• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Well, I guess you could write up a detailed plan, but I was just thinking napkin math, lol.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
I am still in awe of today. I cannot believe what happened actually happened. It's just beyond comprehension.

I'm also pissed. Because, the GOP doesn't give a shit if you attack immigrants, Muslims, or women of color. They only care if you attack white women....and only if it means you cannot win. And this is not okay!

Of course, I'm not going to look an orange turd in the mouth, because he'll probably spit Tic Tacs on me or whatever. But, seriously, ridiculous.
they don't care about white women either. See women's health/choice, victim blaming, lack of backing domestic violence laws, slut shaming etc. They cared that he got caught saying naughty words and is going to lose.

None of the people abandoning him have some suddden moral clarity on sexual assault.

Hazmat

That SNL opening was a little weak after doing pretty great last week, but this is so insane they basically can't be funnier than real life.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Keep in mind: the GOP focus grouped Trump bringing up Bill's infidelities to attack Hillary, and it was a complete disaster. If they're seriously doing this, we're in landslide territory.

Leave Ontario (13,873,933), Québec (8,294,656), BC (4,707,021), Alberta (4,231,959).

Merge Saskatchewan and Manitoba into Saskatoba (2,446,466).

Merge Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and PEI (2,375,828).

Make Alaska big again by joining the NWT, Yukon, and Nunavut to it (+118,658 for about 857,000 total).

6 states.

Y'all got it twisted. Canada is taking over us, not the other way around.

50 provinces. Learn to love hockey and bagged milk.

I think John Boozman likes Trump.
CuRT7IXUkAA228T.jpg

Nice stuff from Alec. His Trump is growing on me. But Atamaniuk is easily the winner of Trump impressions. No one pulls off the stream of bullshit that comes out of the man's mouth along with the facial expressions and gestures better than him.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also, a huge LOL at the GOP fantasizing about Pence dropping out, that move inexplicably somehow forcing Trump to drop, and then Pence coming back in.

In what universe would Trump do that? Why wouldn't he just bring on a new VP?

Boke1879

Also, a huge LOL at the GOP fantasizing about Pence dropping out, that move inexplicably somehow forcing Trump to drop, and then Pence coming back in.

Exactly and knowing Trump he'd actually love for this to happen. Him being on the ticketby himself? Oh man he'd play that up

The fantasy is actually more complicated! It's that Trump drops out and they convince voters that all the votes are actually going to Pence and then a mass faithless elector event occurs in favor of Pence.

He's got plenty of surrogates who would take the spot right now.

NeoXChaos

Josh Marshall ‏@joshtpm 1h1 hour ago
8: from one side or another in that conflict. I do not see how you do.

7: to be an almost impossible task. If the party is split down the middle over Trump, how do you avoid sizable dropoffs in the vote ...

6: last 24 hrs. That seems likely to spur open and massive conflict w/i the party. And for anyone in a competitive seat that's going ...

5: GOP over recent months has been to largely keep Trump and anti Trump Republicans living under one roof. That no longer seems possible...

4: the base of their party stands. I'm pretty sure it's w Trump. But some problems do not have solutions. The relative success of the ...

Josh Marshall ‏@joshtpm 2h2 hours ago
3: undoubtedly seeing overnight polls showing them cratering. I suspect that caught in a rapid turn of events they've yet to think where...

2: demoralized and stay home. It's structural. Party leadership is in midst of abandoning Trump. Not quite there yet but close. They're ...

1: The key here with regards to Congress is not that fury over Trump will make everyone stop being Republicans or that people will be ...

Just realized Jon Huntsman endorsed Trump last week. I didn't agree with Jon on everything, but really thought he was one of the good ones in the party. Very disappointing. :(

I agree. I respected huntsman and thought he could be the strongest off all replican candidates. I was bummed when I heard he endorsed.

Plinko

I think Trump would just make one of his kids VP if Pence dropped.

At some point I'm sure Trump will realize that he could single-handedly destroy the GOP, if he hasn't already. That mess in Wisconsin probably gave him the biggest shit-eating grin. If I'm Trump I start getting my supporters to start heckling GOPers that have "betrayed me" and just spend the next month living off the high of watching my little minions destroy my enemies.

Plinko

Are we seriously going to get one Trump story a day this month? My goodness.

So, I really don't get the panic. Because, Trump won't quit. They can't replace him. He can only make an ass of himself tomorrow. She can take the high ground. The gender gap is going to explode. We're going to take the Senate. And, like, get damn close to the House too. We got this fam. We gonna do great things.

I read this in Howard Dean's "haaaaa-aaaaarrrggghhh!" voice.

Pence is coming to Charlotte on Monday. Not sure why.

Indiana Gov. Mike Pence, the Republican vice presidential nominee, will hold a rally in Charlotte at 1 p.m. Monday, the campaign announced Saturday evening.

Pence will speak at centerstage@noda, 2315 N Davidson St. Doors open at 10 a.m.

Pence’s Charlotte visit comes as presidential nominee Donald Trump comes under widespread criticism from party leaders following the release of a video showing him speaking about women in vulgar sexual terms. It also will follow Sunday’s widely anticipated second debate between Trump and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article107040732.html#storylink=cpy

Bowdz

Remember when Kevin McCarthy came out to say he wasn't going to run for Speaker and there were reports of Republicans crying in the broom closets because they didn't know what was happening? I wonder what's going on at the RNC right now.

Cyanity

Banned
Remember when Kevin McCarthy came out to say he wasn't going to run for Speaker and there were reports of Republicans crying in the broom closets because they didn't know what was happening? I wonder what's going on at the RNC right now.

Just the thought of some of the shittier bigoted republicans slipping off into a quiet room to cry is giving me a PoliBoner

Pure damage control. Priebus is desperate to find a way to keep the virus from spreading downticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom