• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Ditto. How's Clinton supposed to win re-election after four years of achieving nothing?
The GOP nominates Ted nugent?

Someone talk me off this small ledge...losing me-2 means NV can't replace CO so she could end at 269 if she loses CO but wins NV. I guess this is unlikely.

How good does ne-2 look?

There's zero reason anyone here shd worry

Even when she inevitably only gains 1-2 points

I think she gains a bit more than 1 or 2 points. Her issues were mostly with enthusiasm, not with converting voters to her, and last night was a good rallying cry to Democrats that he must be stopped.

I think this is the end for Stein and Johnson, as well. Anecdotally, been seeing a lot of Johnson people coming around to Hillary after last night.

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 23m23 minutes ago
Dem pollster Anna Greenberg: "he was incoherent/rude. Views pretty hardened but can move needle a bit for Clinton, which is all she needs"

John Harwood ‏@JohnJHarwood 27m27 minutes ago
GOP pollster: "Trump self-destructed. No temperament, no ideas, thin-skinned. terrible performance"

Michael Mulvihill
‏@mulvihill79
Debate overnight: 46.2/63 across four broadcast and three cable news networks.

Up 17% over first Obama-Romney debate on same networks

Michael Mulvihill ‏@mulvihill79 3m3 minutes ago
Debate overnights by network:

ABC - 8.4
CBS - 7.4
NBC - 11.1
FOX - 3.9
CNN - 5.9
FOXN - 6.4
MSNBC - 3.2

CNN's website main story now is about how Hillary was laying bait for Trump and he took every one of them, and they have the trolliest picture of Hillary I've seen.

It's basically "you've activated my trap card" in Hillary form

TheFatOne

I love Morning Joe still trying to find a way to freak out over Clintons performance yesterday. It's not about how Trump did horribly because the standard rules don't apply to him, and he came out great because of it. They make no fucking sense.

Seeing Kelly Anne Conway defend Trump after shitting on him during the primaries continues to astound.

Actually, more astounding to me is seeing Kellyanne Conway answer the questions she wishes she was asked instead of the questions she was actually asked. It was super frustrating seeing her on CNN this morning lol.

Diablos

I love Morning Joe still trying to find a way to freak out over Clintons performance yesterday. It's not about how Trump did horribly because the standard rules don't apply to him, and he came out great because of it. They make no fucking sense.
CNN is more tolerable today. Btw I think Mika is concern trolling more than she is showing legit panic. Joe gets off on it. That show gets harder to watch by the fucking week.

Actually, more astounding to me is seeing Kellyanne Conway answer the questions she wishes she was asked instead of the questions she was actually asked. It was super frustrating seeing her on CNN this morning lol.

Oh gawd, yes. She doesn't that kinda shit ALL the time. Most times she is on, I turn her off or mute.

Spin, spin, spin...

If those fast nationals hold, and depending on what we get from Univision and wherever else it was airing, that's in the low 80 millions for viewership.

HylianTom

Banned
Kaine being the tiebreaker vote would be so amazing
Kaine being the tiebreaker after Schumer goes nuclear would be must-see TV. The GOP would be whining about the court for decades, but after stalling on Scalia's replacement, I'd have no fucks to give.

It'd be glorious.

===

And I like how a coworker put it this morning: We got to see Hermione Granger debate the Troll in the Dungeon last night. It went as expected.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Kind of surprised CNN was that close to Fox News.

The absolute most important thing Hillary did last night was go straight after the Latino vote. That had been faltering a bit, and she went hard. Did a fantastic job.

Oh gawd, yes. She doesn't that kinda shit ALL the time. Most times she is on, I turn her off or mute.

Spin, spin, spin...

Frankly, we don't KNOW Clinton's stance on Climate Change (except we do because of all those times she's talked about it). I loved the panel calling out Kellyanne after for things she was straight up wrong about, like the climate change point.

sazzy

Meanwhile in bizarro world...

FUYyL9F.png

jKwtPNg.png

h0eWqor.png

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
When did Trump learn the word braggadocious? I almost spit my drink out because 1)That's like perfect and 2) He usually doesn't exceed two syllables during these debates.

It's obnoxious. As much as they let Kellyanne Conway a day or two ago set up the false story that the Clinton campaign was telling them the story line to use after the debate, they fell into Trump's story line of "well, he didn't look like a blubbering idiot, he couldn't have lost!"

I can't stomach to listen to Conway on the show again this morning, so I'm skipping that video.

Y2Kev

Donald used braggadocious at the debate at the Reagan library in September. In his opening statement. Look it up.

HylianTom

Banned
According to him, it was low enough that people couldn't hear him, but loud enough that people could hear him breathing.

How is that even possible?
He should learn from this experience and shout more loudly at the next debate.

We couldn't hear you, Trumpy.. that's why you lost. Yeah, yeah.. that's the ticket.

sazzy

When is the plug getting pulled on MSNBC? That network is like a failure turtle.

you're kidding right? i've been watching it for about a month or so, and its consistently had the most sane panel of regulars (not including guests...)... i mean yeah, sometimes it feels like its dragging and that they're just sitting around swatting flies, but its still palatable.

unless you're being sarcastic...

BriGuy

Maybe Trump's microphone was cursed like in one of those Goosebumps books you used to read as a kid; he said nothing but nice stuff, but the microphone warped it into something racist, poorly informed, and borderline nonsensical.

Y2Kev

you're kidding right? i've been watching it for about a month or so, and its consistently had the most sane panel of regulars (not including guests...)... i mean yeah, sometimes it feels like its dragging and that they're just sitting around swatting flies, but its still palatable.

unless you're being sarcastic...
I am talking about ratings. It routinely gets the lowest ratings. Worse than CNN which is basically just a bunch of people farting and smelling each other's farts for two hours a night.

Teggy

When did Trump learn the word braggadocious? I almost spit my drink out because 1)That's like perfect and 2) He usually doesn't exceed two syllables during these debates.

That is a word Don King has used a lot in the past so that would be my guess.

Major GarrettVerified account
‏@MajorCBS
On @foxandfriends @realDonaldTrump said he won a @CBSNews post-debate poll. We did not conduct a post-debate poll.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Searches for the phrase “registrarse para votar” — “register to vote,” in Spanish — hit an all-time high during Monday’s presidential debate, spiking to more than 100,000 searches.

What I needed to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom