• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trump recovered after the Khan stuff because his campaign staff convinced him he was going to get clobbered and tried to rein him in by having him not do anything other than teleprompter speeches.

But his handlers have lost control of him now. He's probably going to scream at a disabled child during the townhall.

Literally can't wait for him to bring up the infidelity stuff AT A TOWN HALL. Surrounded by human faces in medium focus who can and will be shocked and appalled on camera.

Like, if we thought the fallout from Debate 1 was bad. This could knock him down to 30%.

My man!

xnSMsrV.jpg

I'm down for this. Consider that Kelly is also one of the most visible women Trump targeted very early in his campaign and it went terribly for him.

Clinton can win by turning out the Obama coalition, but she can win even more by appealing to conservative women like Kelly who recognize how big of a piece of shit Trump is but aren't sold on Clinton or already actively despise her.

This would be a great bridge-building moment for Clinton.
AND it will make Trump flip out! He will go after Megyn again.

Trump is really going to attack Hillary over Monica at a Townhall:

Hillary Clinton’s campaign is preparing for the possibility that Donald J. Trump, reeling from harsh criticisms of his performance at the first presidential debate, will unleash a personal assault related to her husband’s infidelities at their next face-off in a week.

It is an attack that her campaign aides have been aware could come since 2015, when Mr. Trump’s aides raised the impeachment battle that defined Bill Clinton’s second term as president to criticize Mrs. Clinton’s character.

Now, with Mr. Trump’s advisers struggling to refocus the race away from his critiques of the appearance of Alicia Machado, the former Miss Universe winner who was invoked by Mrs. Clinton during the debate, the Republican nominee’s campaign has signaled a slashing effort going forward.

Mrs. Clinton’s team, Democrats supporting her and many senior Republicans believe that rehashing Mr. Clinton’s behavior will be self-defeating for Mr. Trump, who is facing a historic gender gap and whose first marriage ended after an affair. Mrs. Clinton has also previously tended to benefit when she is seen as a victim of personal attacks.

Still, Democrats consider such tactics inevitable, particularly since Mr. Trump is now being advised by several people connected to efforts in the late 1990s to reveal Mr. Clinton’s affair with the White House intern Monica Lewinsky and to the subsequent impeachment fight.

Mr. Trump’s debate prep sessions included discussions about using the attack as a response if Mrs. Clinton discussed the Republican nominee’s treatment of women over the years. Now, there is a debate about whether to raise it to Mrs. Clinton’s face at the next debate, according to two people briefed on the discussions, who were granted anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/01/us/politics/hillary-bill-clinton-donald-trump.html?_r=0

Hillary about to end this man's entire career.

I think that Putin is legitimately smart.

Nah.

Take the hacking of the DNC to try to help Trump. Everyone says "oh, wow, so smart, Putin getting someone who likes Russian into the white house!" but Putin is now poisoning relationships with Democrats and if he gets Trump elected, Trump will invade Iran (one of Russia's only allies).

Putin is amazing at finding chess moves that help him out two moves from now while killing him seven moves from now.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Trump recovered after the Khan stuff because his campaign staff convinced him he was going to get clobbered and tried to rein him in by having him not do anything other than teleprompter speeches.

But his handlers have lost control of him now. He's probably going to scream at a disabled child during the townhall.

It's almost like everytime he starts looking like he has a chance, he becomes overconfident and blows it by following his terrible instincts, until he once again gets so far behind that even he realizes he has to do what his advisors tell him and the cycle resets.

Nafai1123

Banned
Literally can't wait for him to bring up the infidelity stuff AT A TOWN HALL. Surrounded by human faces in medium focus who can and will be shocked and appalled on camera.

Like, if we thought the fallout from Debate 1 was bad. This could knock him down to 30%.

I don't think anything will drop him below 40%, but that's fine with me

Hopfrog

that LA Times/USC Tracking poll annoys me.

According to them, since the debate and during one of the worst periods of Trump's campaign where story after story has been about his poor debate performance, his attacks on women, the Cuba business, his own foundation's possible illegality, and numerous polls showing a significant bump for her, he has actually gained a point while she has dropped a point.

Nah. I don't buy that.

SexyFish

Banned
I think CNN just said they are going to have Trump deposition video 'any minute now'

If he pleas the 5th at all Hillary can just cut an ad of him saying people who plea are disgraceful.

"When you have your staff taking the Fifth Amendment, taking the Fifth so they are not prosecuted, when you have the man that set up the illegal server taking the Fifth, I think it is disgraceful." — Donald Trump

http://www.politico.com/blogs/2016-...n-staff-taking-the-fifth-228728#ixzz4LlQ1qzpU

jmdajr

OLD?

Gov. Abbott email reveals GOP fear of Texas turning blue

It’s the second poll showing a Clinton lead in the Lone Star State.

“Any other Republican would be winning by at least 10 points in the state of Texas, but it's Donald Trump,” said Manuel Medina, the Bexar County Democratic Party chairman who’s optimism is fed by raw data. “We have more than 1 million voters registered in Bexar County for the first time in the history of Bexar County. And you look at where they're registering at, and they're registering from places that traditionally vote democrat. It's younger people, it's Hispanic people, it's women.”

A third poll by Texas Lyceum shows Hillary Clinton within striking distance of Donald Trump, down just one point among registered voters.

sazzy

I think it's more effective to hear the man himself say it, it can be used in ads and now news networks will be running it.

The transcript was from the Trump U case.

This is from the restaurant case, where a top mexican chef pulled out of one of his new hotels after his mexican comments

I don't think it's worth just assuming the next two debates will go as well as the first. The race has been so up-and-down at this point that as much as I would love for hillary's polls to continue to skyrocket, they will probably go back down at some point. Remember how much panicking was in this thread not even a week ago?
The race is up/down but that doesn't mean Trump will do better at a debate. Nothing in his character suggests he is capable of doing better, plus he thinks he won so why change. However there are other factors that can alter the race. Hillary is going to be hit with some ugly surprises in October. The problem for Trump is that he's already sinking and more damaging info is coming on him as well.

I'm expecting Pence to fumble in the VP debate, resulting in more poor coverage. We'll likely get anti-Hillary leaks after that but it's too late.

The race is up/down but that doesn't mean Trump will do better at a debate. Nothing in his character suggests he is capable of doing better, plus he thinks he won so why change. However there are other factors that can alter the race. Hillary is going to be hit with some ugly surprises in October. The problem for Trump is that he's already sinking and more damaging info is coming on him as well.

I'm expecting Pence to fumble in the VP debate, resulting in more poor coverage. We'll likely get anti-Hillary leaks after that but it's too late.

How sure are we on that? I mean, yeah, that seems like it could happen, considering the way this election has been going, but are there specific reasons for us to believe this will probably happen?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

I still wonder about this. His public appearances have him claiming victory, but I do wonder if in private he doesn't know it was a disaster. I guess we'll know shortly if he's going to prep for the next debate more properly or not.

jtb

Banned
I still wonder about this. His public appearances have him claiming victory, but I do wonder if in private he doesn't know it was a disaster. I guess we'll know shortly if he's going to prep for the next debate more properly or not.

I agree. If he thought he won, he wouldn't have spent the last week melting down in a very visible, public way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom