• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Who cares about what Trump said in his locker room comment 11 years ago. Boys will be boys am I right? Let's investigate Clinton's relationship with the Washington Post. there are still wikileaks documents. Emails!!!

The right and liberals are quickly running out to ways to defend Trump and fall back in whataboutbill?

Nafai1123

Banned
The hand shake dilemna is real. If you do it you risk looking too sympathetc, but brushing off an attempted handshake could seem too cold.

watershed

Banned
Trump has to be furious that so many republicans are abandoning him. If he gets asked about it tomorrow, I just know he will blow up. Sooner or later he's going to go off on all the rescinded endorsements.

jiggle

Buzzfeed headline photo is nightmare fueled
enhanced-buzz-11833-1475950828-0.jpg

Honestly the most important part of all of this is that the GOP is essentially handing a group of young swing state senators to the Dems for 2024.

mo60

I think there is a good chance Jason Kander wins that missouri senate seat now. Maybe hilary will also win missouri to now.

Trump supporters are also calling for a hostile takeover of the GOP now.

SexyFish

Banned
Fuck that Howard Stern Trump CNN story was done by Andrew Kaczynski. He just joined CNN on October 3rd. He was from the Buzzfeed team.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I've honestly never seen a weekend like this in modern American politics.

I can't look away!!

The Clinton years were kinda similar lol

"I did not have sex with that woman"

The cigar

Blue Dress

That was crazy shit, of course as a democrat that wasn't nearly as fun as this :D

Bowdz

The hand shake dilemna is real. If you do it you risk looking too sympathetc, but brushing off an attempted handshake could seem too cold.

Treat it as you treat a meeting with Putin after he bombed Allepo. They could do a cold handshake with no verbal greeting, no handshake at all, or do short nod.

Bowdz

I think there is a good chance Jason Kander wins that missouri senate seat now. Maybe hilary will also win missouri to now.

Trump supporters are also calling for a hostile takeover of the GOP now.

Kander winning would be magical.

Iolo

Bet Republicans are cursing they didn't pay Trump $150 million to drop out during the primaries like he asked.

Kid Heart

I've honestly never seen a weekend like this in modern American politics.

I can't look away!!

This is pretty much how I'm feeling as well.

We're literally watching the GOP implode in on itself with the possibility of a civil war becoming more likely by the day .

The only way this gets better is if Trump starts telling off the party and causes a fracture between his die hard anti establishment supporters, and the fiscal conservative voters who are simply holding their noses at the moment. The great thing is with all the politicians now disavowing Trump I think it will happen soon.

Revolver

Stern then asked Trump if he has an age limit.
"No, I have no age — I mean, I have age limit. I don't want to be like Congressman Foley, with, you know, 12-year-olds."

Please do an ad with this sound playing over Trump bragging about how he knew everybody behind him at that rally with Foley sitting there smiling. I feel like he got off too easy on that one.

Both the Trumpkins and the Buckleyites know they need each other to win elections at the federal level, but this relationship between them is too toxic.

Actually, I think Trumpkins are deluded enough to think they are the majority. They might just initiate a split, especially if Trump makes the last month about how the punk-ass establishment abandoned him and his voters.

Boke1879

This is pretty much how I'm feeling as well.

We're literally watching the GOP implode in on itself with the possibility of a civil war becoming more likely by the day .

The only way this gets better is if Trump starts telling off the party and causes a fracture between his die hard anti establishment supporters, and the fiscal conservative voters who are simply holding their noses at the moment. The great thing is with all the politicians now disavowing Trump I think it will happen soon.

His most recent tweet calling out the media and the establishment means he's already well on his way to calling out all the GOP congress men and women who dropped their support.

GOP split means DNC dominance in years to come.

Will the Deplorables flow to Libertarians? They are somewhat philosophically similar

Another particularly vulgar example of Trump’s boorish behavior came in 2012 when he offered to show attorney Gloria Allred his manhood—and then questioned the gender identity of the lawyer who famously crusades on behalf of her female clients.
The uncouth remarks came about as a result of a spat over another Miss Universe pageant. A trans contestant, Jenna Talackova, was initially barred from competing in the Miss Universe Canada event due to pageant rules stipulating that the contestants needed to be “naturally born” women. She enlisted the help of Allred to challenge the rule, and Trump, who owned Miss Universe at the time. Trump relented and allowed her to compete but not before engaging in quite a lurid exchange of words about Allred and the client she represented.
It’s one of any number of instances in which Trump has shown off sexist behavior, including a recently unearthed case in which he threatened to fire female employees of a California golf club if they weren’t attractive enough.
“This is really about exclusion from a business opportunity,” Allred told The Daily Beast as she reflecting on the Talackova incident. She said she couldn’t recall whether or not Trump had made sexist remarks at the time to other contestants.
During a press conference in April, 2012 as Allred laid out Talackova’s case, she snarkily tried to expose the double standard at work.
“She did not ask Mr. Trump to prove that he is a naturally born man,” Allred said of her client as cameras snapped. “Or to see the photos of his birth, to view his anatomy to prove that he was male. It made no difference to her. Why should it have made a difference to him?”
Trump, forever incapable of turning away from obvious bait, hit back in a nasty call with TMZ.
Before even being asked a question, Trump said: “I think Gloria would be very very impressed with me, I really do,” referring to his penis with the subtlety of a train crashing through a building.
“I think she’d have a whole brand new image of Donald Trump,” he continued through the laughter of the TMZ staff. He went on to say that Talackova could compete if she chose to do so but joked that he might have changed his mind if he knew that Allred was involved.
But when asked if he would apologize for the incident, Trump answered: of course not.
“If she competes that’s wonderful and if she doesn’t want to compete because maybe she thinks she can’t win, that’s fine also,” Trump said. “I couldn’t care less.”

“Jenna changed her name from Walter to Page and then to Jenna so that now her name is Jenna Talackova,” he tweeted. “If you take the first 3 letters from Talackova and add them to Jenna, it’s Jennatal (genital?). Is there something a little strange going on here? In any event, I have given the okay for her to compete in the Miss Universe Canada Pageant. It will be a wild evening with ticket sales through the roof—lots of interest!”

A spokesperson for Talackova did not respond to a request for an interview.

But Trump wasn’t done there. He also openly speculated about Allred’s gender.

“I made my decision to allow Jenna Talackova to participate in Miss Universe Canada two days before Gloria Allred got involved,” he tweeted on April 9, 2012. “I hope Jenna is not paying Gloria a fee other than all the free publicity that Gloria is getting for no reason. Gloria actually hurts Jenna—— I do nothing for Gloria, who in my opinion is a third rate lawyer. Is Gloria a man or a woman????—— few men would know the answer to that one.”

Vomiting.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...it-all-to-gloria-allred.html?via=twitter_page

Nope, they were a minority. The majority vote was split between Rubio, Cruz, and then the rest of the lot.

Trump won quite a few primaries with 35% of the vote or so.

I would consider a good chunk of the Cruz crowd to not be Buckleyites and much more firmly in the Trumpkin crowd, when measured.

The GOP primary voting base goes:

White nationalists: 40%
Religious people that hate Muslim, women, and gays: 35%
Rich people that want lower taxes: 25%

You can run a white nationalist campaign that breaks 50% in the primary as long as you really hate Muslims.

Anyway, Ted Cruz's political career is done:

I'm hearing there are discussions in Cruz world about the possibility of taking back his Trump endorsement.

https://twitter.com/RosieGray/status/784856232247103488

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-bottom-could-fall-out-for-trump/

"The bottom could fall out for Trump"

Nate Silver said:
Let’s not naively insist on taking a wait-and-see approach regarding the events of the past 24 hours. The revelation of a tape from 2005 in which Donald Trump was caught making a number of lewd comments about women, and seemed to condone unwanted sexual contact toward women, is bad news for Trump. (#Analysis.) It’s not going to help Trump to become president in a country in which 53 percent of voters are women.

kmag

The scary thing (for Trump) is that typically you don't go with your biggest and best opp research until really close to the election, this is probably just the 2nd tier stuff.

daveweigelVerified account
‏@daveweigel
Been following Sen. Blunt and talking to Missouri conservatives all day; can't find one who wants Trump to quit.

Dump Trump won't work-Trump doesn't want it and neither do the most likely GOP voters in this race. The GOP is cornered, which explains the lack of coordinated response and general 'hunker down' behavior.

Strimei

God, I stayed up until the sun came up reading the aftermath, and now I'm catching up on what happened since I was asleep (and then out running errands).

This is amazing. Even my cynical mother, who was all "I dunno...this will just blow over" last night is now having giggling fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom