• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

The simplest message is always best, even if it leaves out some details:

"Donald Trump hasn't paid income tax for the past ~20 years"

Why? "Because he squandered a massive amount of money due to his being an awful businessman."

Which makes him a good business man.

I want to get off this ride.

Iolo

Also, which argument is better/easier for the average person to understand?

'Donald lost $1billion, and could have, maybe, no one knows, not paid taxes for 18 years if his annual income was less than $50million.'

vs

'Donald lost $1billion, and did not pay any federal income tax on the next $1billion he earned in income.'

Donald lost $1 billion during the Clinton boom, what a terrible businessman.

* Everyone must've noticed that Hillary refused to call him Trump even once during the debate. When they met, everyone heard her say 'how are you Donald?' quite clearly.

The Clinton camp knows that his ego derives nourishment from the name Trump. Trump is a unique and powerful name. Donald is .. meh.

Use his first name.
I noticed this right away. Since he hasn't held elected office there was no 'Secretary' or 'Governor' she would have been obligated to say.

And I bet the only other person on the planet that calls him Donald is his wife, to everyone else he is either Mr. Trump or Dad. That Trump name is where he derives all his power and she just snatched it away.

danm999

Will Donald* be able to answer questions like these in the town hall debate?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g9kMTOj8B9g&time_continue=1

* Everyone must've noticed that Hillary refused to call him Trump even once during the debate. When they met, everyone heard her say 'how are you Donald?' quite clearly.

The Clinton camp knows that his ego derives nourishment from the name Trump. Trump is a unique and powerful name. Donald is .. meh.

Use his first name.

God he's like Voldemort in more ways than I thought possible.

thcsquad

Will Donald* be able to answer questions like these in the town hall debate?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g9kMTOj8B9g&time_continue=1

Use his first name.

He's like a bad videogame boss, which looks formidable but has one main weakness which is easily exploited once found out.

Paskil

Grady Booch ‏@Grady_Booch 4h4 hours ago

From the wonderful mind of David Sedaris.
CtzDfYYUsAAbWyO.jpg

Love love love David Sedaris. Go see him live if you ever have the opportunity.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
My experience has been that when people advertise something like this, it never lives up to the hype.

Grief.exe

My experience has been that when people advertise something like this, it never lives up to the hype.

Well so far the leaks have had a negligible impact.

Somehow some people who didn't like Bernie at DNC was supposed to link back to Hillary, and Hillary being emphatic to Millennial economic realities is somehow supposed to be her hating Millennials.

Zukkoyaki

Well so far the leaks have had a negligible impact.

Somehow some people who didn't like Bernie at DNC was supposed to link back to Hillary, and Hillary being emphatic to Millennial economic realities is somehow supposed to be her hating Millennials.
Yeah, they've been crying wolf for months now

Dierce

How about a twist and Assange ends up releasing a bunch of shit on Trump.

There is absolutely no way they would do that even if they had video evidence of him murdering a person. Their primary objective is to destabilize the U.S. and undermine U.S. influence around the globe to benefit Putin's ambition of Russia filling the void.

AniHawk

thing is at this point, trump is losing every single day. with early voting, even if things tighten to 1-2 points, or a tie and 1-2 points, hillary will still have her baked-in lead that makes things even harder for him. the race would have to swing dramatically after wednesday for it to have a profound impact on the election. and then there are still two debates left to remind everyone of the choices they really have.

sazzy

exactly.

clinton camp didn't say 'we're going to hit donald with a real zinger about his past about women during the debate!'

nytimes didn't say 'we have 3 pages of donald's tax returns and will publish them in a week!'

Zukkoyaki

We're the DNC emails announced before?

I think they just dropped suddenly.
Yeah they were. WikiLeaks was hyping material related to the Clinton campaign since at least June, but I suppose they never gave a date. They claimed they had material that would indict her... We all know how that turned out.

Isn't anything he says tainted anyway due to his Russian connections.

I'm a little inclined to think so. Most people that aren't in the deplorables camp just roll their eyes at WikiLeaks now.

shem935

Banned
We're the DNC emails announced before?

I think they just dropped suddenly.

That specific leak dropped out of nowhere. They then proceeded to say they had releases that were supposed to get worse after each day. Then they released 1 more thing during the week that was a nothingburger.

It's entirely possible Assange has proof of Hillary's salacious affair with Huma but basically at this point I refuse to give a damn until he produces receipts. That he is talking about them in advance makes me give even less of a damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom