• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I cannot believe Trump praised himself for not bringing up her husband's affairs and may do it next debate.

1. How in the world is that even an attack?

2. Does he realize how he himself has also been publicly shown to cheat on his wives?

kess

I enjoyed how Trump sarcastically replied to her line on his tweets, then she quickly turned around and replied "it's a good one." Heh.

Mika going full blown diablos during Morning Joe because she thinks the debate will still help Trump. Looks like she's going to have a panic attack at some point.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING
OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAYYYYY
I'VE GOT THIS WONDERFUL FEELING
EVERYTHING'S GOING MY WAYYYY

Morning Joe saying thisomething won't move the needle. Do these people realize Clinton is still Winning? If it doesn't move the needle she still wins in an electoral landslide.

Also lol Mika needs to calm down.

sazzy

She doesn't need to; Joe and Mika are doing it plenty for her. Suddenly the debate doesn't matter since Clinton only won by 'traditional rules'.

I don't know about Joe, but I can understand why Mika is cautious about celebrating.

People can be subconsciously superstitious.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
So will Trump actually prepare for the next debate or...

He got embarrassed on that First Use question. It was pretty obvious he didn't know what they meant and just ran down the clock.

Boke1879

So will Trump actually prepare for the next debate or...

He got embarrassed on that First Use question. It was pretty obvious he didn't know what they meant and just ran down the clock.

Don't know how he prepares for the town hall portion. I suspect Clinton will pass that with flying colors

I'm happy Trump fucked himself up. Hillary did awesome too. God, wonderful stuff. After so long, it was great to see it.

I'm with you. I almost didn't watch it because I was so anxious and just hearing DJT speak puts me into a fit of rage. My heart rate was high the whole time, but I feel noticeably lighter this morning than I did yesterday.

As of right now - at least in this moment - I think everything is going to be okay.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My only wish that was not fulfilled last night was that the moderator did a better job of control.

There were no scheduled closing statements, and Trump hijacked the question to make a closing statement. They should have penalties (less mic time) for that crap.

User1608

Banned
I'm with you. I almost didn't watch it because I was so anxious and just hearing DJT speak puts me into a fit of rage. My heart rate was high the whole time, but I feel noticeably lighter this morning than I did yesterday.

As of right now - at least in this moment - I think everything is going to be okay.
That's good.😃 Yep. Everything will be alright in the end.

Touchdown

Banned
OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING
OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DAYYYYY
I'VE GOT THIS WONDERFUL FEELING
EVERYTHING'S GOING MY WAYYYY

Sing!!!!!

37a724a1b8.gif

My only wish that was not fulfilled last night was that the moderator did a better job of control.

There were no scheduled closing statements, and Trump hijacked the question to make a closing statement. They should have penalties (less mic time) for that crap.

I honestly give Lester a lot of credit. He asked really good questions and pushed Donald when he didn't actually answer them. He was prepared to challenge him on certain lies and it never felt like he was being more lenient towards DJT than Clinton. I don't know if it's a low bar to say none of the things I was afraid would happen happened, but that's enough for me. If all the moderators are at least as good as Lester, I will be satisfied.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I swear to god I hope him saying he avoids taxes and him taking advantage of workers gets play. Fucking idiot

CNN has been going with that. One of the men on their undecided voter panel is going for Clinton specifically because of that comment. He said he pays taxes as a college student so the idea that Trump doesn't is "unpatriotic."

I don't even know how you spin any of the stuff with his taxes. Wouldn't shock me if Trump just runs down the clock on the issue. He might have something genuinely damaging in there that wouldn't stand through the scrutiny of thousands of journalists pouring through them.

thebloo

CNN has been going with that. One of the men on their undecided voter panel is going for Clinton specifically because of that comment. He said he pays taxes as a college student so the idea that Trump doesn't is "unpatriotic."

I don't even know how you spin any of the stuff with his taxes. Wouldn't shock me if Trump just runs down the clock on the issue. He might have something genuinely damaging in there that wouldn't stand through the scrutiny of thousands of journalists pouring through them.

He managed to bungle the subject so severely that it doesn't even matter. He clearly doesn't pay as much tax as Hillary and in many ways it's "normal". But he has made it a thing and even if that's the only thing wrong with them (probably not), it'll affect him.

Diablos

Hillary definitely won. I'm very impressed by how well she handled his bullshit. She looked like a leader standing next to a child. And I consider the part where she calls him out for not taking the debate seriously and how she prepared to be Pres a knockout punch.

Anyway let's not get too cocky. He did pretty bad but he might start trying to learn from his mistakes and come back more prepared next time for the town hall. You never know.

Gotta wonder what Chris Wallace is thinking. He has the last debate, the last time the two candidates will be on stage.

How do you all feel about the audience interaction?

Because obviously the silence agreement was not honored. Is there anything that can be done?

On one hand, I like the audience when they cannot contain their laughter at DJT. But hearing some guys cheering because Donald Trump said emails was nauseating.

Audience feedback sets the narrative and the debate stage is supposed to be as objective as possible. That's not what happened last night, but can you stop it from happening again?

Mika is Diablosing the fuck out right now.

We aren't using their name like that anymore. Stop using it.

Diablos

I think there can be occasional clapping.

And I guess maybe if you can't contain a chuckle.

But cheering and yelling and shit needs to get the fuck out.
Agreed. But I believe Trump's people started it. I don't blame Clinton folks for neutralizing the effect of that. Sadly even when he loses, Donald still manages to drag people into the mud with him. It sucks.

I have been following the PoliGAF threads during the election cycles. Diablos makes every single one better.

Plus, he got a tag out of it.

But they asked us to stop. They don't like it anymore, and maybe never did, so show some class and respect their request.

There are other ways to show solidarity with PoliGAF beyond ridiculing one of its members.

sazzy

Can everyone save this link to Clinton camp's page on all the issues she has a position on?

http://hrc.io/2doBYP0

I don't understand why everyone (on TV) keeps saying that both candidates aren't talking policy. Do they need everything on this page read out to them everyday or something? The media focuses on click-bait ratings shit and then complains that that is all there is talk about.

CCS

Banned
I'm watching the BBC News coverage of the debate at lunch, and they're doing a truly incredible amount of "both sides."

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
On PBS newshour someone said the following things;

"hilary clinton can't give a short answer"

“facts seemed to be an issue tonight, and that seems to be hilary clinton’s turf”

... really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom