• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emarv

Robert Costa scoop. Christie is advising Trump on the Town Hall debate. Says Reince is there, too, but no Ailes.

Giuliani described the conversations over salad and sandwiches as intense but informal. He said Trump sat with Christie, Priebus and his “usual group” but did not hold a mock town-hall debate.

“That’s the way he likes to do it. That’s the way he’s most comfortable preparing,” Giuliani said of the circle of friends and staff members.

Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway, campaign chief executive Stephen K. Bannon, policy adviser Stephen Miller and Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, were also present, Giuliani said.

Conway and Bannon were behind arranging Sunday’s smaller than usual gathering with the hope of keeping the talks free of distractions and interruptions.

Giuliani said that Roger Ailes — the controversial former Fox News Channel executive who has faced allegations of sexual harassment and who has participated in past debate prep meetings — was not at Bedminster.

“Roger wasn’t a part of it,” Giuliani said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-on-town-hall-tactics-ahead-of-second-debate/

kevin1025

Banned
Chris Christie helped Trump with town hall prep today, according to Giuliani. Bannon and Conway and the son-in-law were also there. Reince Priebus was also present. No mock debate was done.

All according to the Washington Post.

He's scared.

Edit: I got scooped!

Diablos

Chris Christie helped Trump with town hall prep today, according to Giuliani. Bannon and Conway and the son-in-law were also there. Reince Priebus was also present. No mock debate was done.

All according to the Washington Post.

He's scared.

Edit: I got scooped!
Wow...

Emarv

Seriously, this just shows that they cannot force Trump to change. He won't prep for this debate all that different from last time. He has zero discipline and will come off just as abrasive and awkward as anyone might doing a town hall for the first time.

I think people forget just how awkward and unnatural Trump's body language is. Mix that with the fact that he never regularly interacts with "Normals" and I don't see how he connects with those question askers.

Zb6avYI.gif

You've got to prep with not one mock debate but several!

Specially with a candidate like Clinton, which will be able to get under Trumps' thin skin so easy. But no, let's go to subway and talk shop. He will lose, and lose badly

Giuliani described the conversations over salad and sandwiches as intense but informal. He said Trump sat with Christie, Priebus and his “usual group” but did not hold a mock town-hall debate.
always over lunch or dinner

kevin1025

Banned
That is the last fucking person I would take Town Hall advice from. It's the same guy that has literally screamed at people to "shut the fuck up" during Town Halls in New Jersey lol.

"That’s the way he’s most comfortable preparing,” Giuliani said.

Perfect. Trump did the same thing last time at a golf course, and didn't he end up shoveling hot dogs into his mouth the whole time? It sounds fairly similar, just it's Christie rather than Ailes. He has convinced himself it was the mic, so I don't see him changing much.

It'll be fine!

johnsmith

remember me
Yeah, the townhall is going to be a disaster for Trump again. Interacting with the crowd I can see him trying to correct a questioner like during the Matt Lauer one, or maybe an audible gasp from the crowd when he attacks her on Bill's infidelities. He also has no experience with getting off a stool and walking around, all he knows how to do is stand behind a lectern. I could see him staying seated on his stool the whole time because he doesn't realize you're supposed to stand up.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Chris Christie? What the fuck? Ivanka should be running this shit. Or basically anyone who isn't a despised shitlord.

Again town hall style debate is the hardest on the technical part to prep for. He was to balance how to interact with the audience in the round, cameras, Hillary, resting, moderators...All while staying on message.

I give it the usual 20 minutes before shit goes sideways for him.

teiresias

Frankly, political action against Trump should not end after the election. There should be groups dedicated to shaming anyone doing deals with him or entering into any business transaction with him in order to make it clear dealing with him will not be tolerated by the public. There should be groups dedicated to exposing his many shady dealings with powerful Russian interests, and the aim should be to bring down his entire enterprise.

kevin1025

Banned
Yeah, the townhall is going to be a disaster for Trump again. Interacting with the crowd I can see him trying to correct a questioner like during the Matt Lauer one, or maybe an audible gasp from the crowd when he attacks her on Bill's infedelities. He also has no experience with getting off a stool and walking around, all he knows how to do is stand behind a lectern. I could see him staying seated on his stool the whole time because he doesn't realize you're supposed to stand up.

He totally gets out from behind a lectern! He slowly walks around and claps, and sometimes points!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Come on BronBron. Ohio goes D and I'll...ugh...not laugh as I fly over Ohio next time on my way to a state with commerce.

Also by the time of an actual debate, you should have gotten every conceivable question in debate prep that you think you could get.

Does anyone think Hillary not taking a couple of days off last week to prep was a good idea? What was better, having the extra rally or not looking like an idiot in front of 90 million people?

Emarv

Yeah, the townhall is going to be a disaster for Trump again. Interacting with the crowd I can see him trying to correct a questioner like during the Matt Lauer one, or maybe an audible gasp from the crowd when he attacks her on Bill's infidelities. He also has no experience with getting off a stool and walking around, all he knows how to do is stand behind a lectern. I could see him staying seated on his stool the whole time because he doesn't realize you're supposed to stand up.

For real. Dude is gonna be the most robotic *Stand up - walk towards audience - sit back down*.

And that's BEST CASE SCENARIO. More likely is that he's just awkward or gets too close to Clinton's space or spends the whole time looking to Anderson instead of the audience.

kess

Im amused at the idea of Reince flying halfway across the country to talk shop about the debate over Trump's lunchtime.

HylianTom

Banned
I can't wait for him to diss a questioner. He'll either ignore a question, dispute the premise, make a funny face when he hears the query, answer wholly inappropriately, or blatantly bullshit when he doesn't know anything about the topic.

Boke1879

Looks like Trump's mic really was bad, but only affected people in the auditorium.

Someone there said it was only bothersome at the very beginning and they fixed it quickly. They also said Trump got louder himself so they heard everything he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom