• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargypsy

Anyone think he will participate in the next two debates? I can see him pulling out on a media bias spiel. I think most candidates would try knuckle down and prepare more. I can't see him doing that. I think he will just go back to his rallies.

Boke1879

Trump on Bloomberg saying he didn't want to correct Hillary's lies because he's saving his "final attack" on things her husband did and didn't want to offend Chelsea.

Cuz that's going to play well. Especially with women. Also I'm sure Chelsea knows it all anyway.

Cyanity

Banned
Trump saying that he has a winning temperament while Clinton just smiles at the screen is going to be a widely played clip, calling it now.

Silver's horse race antics are so flatly transparent. Forget the actual evils of punditry, let's talk about how awful he is at it.

Yeah, I think we can conclusively put tonight in the W column. Would not be shocked if Trump skips out on the next one.

Serious question: does Trump even do the second debate now? Consensus seems to be he was destroyed.

We've seen Trump debate a dozen times now. We've seen him attempt to speak without a teleprompter a dozen more.

Trump does not have the intellectual capacity to discuss a subject in any kind of coherent detail.

Maybe he did in the 80s, but there is nothing that can be done here. His staff have to be apoplectic

lyrick

He only sounds good on this stuff because he's loud and at first glance his BS blaming free trade seems to make sense regarding the reduction of jobs in manufacturing. It doesn't play well to talk about the continued shift to a service job economey for a lot of working class people. He doesn't want to discuss how his tarrifs would cause prices to just increase.

I think he got destroyed and did what I assumed he would, lie and stump. That being said, that's all he's ever done so how this plays out to the average voter is beyond me. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

People also completely overlook productivity gains. The fact that manufactures have produced more outputs with less labor hours year after year for decades doesn't exactly play into the favor of the employment numbers.

watershed

Banned
Trump was Trump, Hillary was Hillary and that seems to have been enough to make people realize there was only one president on stage tonight. I'm liking the media reaction so far. Call it like it is folks.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Serious question: does Trump even do the second debate? Consensus is he lost badly.

I hope he pulls out.

Even if he did lose "bigly", it's not near as bad as him not doing the debate at all.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Serious question: does Trump even do the second debate now? Consensus seems to be he was destroyed.

I think he tries to wiggle out. He seemed okay with the prospect in these interviews he's doing on his way out. Mentioned that maybe he'll whip out a comment on Bill's indiscretions at the next debate.

Clinton literally did this at one point.

giphy.gif

Holt did a fine job. He didn't watch the clock too carefully, but he didn't shy away from asking for actual answers, and he fact checked where needed most.

(And frankly, considering how Trump used his time, I have trouble being too upset about him having more of it).

Kid Heart

I'm still not sure if I picked the best or worst debate to watch as my first one.

I'm glad I did though. Despite Trump's extremely low bar for expectations I don't even think he managed to clear that. After the first 10 or 15 minutes he completely lost his cool and melted down even more the longer the night dragged on. Hillary managed to do great with her policy as I expected her to do, though I wish she called Trump out on more of his lies and question dodging. All in all I say it went pretty much as well as I hoped it would.

I imagine Trump will actually prepare for the next debate though, as there is no way his ego could take another beating this brutal.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
She was just OK IMO, she benefited from Trump being a fucking disaster

I don't think so. She needled him extremely well. Calling him Donald, mentioning his father's loan, bringing up bankruptcy.

I think it would be better if she would drop the jokes.

Serious question: does Trump even do the second debate? Consensus is he lost badly.
He looked awful.. But he always has. He talked too much and not enough of his nonsense was challenged. He didn't get destroyed, honestly. I thought Hillary was too conservative. She didn't dig into him as much as she could have, considering all the gafs he had

On the topic of racial healing brought up how stop and frisk would be a solution. She didn't address how brain dead of an answer that was as much as she could have

I dunno

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Holt did a fine job. He didn't watch the clock too carefully, but he didn't shy away from asking for actual answers, and he fact checked where needed most.

(And frankly, considering how Trump used his time, I have trouble being too upset about him having more of it).
I already forget who said it on Twitter, but someone said he was a mediocre moderator, but a pretty good interviewer when he did some deeper follow-up questioning. I'd say that's a pretty good summary.

Wilsongt

To show you just how shitty young voters are, a local technical college had a room full of students to watch the debate. Before hand, most were Trump supporters. Most said they would continue to support Trump. Most students aid they are not voting for a candidate, but against a candidate, and some said they weren't voting at out.

Fuck young voters.

Fuck. Them.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I don't think so. She needled him extremely well. Calling him Donald, mentioning his father's loan, bringing up bankruptcy.

I think it would be better if she would drop the jokes.

Just don't prepare any, if they occur organically like a couple did tonight, those were fine.

Cyanity

Banned
The r/the_donald livethread seems to be converging on "Lester Holt was in Hillary's camp and the debate was clearly rigged, but Trump didn't look as good as he could have. I'm still going to be voting for him, though."

East Lake

Yeah he was fine. A couple questions that got under Trump's skin and I don't think it's actually bad to let Trump run sometimes if the alternative is getting into a shouting match with him.

Debirudog

To show you just how shitty young voters are, a local technical college had a room full of students to watch the debate. Before hand, most were Trump supporters. Most said they would continue to support Trump. Most students aid they are not voting for a candidate, but against a candidate, and some said they weren't voting at out.

Fuck young voters.

Fuck. Them.

I would punch each and everyone of them. I hate my age group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom