• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syncytia

i so want obama to be a justice on the supreme court.

I think he would make a good justice, but not very soon. Too much hate from the right. Maybe in 15-20 after the GOP is completely destroyed.

Plus he will be great continuing to fundraise and campaign for democrats.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I know that it would be better to have a younger and more liberal justice than Garland on the court, but I feel like it would be really distasteful of Obama to play political football with him like that. I don't think he's going to back him out.

Obama won't back out, Garland's been on his shortlist since jump. He wants him on the court, the man's a fantastic judge.

HylianTom

Banned
I know that it would be better to have a younger and more liberal justice than Garland on the court, but I feel it would be really distasteful of Obama to play political football with him like that. I don't think he's going to back him out.

Yeah, I'm not too upset. I think Obama also has it in the back of his mind that Democrats are likely to win the Presidency often enough to give Garland ample opportunity to step down later on.

Paul Ryan is refusing to say Trump's name and refusing to say he unendorses Trump.

This fucking loser is amazing. This guy would get the shit beat out of him by 95 year old Joe Biden.

Boke1879

It's all just snowballing now. I have no doubts there is something out there far far worse, and quite frankly Trump is about to go scorched Earth.

I have no doubts his campaign is there to tell him NOT to go all in on the Bill comments. I know his eyes are glued to the TV. I know this shit is eating him up inside.

Clinton honestly just needs to do her thing at the debate, do her rallies. Drop some oppo from time to time and be good.

i so want obama to be a justice on the supreme court.
I mean its a nice dream, but it's like cutting off your own balls. Obama will no longer be able to give speeches and bring out crowds for Dem tickets if he becomes a SC justice. The millenial generation loves him, and to remove him from the public sphere like that is just plain stupid. He is the ace card of Democratic party. Besides, there is so much he can accomplish and better so many lives if he can do his own thing like Jimmy Carter.

Ashodin

0IYleT9.gif

hahahahh

I know that it would be better to have a younger and more liberal justice than Garland on the court, but I feel like it would be really distasteful of Obama to play political football with him like that. I don't think he's going to back him out.

Garland has known what time it was since he was picked. Nothing that happens will surprise him. I wouldn't be stunned if he withdraws.

The GOP should not be rewarded for being idiots. They're going to lose, big. Withdraw Garland and let Hillary knock it out the park with a young liberal. Too bad Goodwin Liu is probably too radioactive right now with the cheating scandal.

"Trump! Trump! Trump!" chants are happening and Paul Ryan is completely ignoring them while trying to run away from the stage and end the speech.

"We want Donald Trump!"

Garland has known what time it was since he was picked. Nothing that happens will surprise him. I wouldn't be stunned if he withdraws.

The GOP should not be rewarded for being idiots. They're going to lose, big. Withdraw Garland and let Hillary knock it out the park with a young liberal. Too bad Goodwin Liu is probably too radioactive right now with the cheating scandal.

Nominate a black young lesbian

Vimes

"Trump! Trump! Trump!" chants are happening and Paul Ryan is completely ignoring them while trying to run away from the stage and end the speech.

"We want Donald Trump!"

This was almost a photo OP with Trump one day before the bombshell would drop.

I'm actually a little mad at Fahrenthold for not keeping it in the pants.

Vimes

Obama will no longer be able to give speeches and bring out crowds for Dem tickets if he becomes a SC justice. The millenial generation loves him, and to remove him from the public sphere like that is just plain stupid. He is the ace card of Democratic party. Besides, there is so much he can accomplish and better so many lives if he can do his own thing like Jimmy Carter.

This. He's already dropping hints that he wants to be more activist post-presidency. Once he's not longer in office he can drop the filters. I'm really interested what he has to say about race in particular.

Paskil

Hot take because I'm inside:

Scott Walker was told that drug testing food stamp employment and training program participants is against federal law because we would be applying additional eligibility criteria on program applicants. Wisconsin chose to sue in federal court. Judge tossed the case at the end of last month.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scott-walker-drug-testing_us_57f65f53e4b05f39c51e7aad

Now Wisconsin is looking to implement the policy in order to bring the case back to federal court.

Bowdz

I honestly don't think the Republican Party survives this. I expect Trump to start shitting on the party soon

The only way this gets better is if Trump holds his impromptu comfort food rally tonight and starts ripping into everyone who has betrayed him.

HylianTom

Banned
I'm starting to see the more steadfast libertarians on my twitter feed losing their shit. Family have been curiously quiet, too.

They know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom