• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Pence knows trump will win the debate and is getting back at it Monday after taking a principled pause in order to show his strong values.

I was a lazy millennial piece of shit who stayed home in 2012 but I can now say with confidence that I'm registered to vote! Gonna do my part to turn Missouri blue!

So, once this shitstorm crashes on the shore in November, my guess is Priebus is done. In fact, probably the only reason he hasn't been shitcanned already is because it would just add to the chaos. My question is this: Does he go quietly into the night, or does he name and shame scorched-earth style so he can take as many of the bastards with him as he can on his way out the door?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I cannot fathom any way Trump comes out better after the debate tomorrow night if he is attacking Hillary about Bill.

CuTH15CWYAA_L1k.jpg

Pixieking

Banned
So, once this shitstorm crashes on the shore in November, my guess is Priebus is done. In fact, probably the only reason he hasn't been shitcanned already is because it would just add to the chaos. My question is this: Does he go quietly into the night, or does he name and shame scorched-earth style so he can take as many of the bastards with him as he can on his way out the door?

I don't think he'll go quietly... He'll want to take as many people out as possible who contributed to his downfall, especially if they're pro-Trump, as that way puts him into the history books as someone who potentially helped rescue the GOP. Name-and-shame the extremists within the party to force them out... Though that may just make them stand-up stronger in the party, and force the moderates out.

I can see the GOP splintering into two separate parties after this - moderates and Tea Party.

He doesn't have to make himself come out better; he just needs to make Hillary come out worse :\

There''s no way she can come out worse, and if Trump blames her for what Bill did, she comes out orders of magnitude better.

sazzy

This is the best thing that could happen.

Never Trumpers ignore the top and vote only on down ballot races.

Always Trumpers vote for the top and ignore all the down ballot races.

It would be a DISASTER for the GOP.

If you know any Trump fans, encourage them to follow this route.

QNJimY.png

Bronx-Man

Banned

QNJimY.png

This election couldn't have possibly gone better.

QNJimY.png

I believe I may have been born at just the right era in history

QNJimY.png
A good chunk of the nevers just aren't going to vote, either.

A national coordinated GOTV operation for downballot races has never happened before. It's why Democrats flop in midterms.

I don't think he'll go quietly... He'll want to take as many people out as possible who contributed to his downfall, especially if they're pro-Trump, as that way puts him into the history books as someone who potentially helped rescue the GOP. Name-and-shame the extremists within the party to force them out... Though that may just make them stand-up stronger in the party, and force the moderates out.

I can see the GOP splintering into two separate parties after this - moderates and Tea Party.

That's my take, too. RNC will try to tie Trump around Priebus' neck so that they can distance themselves from it, but Priebus won't stand for being remembered as the first mate on the RMS Trumptanic, so he'll self-detonate the party. The GOP will be splintered for years to come.

After we elect Hillary, we merge with Canada.
I'd be fine with this, but Canada deserves better. Plus, I don't think the American team could win the compulsory moose riding races.

For years I've had this fantasy that once WI and MI all have Democrats back in charge at the state level we can combine with MN and the Chicago area of IL and formally request admittance to Canada.
NBC had the tape Monday night but was scared about lawsuits
That's... sorta depressing.

QNJimY.png

I've seen this sentiment from a number of people now. My god if it becomes a trend.

Leave Ontario (13,873,933), Québec (8,294,656), BC (4,707,021), Alberta (4,231,959).

Merge Saskatchewan and Manitoba into Saskatoba (2,446,466).

Merge Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and PEI (2,375,828).

Make Alaska big again by joining the NWT, Yukon, and Nunavut to it (+118,658 for about 857,000 total).

6 states.

Minimum population for statehood is 60K or 100K. It would be 10 new states (or 11).

The guy leading the gubernatorial race and the woman leading the resident commissioner race for Puerto Rico are very pro statehood, even walking around with a 51 flag star. I wanna see new states joining the union in my lifetime. It's been well over 50 years damnit.

General Michael Flynn might be named Trump's running mate on Monday and he's hacking fucking GamerGaters' books right now.

Follow Mike @Cernovich He has a terrific book, Gorilla Mindset. Well worth the read. @realDonaldTrump will win on 8 NOV!!!

https://twitter.com/GenFlynn/status/784960592507305984

Mike Cernovich is a date rape truther, the creator of the conspiracy theory that Hillary suffers from Parkinson's, and became politically famous for stalking a then homeless Zoe Quinn over video games.

QNJimY.png

DON'T LISTEN TO THEIR THREATS RYAN. You can beat Trump and you know it!

If this happens

Kill the fillibuster

Go nuclear
Bang boom bizzop

Pass a climate bill, public option, raise minimum wage, paid family leave, student loan reform, immigration reform, big jobs bill (infrastructure and other shit), McCain-Feingold 2, new VRA, criminal justice reform, other shit

Ecotic

NBC had the tape Monday night but was scared about lawsuits. Thiel is the one who brought down Gawker and he is also a Trump guy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...c6850e-8db9-11e6-875e-2c1bfe943b66_story.html

That's fascinating to think what would have happened if it aired this past Monday and filled prime-time news coverage all week. The story as is aired on a dead Friday evening and had to compete with Hurricane Matthew and the wikileaks emails. Yet it still caught on.

pigeon

Banned
The only sad thing about all of this is that now we'll never know which polling aggregator was actually most accurate. They'll all be saying the same thing once the polls settle.

NBC probably had the additional concern that they were recording him without his knowledge. Washington Post just needed to be sure that it was real.

NBC could have turned the VP debate into the most viewed VP debate of all time. Ratings bonanza.

Though I imagine Kaine might have been out there alone with Elaine.

(Elaine & Kaine. Sounds like a new sitcom.)

The only sad thing about all of this is that now we'll never know which polling aggregator was actually most accurate. They'll all be saying the same thing once the polls settle.

You shouldn't be judging models just by the final result anyway. The same way with polls or else Rasmussen would be respectable.

Sibylus

Banned
Flop, NBC. Flop.

Minimum population for statehood is 60K or 100K. It would be 10 new states (or 11).

The guy leading the gubernatorial race and the woman leading the resident commissioner race for Puerto Rico are very pro statehood, even walking around with a 51 flag star. I wanna see new states joining the union in my lifetime. It's been well over 50 years damnit.

Sounds good, just lump all the barren north into Alaska. Too few people in Canada's north to warrant such divisions.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
NBC probably had the additional concern that they were recording him without his knowledge. Washington Post just needed to be sure that it was real.

That's probably what their issue was. Depending on the state they could get in trouble for recording something without either member of the conversation knowing then releasing it. For example, in New York one side of the conversation needs to know it's being recorded (so if Billy Bush, or someone else talking, knew and it took place here they'd be fine legally).

The Post didn't need to worry about that at all since they didn't make the recording.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom