• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still reading through that interview with Obama. God, I am going to miss this man so much. I hope history remembers Obama for the towering figure he was at times. Got to this line and I remembered exactly what I loved about him;

Remember, my first so-called gaffe as a presidential candidate was saying I would meet with the Castros or anybody else if I thought it served American interests, and I was roundly condemned as being naïve. I still remember right after that debate, as the critiques were coming in, getting on a conference call with my entire communications team and saying, “Do not budge. I meant what I said. If you guys need guidance on why I said what I said, I’m happy to provide it to you. But this was not a gaffe. I meant it.”

...Obama-sensai...

Not really. Here’s been a general rule of my presidency: I think normal human responses, basic courtesy, is not checked at the door when you become president.

DON'T LEAVE ME!@?$>

I’ve said to my staff and I’ve said to my joint chiefs, I’ve said in the Situation Room: I don’t ever want to get to the point where we’re that comfortable with killing. It’s not why I wanted to be president, to kill people. I want to educate kids and give people health care and help feed the hungry and alleviate poverty.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/201...prentice-contestants-ap-investigation-n658411

In his years as a reality TV boss on "The Apprentice," Donald Trump repeatedly demeaned women with sexist language, according to show insiders who said he rated female contestants by the size of their breasts and talked about which ones he'd like to have sex with.

Eight former crew members recalled that he repeatedly made lewd comments about a camerawoman he said had a nice rear, comparing her beauty to that of his daughter, Ivanka.

During one season, Trump called for female contestants to wear shorter dresses that also showed more cleavage, according to contestant Gene Folkes. Several cast members said Trump had one female contestant twirl before him so he could ogle her figure.

"We were in the boardroom one time figuring out who to blame for the task, and he just stopped in the middle and pointed to someone and said, 'You'd f*** her, wouldn't you? I'd f*** her. C'mon, wouldn't you?'"

The person continued: "Everyone is trying to make him stop talking, and the woman is shrinking in her seat."

But on the set, usually inside Trump Tower, the former cast and crew members say, the businessman's treatment of women was sometimes far from professional.

Walker, who said she was the only high-level female producer during the first season, said Trump turned to her during a break outside of the control room to ask who he should fire. Walker demurred, she said, but noted that team members had told her one contestant had caused her team to lose their business task. Trump raised his hands and cupped them to his chest to ask whether it was a contestant with large breasts, she said.

"He said, 'You mean the one with the' — and he puts his hands out in a gesture to signal the girl with the giant boobs. He didn't even know her name," Walker said, adding that the contestant, Kristi Frank, was fired at the end of the episode.

October is a hell of a month.

I think, if Hillary wins all the states we are currently up in, we have 322 EVs.

I would be happy with that win. Obviously I would also be happy with 270, but 322 will let me know we haven't legitimized an ideology ever more than we already have.

Edit: Changed 308 to 322.

rSpooky

You know... was everybody just waiting for the debate first and see how he would do? And now they saw .."nope..not gonna happen" they decide to dump all this stuff? Why all the false equivalency before the debate at all if they knew all this stuff? I am sure they had been sitting on it while they (media) had their horse race narrative going on.

You know... was everybody just waiting for the debate first and see how he would do? And now they saw .."nope..not gonna happen" they decide to dump all this stuff? Why all the false equivalency before the debate at all if they knew all this stuff? I am sure they had been sitting on it while they (media) had their horse race narrative going on.

I'm sure others will also tell you the media has a vested interest in a close race. It drives viewership and subscriptions. We are now close enough to Election Day that the horse is about to die, so they're going hard with all the saved-up sensationalism.

Random17

340+ would be crushing, though. Any margin bigger than Obama's 336 would send a clear message.

340+ would be crushing, though. Any margin bigger than Obama's 336 would send a clear message.

I'm not sure I see it happening. I'm not even that confident in 308.

Edit: I think we can at least take Iowa off the table (for now). How does Wisconsin look?

Double Edit: I think actually we're actually looking at 322, not 308. I was doing it on my phone and left some gray states.

Vestal

Amazing how 17 republicans failed at Opposition research on Trump...

JFC October Surprise will be a daily thing all month.

Why? Are you worried because they compared the demographics of the state to IA just now on MSNBC?

No, I just haven't really been paying attention to it. It's been gray on the 270towin map for a while and I don't remember how it's been polling.

http://www.270towin.com/maps/oBRLy
Assuming Ohio and Nevada fall for Hillary, which current polling does not suggest.

I think we were up four in Nevada, right? We're pretty good there. Edit: Oh, maybe it was tied?

We'll see the Ohio poll this week, but I think it's probably going to be really close.

The Great Leaking has begun:

pFGTUz9.png

sazzy

*kellyanne Conway hammering on Wikileaks button*

Quoting myself from earlier:

I just realized why all these deranged theories are coming up all over the place all of a sudden from Roger Stone, Wikileaks, Donald's pepes, etc.

I watched this YouTube clip the other day going on and on about how the Jewish year 5777 is supposed to be some sort of a be-all-end-all deal, when some prophecies are supposed to come true, and, in a nutshell, lead a to a Donald Presidency.

The new Jewish year starts on 3rd October.

I swear, conspiracy theories about the world ending in 2012 made a lot more sense than this.

This is all a result of the 4chan/reddit/alt right media echo chamber. Which is to say, its bullshit.

And this is the YouTube video I was talking about:

Did you know that ancient prophecies have predicted that Trump is going to win in a landslide?

Well this fine gentleman certainly does!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzuxTEq-plE

I'm bored and I'm gonna watch the whole damn thing... all 61 minutes of it lol

Oh come on. Haven't we all considered a drone strike against Julian Assange? Haven't we all ordered a live grenade on Amazon and requested same-day drone delivery to the balcony of the Ecuadorian embassy? Haven't we all?

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Wikileaks publishes fanfic now? Cos I've got this Supernatural X My Little Pony story that the people deserve to see.

Better be careful. I just quoted what someone else wrote and ended up with this tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom