• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm happy about the mic problem. It's just going to end up being used as deflection instead of dealing with the actual issue of the content of his statements and make all his surrogates look even more insane.

Let them have their conspiracy.

I'm happy about the mic problem. It's just going to end up being used as deflection instead of dealing with the actual issue of the content of his statements and make all his surrogates look even more insane.

Let them have their conspiracy.

Yup. The 'lesson' from Trump's end won't be: I sucked I need to do better; but they rigged it! I would've won if it hadn't been for you meddling moderator!

Revolver

Seemed like the debate hall heard him too with the way his supporters cheered. Not sure what the issue was.

So Jeb! thinks it would be a powerful statement if nobody votes this year. Well he certainly did a good job of getting nobody to vote for him.

Paskil

No one undecided or leaning cares about the mic. If he brings it up again, he simply sounds like a petulant child. Everyone knows he was shit.

mo60

Hillary's trap couldn't have worked better. She's in his mind 24/7. Trump sees Hillary everywhere, laughing and mocking him like Batman saw Joker.

It's like that debate managed to unhinge him and he can't spot posting really dumb tweets on twitter or saying dumb things at rallies now.

So what are dems going to do to keep the white house in 2020 when the gop runs a non-loon that looks 400x better than Trump and Hillary loses her shine?

So what are dems going to do to keep the white house in 2020 when the gop runs a non-loon that looks 400x better than Trump and Hillary loses her shine?

Demographic shifts, Hillary being popular when she's actually in office, and the GOP not being able to not run a loon.

The issues with the GOP aren't going to disappear in 4 years. Except some idiot to try and look at what Trump did and improve on it, since they know it works at least as far as winning the primary.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling

She'll have four years of competent governance out of the way, and since Trump was the winner this year, the GOP will still be having a civil war in 2020 over whether or not to nominate a 'True Conservative'.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I was going to say the only thing his mic really changed was how he leaned in for every answer like a fucking amateur, but then I think I remember him doing that at other debates too.

DOWN

Banned
95% of donors who supported GOP primary candidates besides Trump are not making donations to Trump and many are donating to Clinton now

"They gave to Trump's GOP rivals. Now 95% are sitting out the general election"
http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-gop-donors-20160930-snap-story.html
Most of Donald Trump’s Republican presidential primary rivals have come around to his candidacy, but their donors are staying away.

Nearly 95% of those who first gave to his GOP primary opponents are sitting out the general election, and of those who are still giving money, many are lining up behind Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton instead, according to a Times analysis of donations over $200.

ADVERTISEMENT
Trump has out-raised Clinton $7.4 million to $2 million among donors who supported his 16 GOP rivals. But that much support for Clinton is notable in a race where her Republican rival is struggling in the money contest.

Clinton brought in $292 million to Trump’s $82 million through the end of August. Add in loans, transfers from joint fundraising committees and super PAC money, and the gulf grows, with $530 million for Clinton and $186 million for Trump, according to Federal Election Commission records through Aug. 31, the most recent period for which figures were available.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
It's petty, but kinda more than anything, I'm looking forward to those generally awful female Trump supporters/campaign employees on CNN and elsewhere performing increasingly intense mental gymnastics to insure everyone that all of this just proves how much Trump loves women.

Syncytia

They don't have many candidates to put up now that Trump embarrassed everyone. Nikki Haley maybe.

It also depends on how the GOP shakes out after Trump. If the alt-right continues with it the influence it has now 2020 will be another disaster for them. Recovering from Trump to "normality" is going to take a long time for the GOP regardless though.

Wilsongt

They don't have many candidates to put up now that Trump embarrassed everyone. Nikki Haley maybe.

It also depends on how the GOP shakes out after Trump. If the alt-right continues with it the influence it has now 2020 will be another disaster for them. Recovering from Trump to "normality" is going to take a long time for the GOP regardless though.

No. Not Haley. Never.

Teggy

Hopefully she'll do well and be popular. Worse comes to Worst, hopefully she'll have installed 2-3 new Supreme Court justices by then.

Debirudog

It's petty, but kinda more than anything, I'm looking forward to those generally awful female Trump supporters/campaign employees on CNN and elsewhere performing increasingly intense mental gymnastics to insure everyone that all of this just proves how much Trump loves women.

At this point, I have no respect for any of these people. If they had any dignity they should quit their damn jobs now.

Can someone explain to me how it's supposed to make him look good?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/781922648645185536

"I'm losing but the only reason I'm not utterly crushed like a bad joke is because of <reasons>".

Lol, exactly. "Man, that Hillary really sucks! She's only beating me by a few points, and I'm terrible!"

Also, I hope Hillary does the Kelly interview. We need more people to break through these self-selected echo chambers. Force Fox viewers to see Clinton in her own words, not chopped up quotes and images.

Holmes

Well, just got a new job. It's not the job I wanted, that one is still going through the process, but it's a step up to what I have right now. I just sent the authorization to perform a background check and I'm starting when it's complete. Should take a week.

It'll be Lying Ted or Little Marco, either of which will give Hill a run for her money, depending on how many manufactured scandals the Republicans can crank out during her term

Neither of those candidates would even phase Hillary. Cruz is a disgusting, hated person, and Rubio is terrible at campaigning and has an awful record that is easy to exploit.

Also both can be tied to Trump, easily. Anyone who ever supported Trump has no chance.

Debirudog

I think it would be better for Hillary to actually talk to Kelly. I'm not necessarily a fan of Megyn but she definitely needs to take every opportunity even if it's shit like Fox News.

Hopfrog

Neither of those candidates would even phase Hillary. Cruz is a disgusting, hated person, and Rubio is terrible at campaigning and has an awful record that is easy to exploit.

Also both can be tied to Trump, easily.

If it is Ted, his you made fun of my wife and dad so fuck you, vote your conscience, oh wait, now I thought about it and my conscience tells me to vote for Donald song-and-dance will get plenty of play I would think.

I think it would be better for Hillary to actually talk to Kelly. I'm not necessarily a fan of Megyn but she definitely needs to take every opportunity even if it's shit like Fox News.

Maybe it could also prepare her for what to expect from Chris Wallace at the third debate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom