• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
From the Washington Post's @PhillipRucker:
Those hoping Trump will keep attacking Hillary over Bill's women may be disappointed. Sources say NYT intv & PA rally were warning shots /1
2/ Trump wanted to signal what he was capable of, but is _planning_ to focus on other issues this week and won’t keep it up unless provoked.

Drats.

Hillary's going to provoke him.. by showing-up to the next debate.

Boke1879

From the Washington Post's @PhillipRucker:

Drats.

Hillary's going to provoke him.. by showing-up to the next debate.

It's fine because he was stupid as hell for even doing that. That shit doesn't help him. He only did it thinking he was going to get a response from Hillary. She's ready for him to do it and he'll do it clearly if he's back into a corner.

Story doesn't ring true, they would be eating cheeseburgers not salad and sandwiches.

A Cheeseburger is technically a sandwich and Potato Salad counts as salad.

Chris Christie? What the fuck? Ivanka should be running this shit. Or basically anyone who isn't a despised shitlord.

Ivanka gets rolled by a Cosmo interviewer. I don't think this is really her field. Christie has the reputation of being one of the better debaters in the GOP.

Looks like Trump's mic really was bad, but only affected people in the auditorium.

That's not a mic problem, that's an auditorium speaker problem. The best thing about Trump's mic excuse is that in his version of events, he is a wimpy beta loser who is afraid to stand up for himself.

My dream is that during the town hall he freaks out on someone. Doesn't even have to be big, but that someone asks him, like "Why did you call women pigs?" and he just responds with "You're wrong." And then Hillary goes over to her, tells her she's not wrong, and that sexism is bad and it was a great question.

And I'll live.

Boke1879

A Cheeseburger is technically a sandwich and Potato Salad counts as salad.

Ivanka gets rolled by a Cosmo interviewer. I don't think this is really her field. Christie has the reputation of being one of the better debaters in the GOP.

Don't care what reputation Christie has. Donald isn't him. This is a townhall style debate where he is going to have to answer questions.

Donald had the chance to make an impression during the first debate with record viewership. He blew it. Of course people will watch this 2nd one but imo he will still lose because this is Hillary's arena.

And during the last debate. Foreign Policy. I can't even imagine he'll knw what he's talking about. If anything he'll repeat the same shit he's always said.

Emarv

My dream is that during the town hall he freaks out on someone. Doesn't even have to be big, but that someone asks him, like "Why did you call women pigs?" and he just responds with "You're wrong." And then Hillary goes over to her, tells her she's not wrong, and that sexism is bad and it was a great question.

And I'll live.

fuuuuuu. i need this!

This is what Lebron and Hillary should do tomorrow.

534cd162d1d71.image_-e1397568508940.jpg

Cyanity

Banned
I'm curious what the viewership will be like for the second and third debates.
The first Obama/Romney debate in 2012 drew ~70million views, and the
third only dropped off 10 million from that, at around 59-60million.
It looks like all three debates this year will smash that.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I'm curious what the viewership will be like for the second and third debates.
The first Obama/Romney debate in 2012 drew ~70million views, and the
third only dropped off 10 million from that, at around 59-60million. It looks like all three debates this year will smash that.

The question is if the first one drew the full extent of the possible "Morbid Curiosity" viewers. I'd suspect it did, as so the 2nd and 3rd will drop in similar proportion.

Don't care what reputation Christie has. Donald isn't him. This is a townhall style debate where he is going to have to answer questions.

Donald had the chance to make an impression during the first debate with record viewership. He blew it. Of course people will watch this 2nd one but imo he will still lose because this is Hillary's arena.

And during the last debate. Foreign Policy. I can't even imagine he'll knw what he's talking about. If anything he'll repeat the same shit he's always said.

Oh, it's not going to work. You can't teach a 70 year old man to completely change his demeanor and learn a lifetime's worth of facts over brunch, no matter who the teacher is.

My point was just that Christie makes far more sense than Ivanka. Ivanka has this mystique of competence about her, but I really haven't seen much evidence of it.

That fundraiser tape that Trump's campaign was hoping would be Clinton's "47%" seems to be backfiring as people actually look at the context. A lot of Bernie supporters are finally starting to think that--because of what she said there--that Clinton might actually understand and give a shit about their problems.

That fundraiser tape that Trump's campaign was hoping would be Clinton's "47%" seems to be backfiring as people actually look at the context. A lot of Bernie supporters are finally starting to think that--because of what she said there--that Clinton might actually understand and give a shit about their problems.

The backfire is delicious

Teggy

Now how is this possible, Hillary fundraising email?

Our team in California had to cancel bus trips for volunteer canvassers into Nevada in the month of October -- because we just didn't have the budget to pay for it.

Ha, really?

The backfire is delicious

It's been wonderful to see cooler heads prevail on /r/politics since the debate last week (compared to the pre-debate intellectual wasteland it was before at least). Even when that story broke the Alt Right were out in full force decrying Hillary, and over the last 12-18 hours it has completely shifted and their voices are being drowned out by supposed Bernie supporters who are seeing her in a new light.

Ha, really?

Basing it off what I've seen on Reddit and FB. I think some Pro-Bernie groups are spinning it as proof that Hillary understands their issues, and the Bernie crowd is actually eating it up.

Cyanity

Banned
Ripped straight from reddit:

Donald Trump and Ivana's divorce papers claim he was 'cruel and inhuman'

After a painful scalp reduction surgery to remove a bald spot, Donald Trump confronted his then-wife, who had previously used the same plastic surgeon.
“Your fucking doctor has ruined me!” Trump cried.
What followed was a “violent assault,” according to Lost Tycoon. Donald held back Ivana’s arms and began to pull out fistfuls of hair from her scalp,
as if to mirror the pain he felt from his own operation. He tore off her clothes and unzipped his pants. “Then he jams his penis inside her for the first time in
more than sixteen months. Ivana is terrified… It is a violent assault,” Hurt writes. “According to versions she repeats to some of her closest confidantes, ‘he raped me.’”

Following the incident, Ivana ran upstairs, hid behind a locked door, and remained there “crying for the rest of night.” When she returned to the master bedroom
in the morning, he was there. “As she looks in horror at the ripped-out hair scattered all over the bed, he glares at her and asks with menacing casualness: ‘Does it hurt?’” Hurt writes.

kess

Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as a private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”
“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

WTF

She should not be legally bound to consent to violence and a man's sexual whims as if she were his fucking slave, and it's quite telling that this is their defense!

Cyanity

Banned
Michael Cohen, special counsel at The Trump Organization, defended his boss, saying, “You’re talking about the frontrunner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as a private individual who never raped anybody. And, of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse.”
“It is true,” Cohen added. “You cannot rape your spouse. And there’s very clear case law.”

Statements like this are almost as bad as the rape itself. It's infuriating.

Bowdz

I think the main reason that deposition never caught on is Ivanka retracted it at some point.

This.

This is all old news. It's fucking depressing that this didn't end his campaign then and there when it was reported on last year.

sazzy

Will Donald* be able to answer questions like these in the town hall debate?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g9kMTOj8B9g&time_continue=1

* Everyone must've noticed that Hillary refused to call him Trump even once during the debate. When they met, everyone heard her say 'how are you Donald?' quite clearly.

The Clinton camp knows that his ego derives nourishment from the name Trump. Trump is a unique and powerful name. Donald is .. meh.

Use his first name.

* Everyone must've noticed that Hillary refused to call him Trump even once during the debate. When they met, everyone heard her say 'how are you Donald?' quite clearly.

The Clinton camp knows that his ego derives nourishment from the name Trump. Trump is a unique and powerful name. Donald is .. meh.

Use his first name.

Trump would have gotten lost in this question, completely. He'd have no chance to answer it.

HANG ON, my Rochester was mentioned by Hillary. Unless it was Rochester Michigan or some other dumb state that isn't New York.

sazzy

Also, which argument is better/easier for the average person to understand?

'Donald lost $1billion, and could have, maybe, no one knows, not paid taxes for 18 years if his annual income was less than $50million.'

vs

'Donald lost $1billion, and did not pay any federal income tax on the next $1billion he earned in income.'

shem935

Banned

Use his first name.

Remarkable how consistent she is. Bill was asked on her podcast a couple weeks ago and was asked about what keeps him and hillary positive in such a cynical political climate. He gave the same answer of practicing gratitude in everyday life. Interesting, thanks for the clip.

Cyanity

Banned
Also, which argument is better/easier for the average person to understand?

'Donald lost $1billion, and could have, maybe, no one knows, not paid taxes for 18 years if his annual income was less than $50million.'

vs

'Donald lost $1billion, and did not pay any federal income tax on the next $1billion he earned in income.'

The simplest message is always best, even if it leaves out some details:

"Donald Trump hasn't paid income tax for the past ~20 years"

Why? "Because he squandered a massive amount of money due to his being an awful businessman."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom