answer.

Vestal

I did notice that he seemed to have less energy in the second half of the debate. He was all fury after y the first ten minutes, and then he was just resigned.

How do people think Lester Holt did on moderation?

He was okay in some instances, but he needed to call out Trump's bullshit way more often. Why the fuck did he allow Trump to go on for like 4 minutes in his 2 minute answer.

Holt started slow.. But he pushed pretty hard on the bullshit later on.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Nate Silver
@NateSilver538
Good news for Democrats: Really hard to see how that debate helped Trump.
Bad news: If it somehow did help Trump, maybe no stopping him?

9:47pm · 26 Sep 2016 · Twitter Web Client

If you still cared what Nate said ... you can stop now.

Boke1879

She is going to fucking SLAY the Town hall debate.

God I can't wait, and she's about to be more visible this week as well. This could be a nice stretch for her.

Now you wonder how Trump reacts after this.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What is Fox News saying?

They seem to be trying to avoid talking about the debate too much. Still attacking hillary, but only with old talking points and not much energy.

I think the most reliable way to judge debate performance is by looking at how the other side is acting, and it seems like they know trump lost.

Crocodile

Trump: "I'm proud I got the birth certificate produced"

That is the opposite of an apology. Why is he quadrupling down on this? Fuck him!

So.

I'm calling a tie on that.

Trump was more charismatic and played the part of the strong man extremely well.

Was also unhinged and made no sense but that doesn't matter all that much.

Hillary was better on all policy pretty much but was much less charismatic. Also let him talk a lot. Stayed smiling and tried to play the high card, linking Michelle.

Was lame. Less than expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom