• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Hillary needs to talk to Megyn Kelly. Why would she ever adopt a risk strategy when literally her entire campaign for the next month can run on Trump stepping on his own dick.

DOWN

Banned
I agree Trump legit is the perfect candidate for a first woman president to beat though. Not simply because he's making it easier, but just because it would be defeating America's new biggest symbol of sexism and hatred.

KyroLen

Neo Member
Why does Trump and his surrogates keep attacking that former miss universe?

Isn't this the same as victim blaming a rape victim for their sordid past to excuse the actual rape?

NeoXChaos

Debate 3 like Debate 1 Khan meltdown.

pDOQ6.png

sazzy

there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that Hillary needs to talk to Megyn Kelly. Why would she ever adopt a risk strategy when literally her entire campaign for the next month can run on Trump stepping on his own dick.

I think it could be helpful if they agree on a policy-only/no-trump-talk interview

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
I just want to remind everyone this was the map I made in June

Same as this one but with Clinton winning ME-2 and NE-2.

OD'ing on hopium does not count as a projection strategy. :p

Also, we know that the polls are going to overreact to what happened; see Khans. He would need to step into it a third time (and swing the UDs / Johnson voters) right before the election in order to actually have this sustain itself. I'll reiterate this exact thing happened right after the DNC, led to giant leads, everyone OD'ing on hopium, and then as polls regressed to the norm, mass panic ensuring again. :p

Holmes

Isn't this the same as victim blaming a rape victim for their sordid past to excuse the actual rape?
The campaign knows it hurts them. Not as much as the Khan story, but it's very bad for women (especially those 35 yo+) and latinos, which, while Trump is already doing so badly with them, could drive turnout up among those demographics even more. So attacking and delegitimizing her seems to be their only option instead of just admitting that Trump really did to Alicia Machado what was captured on video. She loses her victim status if they muddy the waters with her. Similar to their 30 year long strategy against Hillary herself.

Trump recovered after the Khan stuff because his campaign staff convinced him he was going to get clobbered and tried to rein him in by having him not do anything other than teleprompter speeches.

But his handlers have lost control of him now. He's probably going to scream at a disabled child during the townhall.

Think of the type of person it takes to be a Trump surrogate. They are all people like him and since their political careers are in the toilet, they have no need to censor their thoughts like a usual political strategist, especially because it's exactly what Trump wants them to do. He is now and forever their boss because they will never be able to shake his stink.

And the beauty of it is that they'd all beg to sleep with her, back then, + or - 60 lbs, or right now.

No.

Trying to avoid media is what she did in August when Trump was stepping on his dick, and then he came back. This is the winning sprint now.

BiggNife

I don't think it's worth just assuming the next two debates will go as well as the first. The race has been so up-and-down at this point that as much as I would love for hillary's polls to continue to skyrocket, they will probably go back down at some point. Remember how much panicking was in this thread not even a week ago?

Also, we know that the polls are going to overreact to what happened; see Khans. He would need to step into it a third time (and swing the UDs / Johnson voters) right before the election in order to actually have this sustain itself. I'll reiterate this exact thing happened right after the DNC, led to giant leads, everyone OD'ing on hopium, and then as polls regressed to the norm, mass panic ensuring again. :p
I feel Obama 12 + NC + AZ is quite tame compared to some of the fantasies (my own included) people have been throwing out there after particularly big bumps, but I digress :p

Teggy

If Hillary wins the election we will all need to take some time to heal as a nation.

We need to arrange Hands Across America 2016.

Hopfrog

Do the interview. It would contrast well with Trump by showing that Hillary is willing to face a hostile audience while Trump is hiding and talking to no one but Hannity and Fox and Friends.

Hazmat

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. If love to see a 350+ EV win for Clinton, but I don't think it's likely unless Trump completely implodes right before the election. Both candidates have good and bad weeks, but it seems to always vary around and return to the same average of a 4ish-point 320ish EV win. Accepting that likely outcome makes life more stable.

Grief.exe

I know this is not a big surprise, but one thing this election makes incredibly apparent is just how far Republican politicians and supporters will go to prop up these garbage social and financial policies.

Holmes

Sanders will be in Davenport, Iowa City and Des Moines Monday. With Hillary there yesterday (start of early voting), they haven't given up on it.

Hopfrog

I don't think it's worth just assuming the next two debates will go as well as the first. The race has been so up-and-down at this point that as much as I would love for hillary's polls to continue to skyrocket, they will probably go back down at some point. Remember how much panicking was in this thread not even a week ago?

Unless Trump suddenly grows a conscience and channels Stephen Douglas I doubt he improves on his performance.

KyroLen

Neo Member
So when's this video of the deposition coming out today?

And is there really a transcript already, or is this brand new stuff?

I don't see what the risk is with Hildawg doing some 1:1 interviews. If anything, it gives her extra airtime to be Presidential and serious while Trump coverage no longer includes his rallies and is primarily archival footage of him being an ass.

Do Kelly and Cooper and Maddow.

At the least, she could do Real Time; I imagine right about now Bill would be giving her a foot massage of an interview.

Holmes

Another difference between the Khan and Machado controversies is that the former was new territory for Trump. Sure, he previously attacked POWs and vets before, so while not a stretch, it was his first time attacking a gold star family. We know he has a past of attacking and insulting women, so the Machado affair instead was more of an affirmation of that, to put it back into people's minds and make it fresh again. At a time where women, especially suburban and college educated ones that Republicans need to win, hate his guts and saw how unacceptable he is at the debate a few days ago, it's not a good time for this to be in the news for him. Especially since he's doubling (tripling, quadrupling...) down by attacking her and making sex tape allegations.

Slizeezyc

Shhhhhh, I need more bedwetting in my reading life, don't remind them of the timeline.

Trump having to say he wasn't interested in a 12 year old....dear lord

I thought earlier this year Trump accused Bill being a pedophile or something. And we all know that Trump loves to project. So Trump having to promise his then 17 year old daughter he wouldn't date anyone younger than her and the creepy comment about 12 year old Paris Hilton...
Yea, I don't want to out right say he's a pedophile. But that's reaaaally WTF.

The polls were already moving back (regressing to the mean really) in Hillary's favor before the debates, the dead-heat narrative was always silly, and not all of the leads in current polls are a result of a debate bump. Complaining about hopium is another form of bedwetting.

tuffy

Before the first debate, it was widely predicted that his lack of knowledge, preparation and debate experience would lead to a meltdown of some kind, and it did.

In the second debate, he'll be fielding questions from random people in the audience that aren't in his usual campaign rally bubble. We've seen how he handles perceived slights from people he feels are "beneath" him, like hecklers, the Khans and now Alicia Machado. So there's every reason to think that he's not going to take it well at all if he gets a question deemed unfair or outside of his comfort zone. On top of his usual lack of preparation and experience, I'm not expecting him to do any better the second time around.

kadotsu

Banned
The polls were already moving back (regressing to the mean really) in Hillary's favor before the debates, the dead-heat narrative was always silly, and not all of the leads in current polls are a result of a debate bump.

You'll see the comeback narrative start any day now as we move closer to the second debate.

I thought earlier this year Trump accused Bill being a pedophile or something. And we all know that Trump loves to project. So Trump having to promise his then 17 year old daughter he wouldn't date anyone younger than her and the creepy comment about 12 year old Paris Hilton...
Yea, I don't want to out right say he's a pedophile. But that's reaaaally WTF.

I feel like in 20 years there are going to be some dark things that come out about this creep.

Ted Cruz is good at tactics and horrible at strategy and is overall that dumb person who everyone thinks is smart because they look smart in the moment.

This is something Cruz shares in common with Putin.

Agreed. I hope Hillary continues her diligent debate prep and not have her foot let go of Trump's neck.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Hillary should definitely go for interview with Kelly. Fox is pretty well the only place Trump is comfortable, and she be parking right on his lawn. Hillary can deal with it easily, and I suspect Megyn will be a relatively sympathetic interviewer with everything that is going on right now.

In other news, I dreamt about Gary Johnson last night - wondering what would happen if Matthews had pulled the "Who's on first?" gag during that interview.

MATTHEWS: So you can't name any world leaders straight off? Let's try an easy one. Who is the President of China?

JOHNSON: Who is the President of China?

MATTHEWS: No.

JOHNSON: Isn't that what you are after, who is the President of China?

MATTHEWS: No. Hu isn't the President of China.

JOHNSON: I guess nearly everybody isn't the President of China, but who is?

MATTHEWS: No. Xi is.

JOHNSON: She is the President of China? Who is "she"?

MATTHEWS: No. Two completely different people. Surely you know who Xi is?

JOHNSON: You mean Hillary Clinton is the PRESIDENT OF GODDAM CHINA?

MATTHEWS: Xi is.

JOHNSON: Wow, when did that happen? (sticks tongue out and bites down)

Do the interview. It would contrast well with Trump by showing that Hillary is willing to face a hostile audience while Trump is hiding and talking to no one but Hannity and Fox and Friends.
I'm down for this. Consider that Kelly is also one of the most visible women Trump targeted very early in his campaign and it went terribly for him.

Clinton can win by turning out the Obama coalition, but she can win even more by appealing to conservative women like Kelly who recognize how big of a piece of shit Trump is but aren't sold on Clinton or already actively despise her.

This would be a great bridge-building moment for Clinton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom