• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holt did fine for the most part, did get steamrolled by Trump a few times. Bringing up his Iraq vote and taking him to task for racial profiling were great.

However, I think Anderson Cooper and Chris Wallace are going to be much stronger in reeling in Trump. Honestly, people will want to hear something new from him at the next debate but I think he seriously lacks the knowledge to make coherent arguments.

Hillary going the high road was fine but I do want to see some subtle digs at him. The tax return stuff, for example, was very well done.

Sianos

LOL, okay, STFU Nate

Nate Silver @NateSilver538
Good news for Democrats: Really hard to see how that debate helped Trump.
Bad news: If it somehow did help Trump, maybe no stopping him?

it doesn't have to be this way, bad nate

it doesn't have to be this way

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Haha, Trump declaring he's doing great in online polls on Bloomberg.

Holmes

Hillary when Trump was spewing bullshit

tumblr_inline_ny7faxBqOM1ri9b9f_500.png

Boke1879

So.

I'm calling a tie on that.

Trump was more charismatic and played the part of the strong man extremely well.

Was also unhinged and made no sense but that doesn't matter all that much.

Hillary was better on all policy pretty much but was much less charismatic. Also let him talk a lot. Stayed smiling and tried to play the high card, linking Michelle.

Was lame. Less than expected.

Oh please. The tax shit, taking advantage of workers, the birth shit all killed him, and he looked unhinged. Sorry but that's bad.

Hazmat

Also, fuck Chuck Todd. "The American voters are the losers because they just talked about themselves."

Who has the ability to affect that?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
OH FUCK. Trump saying on Bloomberg that he barely restrained himself from his 'final attack' by going after Bill Clinton's infidelities.

There is literally no way Trump got out of this looking better.

He soared a little bit on the manufacturing stuff, but total flapping in the mud in the end.

He only sounds good on this stuff because he's loud and at first glance his BS blaming free trade seems to make sense regarding the reduction of jobs in manufacturing. It doesn't play well to talk about the continued shift to a service job economey for a lot of working class people. He doesn't want to discuss how his tarrifs would cause prices to just increase.

I think he got destroyed and did what I assumed he would, lie and stump. That being said, that's all he's ever done so how this plays out to the average voter is beyond me. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Debirudog

So.

Trump was more charismatic and played the part of the strong man extremely well.

Hillary was better on all policy pretty much but was much less charismatic. Also let him talk a lot. Stayed smiling and tried to play the high card, linking Michelle.

He sounded more like a buffoon, not a strong man. Again, you can't expect pure perfection. Like how could you honestly expect someone who is proud to take advantage of the working class, dodge his financial responsibilities and completely fucking up on his birther moment made him incredibly strong.

You must be impressed by a 4 year throwing off an trantrum then.

I wonder what the debate would have looked like with a traditional candidate like Jeb Bush?

not much better. Jeb has negative charisma and isn't a particularly good speaker- and he's still tied to incredibly backwards economic and social policy that is ripe for anyone to easily dismantle with little effort.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So.

I might agree with it being a tie, but I think Trump needed more than that. This might be his last good opportunity to actually get a strong lead, instead of just brief spats of tied in the polls.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
So.

See, to me, "charismatic" and "unhinged" are mutually exclusive.

dramatis

I did notice that he seemed to have less energy in the second half of the debate. He was all fury after y the first ten minutes, and then he was just resigned.
Trump came in thinking he could steamroll Hillary. When he tried to interrupt and Hillary just ignored him, he realized he couldn't fluster her like he did Jeb.

East Lake

Trump on Bloomberg saying he didn't want to correct Hillary's lies because he's saving his "final attack" on things her husband did and didn't want to offend Chelsea.

LOL, okay, STFU Nate

Nate Silver @NateSilver538
Good news for Democrats: Really hard to see how that debate helped Trump.
Bad news: If it somehow did help Trump, maybe no stopping him?

Yeah. I have issues with his model but I'm perfectly willing to listen to defenses of it. His punditry is pretty much indefensible, and despite saying all the right things after the primary disaster, he's not only gone back to old habits, he seems to be getting worse.

Yeah. I have issues with his model but I'm perfectly willing to listen to defenses of it. His punditry is pretty much indefensible, and despite saying all the right things after the primary disaster, he's not only gone back to old habits, he seems to be getting worse.

I actually think he was less obnoxious in the primary. The guy is straight up writing troll tweets now.

Pixieking

Banned
Yeah, Holt wasn't great at making sure the candidates kept to the time-limits... That favoured Trump, but his rambling made it a negative. Hillary went over a couple of times, but she did so "politely" - that is, finishing her talking point within 3 sentences, at most.

Trump lost the end - saying Rosie deserved it? What is that?? And not answering the "Will you abide by the result?" question at all. It was a weak answer by Clinton, but also politically clever - remind people that it's about their future.

Good answer by Clinton on emails. "It was a mistake, I wouldn't do it again." That's it. She also didn't give air-time to arguing against "super-predator".

That scoff by Trump after "African American community". That's how you show disrespect.

Hopfrog

So.

All due respect, you are out of your mind if you think that was a tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom