• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't understand why he would get to do another news conference tonight. Fuck that. You suffer this shit all weekend.

Hillary is going to come out and shit on him tomorrow.

Is there a possibility that the conservative Supermajority stranglehold in Jefferson City (MO) possibly loosening or is that too much to ask for???

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
My favorite thing is how Cruz finally slithered into Donald's embrace just in time to get burned. Should have stuck with your conscience Ted!

Plumbob

Let's not overdose on hopium here.

My greatest hope is that the Clinton campaign shifts message and begins to explicitly tie downballot races to Trump.

Build the majority Queen deigns to govern.

iammeiam

Dump Trump won't work-Trump doesn't want it and neither do the most likely GOP voters in this race. The GOP is cornered, which explains the lack of coordinated response and general 'hunker down' behavior.

This may actually be part of why stuff like this wasn't dug up in the primary--it would have made a difference for some of the GOP voters, but I think the very core that propelled Trump to the nomination don't care and wouldn't have switched votes at the time anyway (the evangelical arm of the party didn't come to Trump until after he'd taken out all the candidates they actually liked.) If Jeb! had released this tape, it wouldn't have driven the deplorables away and the 23498 other candidates would have still split the vote and lost to Trump's base.

This is the core problem with the GOP base coming home to roost--things that make your candidate poison in the general aren't real run-ending negatives in the primary, so even if the guy can't win because of them they're not terribly effective ways to stop him in a field like the GOP Primary.

benjipwns

Banned
The scary thing (for Trump) is that typically you don't go with your biggest and best opp research until really close to the election, this is probably just the 2nd tier stuff.
I have to admit, being an Apprentice fan (Alan Sugar version is superior), I'm familiar with like all these stories somehow. Stern and Allred. I remember them. I remember some of them on The Soup. Especially Trump saying things about Ivanka.

When is somebody in the media going to marathon the Apprentice?

They know there's stuff like this that wasn't even cut out of the show right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urReg9O6MwA

Sibylus

Banned

Flay him.

This could hurt his numbers in Canada too
charm_smile.gif
invoker-laugh.gif

So uh

Fahrenthold’s story proved to be the most concurrently viewed article in the history of The Post’s website; more than 100,000 people read it simultaneously at one point on Friday. The interest was so heavy that it briefly crashed the servers of the newspaper’s internal tracking system.

Veelk

Banned
Ted Cruz is such sychophantic slime. He went back to him after he insulted his family on the pretense of putting country over personal feelings, but now that Trump's lit himself on fire, he's going to back off under the pretense of being offended by his rhetoric?

Come on, conservatives, just get your heads out of your asses, please.

I have to admit, being an Apprentice fan (Alan Sugar version is superior), I'm familiar with like all these stories somehow. Stern and Allred. I remember them. I remember some of them on The Soup. Especially Trump saying things about Ivanka.

When is somebody in the media going to marathon the Apprentice?

They know there's stuff like this that wasn't even cut out of the show right? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urReg9O6MwA

It's absurd this stuff didn't come out sooner.

Hire an intern. Go through sterns tapes. Watch the apprentice.

Rubenov

I recently watched the Weiner documentary, and this whole thing reminded me of it.

- Trump's feud with Khan / Mexican Judge = 1st reveal of Weiner's sexy pics

Then both Wiener and Trump recover... get close to being ahead of their opponents and then

- Trump's Grab them by the Pussy = 2nd reveal of Weiner's sexy pics

The both campaigns start a deadly and irrecoverable downturn spiral

Looking ahead, would an additional Trump scandal = Weiner's 3rd sexy pic reveal, and end with Melania leaving Trump like Huma left Weiner?

Touchdown

Banned
that interview with Stern about calling his daughter a piece of ass... I just.....

grabbin' em by the pussy AND the ass... Damn Trump

Bgbl923.gif

I don't understand why he would get to do another news conference tonight. Fuck that. You suffer this shit all weekend.

Hillary is going to come out and shit on him tomorrow.

She was practically glowing in the days after the first debate. I'm not sure if we're going to be able to look directly at her tomorrow night. The town hall audience is going to need one of those cardboard eclipse viewers.

Strimei

I've said it a few times, but I seriously cannot wait to read the books that will be written about this election cycle. It is insane and I am honestly so happy to be alive watching it unfold.

Its also been fun talking to my mother about this. She's been cynical about things, even as late as last night. "Just watch, this will blow over."

She's devolving into giggling fits right now with each update.

Retro

So is McCain ok with slandering Mexicans?

Not a bad line of attack, honestly, if a bit cumbersome. You can take everything that Trump said before when they were okay endorsing him and say "Why didn't you denounce Trump when he said x, y, z. Why aren't these groups important enough to say 'enough'?"

Basically use the fact that people are flipping now to pin all the ghastly things that Trump said and did before on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom