• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTupolev

Hillary's luck is that Trump can't frame the charge properly, most conservatives can't either because they can't frame it from "the left/social justice/etc." point of view because they don't understand it.
I'm not so sure. Going after victims looks bad from anyone's point of view when it's politically convenient, and Trump hardly cares about consistency. He certainly did pose the argument in his release today.

I think Trump is in enough trouble at the moment. Hillary shouldn't speak on this unless asked about it (she will be), and shouldn't need to drop any Machado-like oppo bombs unless they relate to this current scandal. This one has legs, let it continue to boil.

She needs to have answers ready for whatever Trump throws at her regarding Bill, emails, Benghazi, speeches, etc. She should otherwise spend most of her time talking policy matters, contrasted against Republican proposals, as if Donald wasn't even there.

sphagnum

Banned
Man, these guys have a nice website for calling for genocide and dictatorship:

http://www.workers.org/2016/05/27/philippine-election-and-u-s-imperialism/#.V_iRgOArLIV

Most websites I've seen that call for genocide and dictatorship look like total garbage, this one is pretty slick honestly.

http://www.workers.org/2016/09/16/why-did-obama-visit-asia/#.V_iSJ-ArLIU

The annoying thing is that there are a lot of good points to be made here, but Duterte is the wrong guy to support.

Wilsongt

Someone pointed out on Facebook that Trump's mic was working the day the video was made.

Can you imagine the Hillary zinger?

benjipwns

Banned
I'm not so sure. Going after victims looks bad from anyone's point of view when it's politically convenient, and Trump hardly cares about consistency. He certainly did pose the argument in his release today.
Problem is nobody will believe it. She can just dismiss it and claim he's making shit up.

They did when it was happening.

The best part about this part

The absolute best part

Is that Hillary is a Politician. She knows exactly how this process works. This was all planned. The way Kaine acted on Tuesday, you get soundbites out of that. Dropping bombshells that will hurt him in the views of many in the middle of the debate. Having this big bomb drop on her lap today. And it was from Producers looking for video of Trump saying his shit? Because after what happened in the debate when Hillary dropped the Alicia Machado bomb on him, the producer went to look for this video?

This is all extremely calculated. And Trump is probably flabbergasted. He's probably having angry sex because he's had a bad day.

And it's all because Hillary has been part of the system for the past 30 years. She knows the ins and outs of being a politican, of being in an election process. She has experience that Trump will never have. And it's scary to see in full force.

benjipwns

Banned
The best part about this part

The absolute best part

Is that Hillary is a Politician. She knows exactly how this process works. This was all planned. The way Kaine acted on Tuesday, you get soundbites out of that. Dropping bombshells that will hurt him in the views of many in the middle of the debate. Having this big bomb drop on her lap today. And it was from Producers looking for video of Trump saying his shit? Because after what happened in the debate when Hillary dropped the Alicia Machado bomb on him, the producer went to look for this video?

This is all extremely calculated. And Trump is probably flabbergasted. He's probably having angry sex because he's had a bad day.

And it's all because Hillary has been part of the system for the past 30 years. She knows the ins and outs of being a politican, of being in an election process. She has experience that Trump will never have. And it's scary to see in full force.
She's not The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Cerium

She's not The Joker in The Dark Knight.

No, that's Obama, remember?

Obama_Joker_Poster.jpg

Russia is trying to reopen military bases in Vietnam.

The United States had a 76/18 favorability rating in Vietnam even before Obama's recent visit.

Not sure this will pan out for Russia...

edit: OTOH, Russia has a 75/10 favorability rating in Vietnam.

Guess Vietnam is just a friendly country, lol.

sazzy

A few hours before this story broke, there was news all over the place that the Trump campaign was pulling TV ads from several states.

Cerium

Russia is trying to reopen military bases in Vietnam.

The United States had a 76/18 favorability rating in Vietnam even before Obama's recent visit.

Not sure this will pan out for Russia...

edit: OTOH, Russia has a 75/10 favorability rating in Vietnam.

Guess Vietnam is just a friendly country, lol.

Russia propped up Vietnam during the Cold War in order to annoy the Chinese. They're longtime allies and Vietnam has no reason to dislike Russia.

mo60

I wonder what will be revealed next week that will affect trump's campaign. I don't see how trump will be able to escape stories like the one that released yesterday if they keep on popping up. Dude can't keep on apologizing for his past.

I wonder what will be revealed next week that will affect trump's campaign. I don't see how trump will be able to escape stories like the one that released yesterday if they keep on popping up. Dude can't keep on apologizing for his past.

Well, you know how the Donald projects, and he did say that Ted Cruz's father was involved in the assassination of JFK, so...

"November 1963 was a long time ago, and I regret my actions, and I apologize if I offended anybody though most of the Kennedy clan of that era is now dead. But Bill and Hillary Clinton conspired to kill Vince Foster in the 90s, and there's more, believe me."

Sagroth

I would love it if whatever company makes Tic-Tacs comes out against Trump. I imagine today's stories did not help their brand image.

Huffington Post has FL at the biggest share of the cancellation, followed by NC and then OH. More swing states are on the list as well in lesser amounts.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-ad-reservations_us_57f7e122e4b0e655eab3dfde

I have to guess like the article says that the campaign is low on funds, since I would understand completely lost states like Penn and Colorado. But leaving Florida, Ohio and NC is just plain stupidity otherwise....though with this campaign who knows.

benjipwns

Banned
Why not? That's basically every Presidential campaign ever lol

"I actually did vote for the $87 billion before I voted against it." etc.

i_am_ben

running_here_and_there
Also, I wouldn't assume that Hillary will knock any 'enabler' questions out of the park. It took her months to get a decent email answer, and she never had a decent answer to the transcripts questions.

CCS

Banned
Man, if there was one question I wish I could ask to Ryan, McConnell and all the other leading Republicans who fell into line behind Trump, it would be:

"Are you ashamed of yourself yet?"

benjipwns

Banned
Do they have to answer truthfully under some magic spell or something? Because that's a waste of a question. The answer is "yes and no depending on how much it hurts me personally." I'd use the question power to gain much greater information. Think of all the dirt you could dig up. Or knots you could tie them in with stuff like "Stalin or Hitler and why?"

Or the good you could do for society.

Like questioning where this "social contract" is that they claim gives legitimacy to the state's claims!

That one would be for pigeon.

Just woke up and watched the "apology". That may be the least sincere video I've ever seen in my life.

I think this video and the David Duke interview really show the extent of Donald Trump's ability to show regret or apologize for something. He really seems like he has the same kind of body language and way of talking that he did during that interview.

sazzy

Man, if there was one question I wish I could ask to Ryan, McConnell and all the other leading Republicans who fell into line behind Trump, it would be:

"Are you ashamed of yourself yet?"

Even better, ask them:

"Would you be OK with leaving your wife or your daughters alone in a room with Donald for 5 minutes?"

CCS

Banned
Do they have to answer truthfully under some magic spell or something? Because that's a waste of a question. The answer is "yes and no depending on how much it hurts me personally." I'd use the question power to gain much greater information. Think of all the dirt you could dig up. Or knots you could tie them in with stuff like "Stalin or Hitler and why?"

Or the good you could do for society.

Like questioning where this "social contract" is that they claim gives legitimacy to the state's claims!

That one would be for pigeon.

Hadn't really got that far in the thought process to be honest :p

I think this video and the David Duke interview really show the extent of Donald Trump's ability to show regret or apologize for something. He really seems like he has the same kind of body language and way of talking that he did during that interview.

And both times it's not really an apology at all. He's just completely incapable of doing it.

sazzy

Important thing to remember is:

the Election is happening, every day, as we speak, as these new scandals emerge daily, by way of absentee ballots, early voting, etc.

And We're at the bargaining stage now...

There's a strange mix of irony and sincerity in that place. It's complete proof their whole movement was started by a few trolls, then more joined, then people who actually bought the bullshit showed up, and now the lines are completely blurred between irony and sincerity these people can't process how embarrassing they truly are.

Boke1879

So this has got to be the worst October any Presidential Candidate has ever had right? And we're only 8 fucking days into it lol.

And there is worse coming lol. Journalists already say they have heard worse oppo is out there. Trump is walking into a damn trap. This video I think was the warning shot to all the GOP and trump. Now Trump wants to go into attacking Bill and Hillary. Something is going to come out in the next few days and I'm scared for him what it is.

Boke1879

I can't stop thinking about what else they might have. This is so exciting.

This is Trump with Nuclear codes. He's backed into a corner and going scorched Earth. He could have just simply apologized. But he had to fuck it up. That bullshit apology isn't playing well with anyone lol.

I feel that if he goes all in with attacking Bills and Hillary they have something that they'll drop a few days offer the debate that'll be huge.

Horace Greeley and President Benjamin Harrison had their wives die in October of 1872 and 1892 respectively.

On a personal level that is tragic, but I was more referring to most damaging for their campaigns. I imagine losing their wives (at the risk of sounding inhuman) if anything gave them some sympathy votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom