• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Bloomberg's basically 'Trump fucking sucked, Hillary was on top of this'.

Hopfrog

Let's recap:

Trump admitted to paying no taxes multiple times.
Trump admitted not paying contractors and workers after work was done.
Trump scoffed after Hillary said "the black community."

Somebody please explain how this went well for him.

Simple answer: it didn't. Anyone claiming otherwise is foolish, IMO.

Debirudog

Just fucking let it go of your damn narrative for once, Media. It's clearly evident from the Trump supporter meltdowns that Hillary won this night. Fuck off.

spock

CNN waffling, making it seem like Trump won beginning and Clinton won the rest. Implying that it is a wash. Typical.

Thats actually how it looked for the most part, I see it more 60/40 Clinton. Donald didnt do great but he didnt crash and burn like some people here seem to think.

sphagnum

Banned
I can't believe (well, of course I can) that Trump kept digging his own grave by giving the wrong responses to Hillary's attacks. Instead of trying to turn things back on her he'd just agree and scoff. Did I evade taxes? Pfft, yeah! Did I insult women? Duh of course!

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
The media might try to play up a Trump victory, but it seems pretty clear from the reactions I've seen that conservatives are mostly on the defensive/attacking the moderator while democrats mostly are in celebration mode.

Hillary clearly won.

How the fuck has Roger Ailes managed to get Trump to be somewhat calm the last month but didn't get Trump to do a second of debate prep?

Trump looked like he was thinking about some of these questions for the first time and then stepped on every landmine by his own accord.

Because he was up there alone for 90 minutes. Trump's the classic guy you talk to who seems kinda sane and reasonable, but every minute you talk to him, he goes more and more off the rails as things get away from the very thin knowledge he has gotten from cable news.

Hillary was "Tom Cruise and Donald was Jack Nicholson"
"She cleaned his clock"

Steve Schmidt says she "looked terrific, capable, strong and Donald Trump looked like a runner out of gas"

Facebook reminded me I met Steve Schmidt 3 years ago today. Not really relevant but hey

Trump's curve grading might salvage him the early bits, but I don't think I've see or heard of anybody giving him anything after that. He went completely off the reservation.

Shorter Plouffe

"Trump looked unhinged. Might have played to his strong supporters but he's losing and did nothing to change that tonight."

Iolo

That was pretty good guys. I think the birther thing was his worst moment. I prefer to just watch these straight through instead of posting so I don't get distracted. Now time to go back through the thread.

Past five minutes on CNN:

Axelrod going in on Trump.

Jake Tapper going in on Trump.

Hillary commanded the debate

Trump sniffling

Trump drinking lot of water

Trump rattled

Lack of preparation

royalan

I am so fucking proud to be a Hillary Stan right now.

She. Did. THAT.

Cleanup on aisle 7.

Throw in the towel.

Put that on a diss track.

Sibylus

Banned
Trump was destroyed up there. His ego was in full fever and he had nothing except bragging and his stump speech to fall back on.

Emarv

LOL, okay, STFU Nate

Nate Silver @NateSilver538
Good news for Democrats: Really hard to see how that debate helped Trump.
Bad news: If it somehow did help Trump, maybe no stopping him?

Piecake

I thought Lester Holt was fine. His questions were very good, and while he didn't keep Trump on task I think that is absolutely impossible. He fact checked a few times on important points.

Hilary Clinton was clearly nervous on the first question and seemed rehearsed. After that first 2 minutes I thought she did great.

Trump was a fucking disaster that only got worse as the debate went along.

The media might try to play up a Trump victory, but it seems pretty clear from the reactions I've seen that conservatives are mostly on the defensive/attacking the moderator while democrats mostly are in celebration mode.

Hillary clearly won.

NPR is debunking Trump's bullshit right now.

Teggy

Can I start wetting my bed that Trump will have a super low bar for the next debate?

Damn Nicole Wallace saying Hillary exceeded expectations.

Of course pointing out you shouldn't assume a Trump collapse because look what's happened so far.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
People are saying his trade stuff in the beginning was decent but the rest was trash. Steve Schmidt saying he was pretty terrible in the balance.

Yeah, I agree. Like, if you check my posts from the first ~4 minutes, I was getting slightly worried.

Thankfully, Trump can't actually do more than 4 minutes of collection so there was no need to be worried in the end. Clinton took the other 86 minutes.

I think Clinton did reasonably; although it's difficult to judge such a mismatch. Next time I want to see her stop Trump just seizing the conversation and instead try to keep returning to the stuff her base wants - I mean, keep it relevant, but there's no need to keep attacking Trump. Her best stretches were when she was talking about police reform and inequality, not when she was getting into insultfests with Trump. Also, no more jokes, ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom