• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
trump's ceiling was 43-44. i wonder what his true floor is. 33? 30-33 seems to be what bush's lowest approval rating was. maybe that's where all the ultra diehard republicans are.

still a scary amount of people regardless.

I'm not too excited about Hillary winning because I'm afraid of violence from these crazy fucks. They will have lost to a black man and a woman 3 times in a row.

tumblr_inline_oeprdmLT3d1t63ajm_500.png

trump's ceiling was 43-44. i wonder what his true floor is. 33? 30-33 seems to be what bush's lowest approval rating was. maybe that's where all the ultra diehard republicans are.

Floats with third party defections, but I don't think he really gets below 41 assuming third party total take is 2-3%. That might seem crazy but keep in mind that's still a gigantic loss by any metric.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Well, I think k his 'support' floor is about there. His voter floor is higher tho BC of people who will hold their nose an pull the lever.

BOOM:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/08/politics/trump-on-howard-stern/index.html

Donald Trump engaged in crude and demeaning conversations about women over a 17-year-period with radio shock-jock Howard Stern, according to a review by CNN's KFile of hours of newly uncovered audio.

Among the topics Trump discussed: his daughter Ivanka's physique, having sex with women on their menstrual cycles, threesomes, and checking out of a relationship with women after they turn 35.

Trump's long track record of making misogynistic comments and engaging in lewd conversations about sex took on a new and much darker tone on Friday night, when the "Washington Post" published audio of Trump, caught on a hot mic in 2005, bragging about how women let him do whatever he wants to them because he's a celebrity.

While Trump's comments — in which he describes forcing himself upon women — stand apart from anything he has said in the past, Trump has long engaged in sexually explicit banter over the years, particularly on Stern. Trump appeared on Stern's radio program for decades, and while many of his appearances have been reported on, KFile's review has turned up previously unreported examples of Trump engaging in crude conversations.

HylianTom

Banned
From McKay Coppins:

Just an incredibly tense scene here at (lol) Fall Fest. Trump supporters heckling GOP speakers, who then reprimand them from the stage.

Even Republicans trying to encourage people to vote for Trump in spite of recent revelations—like Jim Sensenbrenner—are getting heckled.

It basically feels like there are 2 parties here. Trumpists in crowd totally uninterested in small-govt. pro-business rhetoric from speakers

YES. Fight each other! Yes!

==

And just in from Trump himself:

The media and establishment want me out of the race so badly - I WILL NEVER DROP OUT OF THE RACE, WILL NEVER LET MY SUPPORTERS DOWN! #MAGA

Wilsongt

All I have to say is, fuck all of the Republicans and people who decided to stop supporting Trump and call him out on being sexist just because there is video evidence of it. These people don't fucking care what Trump said and did. If they did, they would have called him out much, much sooner. If there was video of Trump shitting on LGBTQ individuals, there would be absolutely no backlash whatsoever. He is on video bashing the president, Muslims, and Mexicans, but women is suddenly the last straw? Is that because the GOP realizes it suddenly has a woman problem?

All of these "apologizes" and "unendorsements" are insincere as fuck and I say fuck them all.

27%

John: Hey, Bush is now at 37% approval. I feel much less like Kevin McCarthy screaming in traffic. But I wonder what his base is --

Tyrone: 27%.

John: ... you said that immmediately, and with some authority.

Tyrone: Obama vs. Alan Keyes. Keyes was from out of state, so you can eliminate any established political base; both candidates were black, so you can factor out racism; and Keyes was plainly, obviously, completely crazy. Batshit crazy. Head-trauma crazy. But 27% of the population of Illinois voted for him. They put party identification, personal prejudice, whatever ahead of rational judgement. Hell, even like 5% of Democrats voted for him. That's crazy behaviour. I think you have to assume a 27% Crazification Factor in any population.

John: Objectively crazy or crazy vis-a-vis my own inertial reference frame for rational behaviour? I mean, are you creating the Theory of Special Crazification or General Crazification?

Tyrone: Hadn't thought about it. Let's split the difference. Half just have worldviews which lead them to disagree with what you consider rationality even though they arrive at their positions through rational means, and the other half are the core of the Crazification -- either genuinely crazy; or so woefully misinformed about how the world works, the bases for their decision making is so flawed they may as well be crazy.

John: You realize this leads to there being over 30 million crazy people in the US?

Tyrone: Does that seem wrong?

John: ... a bit low, actually.

Wilsongt

I can't. It's too hilarious.

IMHO, One lawless candidate, who raped America for her own financial gain among other illegal things, desires a global genocide against Christians and Jews, forever exterminating their belief system from the planet, in the battle of Evil v. Good. She would also have the opportunity to appoint 3 or 4 Supreme Court Justices to make that scenario possible, starting in the U.S. She already stated that she can't wait to take control of our children to indoctrinate them in her own (evil) ways. Over your dead body, you say? She can arrange that!

The other candidate just had a disgusting, private "locker room type conversation" recorded 11 years ago, exposed by the Demoncrats. Imperfectly human, for certain. We're not electing a Savior.

Tough decision, huh?

One WILL be our earthly ruler in America for the next 4 to 8 years come January. Our children and grandchildren are counting on us to make a wise decision affecting their future. What will you tell them if you allow the Lawless One to be elected when the genocide begins? Or when you don't come home one day and the State takes them to be educated in the ways of the godless, lawless world? Will you be able to tell them that Mommy/Daddy didn't vote because you didn't like either of the candidates, allowing the most evil one to win? Will you?

Well I was very dismayed when I heard the audio of Trump today. It was vulgar and disgusting. However.....he is like the rest of fallen humanity...none of us perfect and it's only by the Grace of God we are forgiven, but we still have our sin nature. I understand he gave his life to Christ this year and that it was supposedly confirmed by James Dobson . James Dobson would not lie about something this serious. If God can save Trumps soul and forgive his sins who are we to say he is not a changed man? He is not perfect but a babe in Christ if this is true. He has accepted responsibility for it and has expressed remorse. This audio was from 11 years ago before he was married and while it was just awful, it was dug up by the powerful political machine determined to bring Trump down with the hope that Evangelicals will be so turned off that we will sit this election out. Millions of Evangelicals didn't vote 4 years ago and look what happened? As awful as the audio is, I believe Trump is a changed man and is being raised up by God for such a time as this. I have voted in every election since I was of age to vote and with each passing election cycle the choices have been getting more and more difficult and our country sliding further into moral decay. This election is about our religious and personal freedoms, the Supreme Court that will decide the laws of our land for the next 25 years, pro-life, healthcare, social security, jobs, economy. To not vote is to throw away our voice about our freedom and values. I am sick in my soul and tired of the whole political mess but as difficult as the choices are, I refuse to sit this election out....not voting is NOT an option for me. I care too much to sit by while the country deteriorates further.

Evangelicals are way too forgiving.

For whatever reason, white evangelicals and black evangelicals have completely different voting records yet only one group gets talked about as the "evangelical vote."

Anyway, Hillary probably knows about this and is about to punt Trump in the nuts with it tomorrow when Trump screams about Bill.

CuRR3GNXYAA_-SK.jpg

Diablos

And hubris.. they thought they could control the base stupidly still. There isn't controlling this monster they've made.
And in fairness early on the best strategy was to assume he would flame out. If this was a previous cycle that's what would have happened. The problem is when it was apparent that his lead was legit, and not just flavor of the whatever, they did nothing to stop him. Either because they were too dumb to figure out how or too afraid. Either way they're spineless.

They needed to take a calculated risk to bring him down and they didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom