• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The counterpoint is that we know what these undecideds and 3rd party voters look like, and they are not Trump voters.

It's very unlikely many people swing to trump at this point. The majority of the undecided lean more towards Hilary from what I recall.

in profile, these undecideds are either voting for clinton or they're not voting

Nearly every poll of undecided has shown they absolutely will not vote for Trump in any meaningful numbers.

I have not seen these polls recently, hence my statement--anybody have links?

If you're not voting for Trump now, you're not voting for him. Unless something major happens, I don't see how anyone who isn't convinced by Trump now will be later.

What's the argument?

And yes, you could try "isn't the same true of Hillary?" But the answer is "no." You've either already convinced yourself you're voting for a bigot or you won't. The only question left is if you will vote Hillary or 3rd party (or not at all). And the answer to that question will likely be the result of whether you think Trump may win or not.

That's why we see Hillary's numbers fluctuate greatly and Trump's remain fairly stable.

Nearly every pollster that asks the right questions in swing states and other polls find that the "undecided voter" is predominately pro-Obama. Trump doesn't have more votes to get. He can only win if turnout is down among the Obama coalition.

Win or lose, Trump will receive less votes than Mitt Romney. Mark it down.

The bolded is the worry.

I have not seen these polls recently, hence my statement--anybody have links?

The bolded is the worry.

From earlier today in NC:

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/main/2016/09/presidential-race-tied-cooper-up-in-nc.html

When you ask the voters who remain undecided in the head to head between Clinton and Trump whether they'd prefer 4 more years of Barack Obama's leadership or the sharp pivot to Trump's vision for the country there's no contest. 62% of them would prefer more Obama, to only 5% who would take Trump's direction. If those folks voted for Clinton and Trump along the same lines, Clinton would have a 50/48 advantage in the state.

thebloo

So, Trump tweeted these things consecutively, 9 minutes apart.

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Great job once again by law enforcement! We are proud of them and should embrace them - without them, we don't have a country!

Donald J. Trump Verified account @realDonaldTrump

Once again someone we were told is ok turns out to be a terrorist who wants to destroy our country & its people- how did he get thru system?

To be noted that the terrorist was US born and investigated by the FBI, a law enforcement agency.

Holmes

She's doing alright. I've said this before, but I love her low key voice.

Haha, with Christopher Reeves. "You might not know who he was. He was Superman and he was reaaaaaaally good looking".
@ Hillary Clinton:

Jay-Sprays-Manny-With-Water-Bottle-Modern-Family.gif

thebloo

"We don't want pity, we want paychecks!"

She went in on policy and is getting a lot of cheers and few Amens!

I'm one the 10 people watching this, I'm basically a journalist

Iolo

We need a poll buffer. Like, if a good poll comes in, everyone agrees not to post it until the end of the day. This will make everyone sleep better at night.

Iolo

"We don't want pity, we want paychecks!"

She went in on policy and is getting a lot of cheers and few Amens!

I'm one the 10 people watching this, I'm basically a journalist

It doesn't seem like journalists watch these either. Or at least they watch them and their stories are subsumed by whatever loud, dumb thing Trump said.

Holmes

Super positive speech from Hillary, didn't even mention Trump once aside from a "love trumps hate" at the end. This is the direction people wanted her to go in. Let's see how it goes.

It must be the most bittersweet thing ever for Trump's handlers when he gains in polls. On one hand, he gained in the polls, but in doing so, it makes Trump completely ignore them and go full on dictator.

User1608

Banned
I hate Trump so much. Fuck him for using so many of us groups so blatantly for his racist rhetoric.
Super positive speech from Hillary, didn't even mention Trump once aside from a "love trumps hate" at the end. This is the direction people wanted her to go in. Let's see how it goes.
That's good, will catch up when I get home.

Dierce

Welp, here we go again. Someone must have lost Trump's teleprompter.

He will backtrack on it when asked again and continue to be praised by the media. If Clinton loses the debate according to the imbeciles in the mainstream media and her poll numbers consequently decline I hope they go completely negative against motherfucker ignorant orange shit.

Just start throwing every single accusation there is against him from having onset dementia to being the default leader of a rising white power movement. Fucking stain his pathetic name and brand and make it absolutely clear that he represents the worst this world has to offer.

thebloo

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Perhaps his goal is to not get any minority vote. This statement might sway the Hispanics currently voting for him.

Trump's been banging the stop-and-frisk drum for some time now. This isn't new and his corrupted supporters don't care because it mostly applies to minorities, poors, and dirty urban hippies.

Iolo

Trump's been banging the stop-and-frisk drum for some time now. This isn't new and his corrupted supporters don't care because it mostly applies to minorities, poors, and dirty urban hippies.

Not that it matters much, but this is the first I've heard of it personally.

Emarv

Clinton should be patient and wait to use the Stop-and-Frisk stuff at the debate. Nail him with the research and the blatant racism. Say he said it as recent as a few days ago and go after him on the racial stuff.

Boke1879

Well yea that's a given. Shit is still despicable. It's racial profiling. Hispanics are victim of it as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom