• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i was listening to cbs radio (Los Angeles area) after the VP debate and they had some dude from the California GOP on. within a couple seconds the dude called Tim Kaine an "annoying clown-faced cockroach"

like... wtf. great analysis, asshole.

Interesting that they're worried about Trump's downballot effects, some yahoo posted an article today claiming that GOP internal polling has all of their House incumbents leading and that the only seats Democrats are expected to pick up are open seats or redistricting related.

Seems very likely that is a lie!

mo60

But we get only 2 Senate seats. :cry: If only we split NorCal an SoCal we could gain 2 more liberal seats. Sigh.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/ess...egistered-voters-in-1475694802-htmlstory.html

The GOP in California is largely dead. It's amazing to witness this happening in real time.

Trump's not going to win much past 30% of the vote on election day in that state at this point. I can't believe the GOP actually came kinda close to winning california like 12 years ago and now they have pretty much collapsed in that state.Hilary will orobably end up winning the state by over 30 points on november 8th.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

mo60

Has there been any analysis on how the hurricane can effect voting numbers?

It probably won't affect it much unless it decided to be a nuisance and stay alive until early november. Everything should be back and running in most places in the affected states before election day.

Oblivion

Has there been any analysis on how the hurricane can effect voting numbers?

I could be wrong, but I believe Hurricane Sandy didn't have much of an impact in New Jersey. Of course, that state was gonna go to Obama anyway.

Teggy

Scott BixbyVerified account
‏@scottbix
Donald Trump just spent two minutes in Reno insisting that Nevada is pronounced "Nev-AH-da," which is incorrect.

Guy just cant admit when he's wrong.

Holmes

I wonder if there will be a similarity of this election to the Canadian one last year, only with two parties instead of three. Near the final month, it was looking really competitive between the Liberals and the Conservatives, but about 2-3 weeks before voting day, people seemed to collectively regain their sanity and there was a sudden and large shift towards the Liberals. Perhaps this is what's happening now? Especially thanks to the debate last week, and potentially the one on Sunday, people might just abandon the GOP enough to create a large Clinton victory come election day. Seems like the GOP and Democratic internals are pointing towards that.

mo60

I wonder if there will be a similarity of this election to the Canadian one last year, only with two parties instead of three. Near the final month, it was looking really competitive between the Liberals and the Conservatives, but about 2-3 weeks before voting day, people seemed to collectively regain their sanity and there was a sudden and large shift towards the Liberals. Perhaps this is what's happening now? Especially thanks to the debate last week, and potentially the one on Sunday, people might just abandon the GOP enough to create a large Clinton victory come election day. Seems like the GOP and Democratic internals are pointing towards that.

I'm thinking there's a good chance the same thing happens in this election to.

Cyanity

Banned
I can't tell if Trump is trying to rile his supporters to riot or to slink back into their trailers when Hillary wins. At least Bernie had the spine to continue his movement (because it was an actual movement, not a shitty PR stunt)

Mael

I can't tell if Trump is trying to rile his supporters to riot or to slink back into their trailers when Hillary wins. At least Bernie had the spine to continue his movement (because it was an actual movement, not a shitty PR stunt)

Actually considering the effect of Trump's run with Sander's, I'd say Trump's movement is a more genuine one. A VERY shitty one though.

I don't know why ppl keep bringing up this Pence 20/20 shit. He's not going to win a Republican primary.
Though this year proves more than ever before that literally anything is possible, I agree that it's going to be incredibly hard to get the stench of Trump off of a candidate. Kasich is the only one who never surrendered. Wouldn't be surprised if the eventual nominee to be someone who wasn't involved this time.
Which is terrifying because the dude is a goddamned fanatic.
Sigh, also this.
Actually considering the effect of Trump's run with Sander's, I'd say Trump's movement is a more genuine one. A VERY shitty one though.
This is a horrible generalization, but college and legal weed are indeed more short-term concerns than hardcore racism, so I agree.

we're gonna finish on OT13 and clinton's inexplicably going to win by that much after every polling place and absentee ballot in suburban texas mysteriously burns to the ground

Interesting that they're worried about Trump's downballot effects, some yahoo posted an article today claiming that GOP internal polling has all of their House incumbents leading and that the only seats Democrats are expected to pick up are open seats or redistricting related.

Seems very likely that is a lie!

Trying to save face after it turns out that they should have ditched him back in August? Maybe that September tightening is going to help the Dems.

I don't know why ppl keep bringing up this Pence 20/20 shit. He's not going to win a Republican primary.
Because they know absolutely nothing about Pence other than what they saw last night.

Just wait until they learn about RFRA and his abortion law. He'd be as popular nationwide as he is here in Indiana! (Hint: not very.) In fact his popularity here has probably grown since they know he can't impose his social agenda on this state anymore and feel bad for him because they don't think he'll have a job in a month anyway.

Mael

This is a horrible generalization, but college and legal weed are indeed more short-term concerns than hardcore racism, so I agree.

I pegged Sanders run as more "reducing wealth inequality" but ok.
I'm just saying that we've witnessed a real effect of Trump's run through increase racist violence and such while Sanders run have little to show in comparison.
I mean there's real people out there who harass minorities because of Trump, I haven't seen many JP Morgans go up in flames since Sanders started running in comparison.

Cyanity

Banned
Since when is college a short term concern? Education has far reaching consequences that eventually stretch through generations.

Oblivion

I'm guessing that Buzzfeed story about Trump's bankruptcies is a big nothingburger?

I just had the big political argument I've been avoiding with a friend of mine voting Trump. It's an anti-Hillary vote for him, he works in government intelligence and uses the email scandal as his reasoning and actually never defended Trump or even mentioned Trump during the entire argument, though of course I did. I was baited into the argument by another friend that just thinks the whole thing is hilarious. I don't have the energy to argue politics with Trump as a candidate.

Discount Tom Brady has thoughts about the Jews:

CuCw3rbVUAI3EPu.jpg

He's at the Trump rally if you were wondering.

Oops, I should have phrased that differently, I meant get to |OT13| and then remain on it through the actual election. If we get to |OT13| and then proceed to |OT14| we should be fine.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Discount Tom Brady seems like he's saying holocaust revisionism is bunk.

Or is this a new positive spin on the holocaust

Mael

Thinking about it, what should be the priority for Clinton to pass ASAP?
Make ACA better? Gun control? Tax reform? Immigration Reform?

I'm a bit biased so I'd say Immigration reform but still I'd like to know what people here think.

Teggy

Discount Tom Brady seems like he's saying holocaust revisionism is bunk.

Or is this a new positive spin on the holocaust

No, it is common for Neo-Nazis to doubt the holocaust. He's in the "nazis weren't really bad" camp.

I pegged Sanders run as more "reducing wealth inequality" but ok.
I'm just saying that we've witnessed a real effect of Trump's run through increase racist violence and such while Sanders run have little to show in comparison.
I mean there's real people out there who harass minorities because of Trump, I haven't seen many JP Morgans go up in flames since Sanders started running in comparison.
Sorry! As I said, I generalized way too much. Regardless of the cause there's always an enthusiasm gap with Democrats/liberals. We saw how OWS blew up so quickly and then sputtered out, for a recent example. How often do you hear "99% movement" these days? For millennials it's an attention span thing, too. We have enough to do and enough distractions that the idea of staying laser-focused on a political cause is largely out of our wheelhouse. We can't even be bothered to vote in midterms! For the next 10-20 years until demographics have gone though their largest shift to younger and more diverse this is keeping the GOP on life support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom