• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT11| Well this is exciting

Status
Not open for further replies.

kess

Trump reminds me of Woodrow Wilson if Wilson was a great anti-intellectual and if Wilson hated poor white people.

This is generally bad.

Wilson was a racist shitheel in a lot of ways, but was reasonably inclusive towards other sects, appointing a Jewish and Roman Catholic to the faculty at Princeton and a Jewish guy to the Supreme Court.

With the entry of the United States into World War I, Jews were targeted by antisemites as "slackers" and "war-profiteers" responsible for many of the ills of the country. For example, a U.S. Army manual published for war recruits stated that, "The foreign born, and especially Jews, are more apt to malinger than the native-born." When ADL representatives protested about this to President Woodrow Wilson, he ordered the manual recalled.

Trump is courting the fuckos who vote for David Duke so it's no surprise Jewish donors are WTF

Hoped she would but was that officially announced?
http://edition.cnn.com/2016/09/21/p...on-debate-preparation-donald-trump/index.html
Washington (CNN)Hillary Clinton expects to spend much of the upcoming presidential debate correcting Donald Trump, her campaign manger said Wednesday.

"I think what's concerning overall about Donald Trump is that, first of all, he doesn't often tell the truth," Robby Mook told CNN's Alisyn Camerota on "New Day." "So she's going to have to spend some time probably correcting the record and making sure voters understand the facts."
The Democratic candidate is visiting only two battleground states this week and took off Tuesday to prepare for Monday's debate at Hofstra University.
"She wants to make sure that when she gets to that debate that she will clearly lay out the plans that she has developed to make a difference in people's lives," Mook said. "And all we're asking is that Donald Trump do the same thing."

(Not that I'm surprised), but I truly don't understand what the Trump campaign is doing in North Carolina. They've basically written it off as theirs, when a lot of the fundamentals of what we're seeing in terms of polls, but also registration and early voting seems to give an edge to Clinton.

Besides a small convention bump, Romney pretty much led every single poll through the end of the campaign in North Carolina.

That's not the case in 2016, where RCP has Trump up by 1 and HuffPost has Clinton up by .6. And then when we look at registration numbers, which, as previously reported, are doing better in Obama counties than Romney counties. And the absentee numbers look, preliminarily, very good for Democrats.

And not to repost myself, but there's a reason to think there are more Hillary voters out there:

Other goods news from under the hood of this PPP polls:

Only 13% of white voters are undecided in the NC Senate race (Burr: 52, Ross: 30), but 20% of black voters are undecided (Burr: 8%, Ross: 70%). And of the "other" race category, where Ross leads 56% to 27%, 12% are undecideds.

Of the undecided voters in the Senate race, 5% are Very Liberal, 21% are Somewhat Liberal, and 22% are Moderate (a group that tends to break for Dems). 12% are Somewhat Conservative and 8% are Very Conservative.

In the 3-way, Hillary gets only 78% of the black vote to Trump's 9% and Johnson's 2%, with 11% undecided. I can't imagine a world in which she does worse than 90% of the black vote in NC.

Basically, there only seems so far for Burr and Trump to grow, while there are a lot more Ross and Clinton voters out there.

Trump has no real ground game here. What are they doing?

My only concern here is the debate just ends up being about Trump, and Hillary defending emails/etc... but I guess this whole election has been the Trump Show Starring/Written by Trump (but directed by Putin).

If I was Hilary, I wouldn't go so overboard that you fact check everything and spend most of your time on it. Do it at the start for a few egregious things and then simply start taking a tally. Everytime you go after him just say "In that last response Trump lied about x, y, z a total of n times bringing the total number of lies thus far to..."

She needs to show that he is full of shit, but also needs to show that she has real substance and why its important.

User1608

Banned
If I was Hilary, I wouldn't go so overboard that you fact check everything and spend most of your time on it. Do it at the start for a few egregious things and then simply start taking a tally. Everytime you go after him just say "In that last response Trump lied about x, y, z a total of n times bringing the total number of lies thus far to..."

She needs to show that he is full of shit, but also needs to show that she has real substance and why its important.
Yup, gonna agree with this take.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Correcting facts is a terrible thing to do in the debate. Unless the moderator literally confirms what you say, it becomes a he said/she said thing - Clinton will say "these are the facts", Trump will say "no, these are the facts", and if you didn't already know what the facts are, in which case the whole charade was pointless to begin with, you're none the better. If she wastes time trying to do that she's halfway to losing the debate already.

Boke1879

Correcting facts is a terrible thing to do in the debate. Unless the moderator literally confirms what you say, it becomes a he said/she said thing - Clinton will say "these are the facts", Trump will say "no, these are the facts", and if you didn't already know what the facts are, in which case the whole charade was pointless to begin with, you're none the better. If she wastes time trying to do that she's halfway to losing the debate already.

I mean you do rebut things. That's typical in a debate and she'll have to do that here as well, and sure. It's ok to fact check him with his own words.

I doubt she'll be doing that all debate, but she does need to hit back when he makes some outrageous claim or tries to walk something back.

Nafai1123

Banned
I don't think Hillary will need to spend too much time fact checking for it to be effective, especially since a lot of the stuff he lies about is directly tied to her or her policies.

Eg.

Trump: "Hillary wants to get rid of the second amendment allowing you to own guns."

Clinton: "Mr. Trump has claimed this time and time again, and every time it has been categorically false. Let me tell you about my real plan for gun regulation, which will still allow gun owners their rights under the constitution."

Considering Trump has no substance to his policies, I think he will be spending a lot of time attacking Hillary's. This will be the perfect time for her then respond by fact checking him and informing of what her actual policy will be.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
She doesn't have to Well Actually him on stage, people. She can say "that's just not true ... And the facts are.." before hitting her data.

Not that any of this matters.

(Not that I'm surprised), but I truly don't understand what the Trump campaign is doing in North Carolina. They've basically written it off as theirs, when a lot of the fundamentals of what we're seeing in terms of polls, but also registration and early voting seems to give an edge to Clinton.

Besides a small convention bump, Romney pretty much led every single poll through the end of the campaign in North Carolina.

That's not the case in 2016, where RCP has Trump up by 1 and HuffPost has Clinton up by .6. And then when we look at registration numbers, which, as previously reported, are doing better in Obama counties than Romney counties. And the absentee numbers look, preliminarily, very good for Democrats.

And not to repost myself, but there's a reason to think there are more Hillary voters out there:

Trump has no real ground game here. What are they doing?

I think they shit the bed too early in the cycle. They didn't invest in ground game when they needed to, so now they're just having to run with the shit strategy one of the seventeen other campaign managers came up with. The stuff you're talking about is the stuff that Trump doesn't believe has value. So, this is just more of the same of that vein.

Also, he's stupid?

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIEV POLLS つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I think if Trump actually gaslights the American public on a debate stage it's not going to end well for him. Unlike his minions who to date have done it for him, he can't pull it off without overreaching and exposing the lie.

Clinton +6 4-way LV.

Poll: Clinton Leads Trump Ahead of First Debate
Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton leads Republican Donald Trump by six points among likely voters heading into the first presidential debate on Monday, according to a brand-new national NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

The survey - which was conducted after Clinton's return to the campaign trail following her bout with pneumonia - shows a bigger advantage for the secretary of state than did polls taken during the heightened scrutiny of her health.

HylianTom

Banned

Man, Obama had a beautiful map with a 4% win in 2012. I'd love a 6 or 7% win. Sheeeeit.

And her enthusiasm numbers are looking impressive. More voters are picking her because they want her, rather than as a vote against Trump.

MOM IS BACK

tumblr_m3a3uhnmO61r1j2dc.gif

Emarv

She doesn't have to Well Actually him on stage, people. She can say "that's just not true ... And the facts are.." before hitting her data.

This is all she has to do. Not like he can rebut her with facts anyway. He doesn't know any. Just hit him like normal and let his unpreparedness show. All he had are Ailes zingers and nicknames.

Iolo

Adjusted Leader Trump +1 due to trendline

edit: Just changed to Adjusted Leader Trump +2 due to new trendline when including Adjusted Leader Trump +1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom