• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boke1879

Here's Hillary speech today for those who missed it.

And yeah, this, all the way to November. She was even better than in her convention speech. And this is also the way to go in the debates. Answer to Trump's attack, if they come, but stick to her message, stick to "Love Trumps Hate", stick to "Stronger Together" and love and kindness, he mantra since she was young.

I agree. Be more visible. Attack Trump when it counts, but talk about your policy and show the contrast between both visions of America.

Michael Grunwald
@MikeGrunwald
Another recent GOP switcher who liked the lack of Trump attacks. "It was great to hear a positive, serious message."

https://twitter.com/MikeGrunwald/status/778685983931760640

thebloo

Also the books

51d1qgc0F7L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

#NotAllBooks

Nafai1123

Banned
Nationalist stans need to watch Obamas UN speech from yesterday. I thought he really nailed the issue.

Edit: Why would Jews support an alt-right candidate? They are anti-Semitic shit-turds.

thebloo

DONALD J. TRUMP: Well as you know, I am a tremendous believer in the police and the law enforcement, because we need that for ourselves, we do, we really do. And I have gotten the endorsement of so many different police groups. And they are great people, they are great people.

Now, great people, you always have problems. Somebody in there that either makes a mistake, that is bad, or that chokes.

I must tell you, I watched the shooting in particular in Tulsa, and that man was hands up, that man went to the car, hands up, put his hand on the car. To me it looked like he did everything you're supposed to do.

And he looked like a really good man -- maybe I'm a little clouded because I saw his family talking about him after the fact, so you get a little bit different image maybe. But to me it looked like someone who was doing what they were asking him to do.

And this young officer, I don't know what she was thinking. I don't know what she was thinking. But I'm very, very troubled by that. I'm very, very troubled by that. And we have to be very careful.

So, these things are terrible. In my opinion, that was a terrible situation. And we've seen others. And the police are aware of that too. By the way, the police are troubled by that too, the police see it too.

Was she scared? Was she choking? What happened? But maybe people like that, people that choke, people that do that, maybe they can't be doing what they're doing. They can't be doing what they're doing.

So we all respect our police greatly, and they will just have to get better and better and better.

There's so much whistling in this answer.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'm sentimental. I recognize the utility of early voting but I like being a part of the ritual of going to the voting booth on election day.

Same here. There's something very satisfying about going there, waiting in line and getting that little sticker.

sphagnum

Banned
Do NJers really take up a significant part of Duke's student body? I'm a Jerseyan myself and I've never heard this, though I do know a few friends who are obsessed with Duke.

Personally I went to TCNJ so I'm kind of out of touch with colleges outside the state.

This makes the third TCNJ alum I know of on NeoGAF. We're an elite club.

Holmes

Serious dumb-person question, how do they do early in-person voting?

Voting on Election Day is always held in school gyms and stuff here.
Same way as during election day. Polling stations are open with staff. Most states have less polling stations open and reduced hours during early voting though, depending on how friendly (or not) the state's government is to voting.

So like upshot, monmouth et al. except with less accuracy?

Seriously, I hardly know anything about american polling companies, so the more info the better.

No it just collects polls, it doesn't conduct or order polls. It aggregates and does a simple average. But every media outlet quotes them for whatever reason.

Upshot, 538, Princeton election consortium, predictwise, etc. have models based on a number of factors, not just polls.

Monmouth is a university that conducts polls, like Marist, Marquette, etc.

Different things.

Oh boy

@Redistrict
If there's a pro-Trump new voter surge, I'm not seeing it in NC. Since 6/14/15, net reg up 6.8% in Obama counties, 5.2% in Romney counties.

‏
@Redistrict
Since Trump's launch 6/14/15, whites have accounted for only 59.6% of NC's net new registrants (they're a 69.9% share of all registrants).

Emarv

Yeah, Texas is too important long term.

I wonder how long it takes the media to take the chance at purple Texas in 2020 as a real possibility.

Azzanadra

Anyone post this yet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRp1CK_X_Yw

So its Trump v. Hollywood: Dawn of Personalities now.

I think y'all know I am not the biggest fan of Hillary, but Jesus if I was American I would be there voting for her, on the simple basis that she is the only one qualified to be there out of her and Trump. Call it being motivated by fear. After though, I expect myself to be highly critical on many issues if her presidency goes how I think it will, but I guess only time will tell.

BigAl1992

No it just collects polls, it doesn't conduct or order polls. It aggregates and does a simple average. But every media outlet quotes them for whatever reason.

Upshot, 538, Princeton election consortium, predictwise, etc. have models based on a number of factors, not just polls.

Monmouth is a university that conducts polls, like Marist, Marquette, etc.

Different things.

Well that makes a lot more sense to me now. It makes RCP sound to me very basic and, at my own risk, very susceptible to inaccuracy for what's going on at a national and regional level. Thanks for that.

Boke1879

That's a real knee-slapper innit General Flynn? What a gross person.

General Flynn
‏@GenFlynn

Mr. Don King is an amazing person with an intuition for great leaders...his instincts 4 @realDonaldTrump are spot on. Thank you Mr. King.

Yup. Those stories about racism King was talking about were real knee slapper for him.

Candidates do tend to correct one another during debates via response, so I don't see a problem with this. Given that Trump's memory span is on the same order as 'brawdo has electrolytes', it's not like Trump is going to be able to fact check back very much.

It's clearly going to be hard for Trump. I feel like his campaign internally has given up on real debate prep, and just letting Trump be Trump. I think the biggest problem is that he'll be asked difficult questions and the audience won't be there to cheer him on, meaning that he'll actually have to explain his answer. That's when the Trump word salad shooter goes into overdrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom