• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York sends out Trump while Cali is about to bring Kamala Harris to the national stage and Presidency.

California stay winnin.' Eat it, B-Dubs.

Cerium

New York never elected Trump to anything, California gave the world Ronald Reagan.

Hillary also claims New York as her political home state.

Debirudog

it seems like what Kaine set out to do was successful.

from what i've seen, Trumps base has been on the defense on immigration, his tax shit and russia non-stop.

so that's good going into the town hall.

Starting to question if Pence really won on anything. Long term effects matter a hell lot more.

Fat4all

Banned
Starting to question if Pence really won on anything. Long term effects matter a hell lot more.

while Pence ended up arguably looking better at the debate, that's all that's left for the VP's to really "do" for this election cycle now.

And the debate seems to of given Hillarys camp much more ammo than Trumps. I can already see the commercials airing in late october/early november of Kaine talking about how even Pence isn't defending Trump, and Pence just shaking his head and laughing.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
New York never elected Trump to anything, California gave the world Ronald Reagan.

Hillary also claims New York as her political home state.

Yeah, but New York actually has a Winter. Automatic fail.

kmag

Pence won on starting the firing gun for his run at the Republican nomination in 2020. Given Cruz's behavior Pence has probably manged to position himself as the presumptive frontrunner at this point (and I think this time around the republican funders don't let the field get too fractured if they can help it and coalesce around a pool of three or four)

Basically Pence set out to do exactly what he needed to. Get through 90 minutes sounding credible to the base without saying anything which ties him too strongly to Trumps anchor and especially without saying anything which defines him as a nutball to the wider electorate.

Cerium

I think Pence's chances in 2020 are overrated.

The Republican primary electorate proved that they're crazy and they want someone as flamboyantly crazy as they are. Pence is too boring, his brand of evil too banal.

Syncytia

I think Pence's chances in 2020 are overrated.

The Republican primary electorate proved that they're crazy and they want someone as flamboyantly crazy as they are. Pence is too boring, his brand of evil too banal.

Agreed. I think I do want to see him and Cruz go at it though. After the election most of the party will pretend this never happened or downplay the whole thing. Trump will most likely go full on crazy man child continuously for 4 years in an attempt to remain relevant. Being on the ticket hurts Pence much more than that debate helps him. And there's plenty besides Trump to hit Pence on.

sazzy

Colbert and Seth Meyer's segments last night seemed to suggest that Pence winning the debate - and hence seeming more presidential than Donald - might be another bait.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I don't think Nate's post is that bad. He's saying 75% clinton win, 25% clinton loss. That aligns with his model basically.

Crystal Ball becoming a bit of a joke, with these knee-jerk reactions to polls (before and now):

CuE8uHlUMAASIex.jpg:large

Emerson has Abuela up in Arizona (+2).

Oh look, TRENDZZZZZZ:

Clinton +2 in OH, Anzalone Lizst (Dem Pollster): https://www.scribd.com/document/326...e-for-the-Ohio-Education-Association-Oct-2016

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I prefer my steaks medium-well and don't appreciate being treated like a second-class citizen. My Uncle Kermit is a self-taught lawyer and he said if you guys don't lay off you'll spent the rest of your lives in jail. So don't make me call him.

Are we expecting any important polls today?

Also, I'm concerned Florida might become difficult to poll after the hurricane and we will be flying blind for a while.

Cyanity

Banned
Medium rare is the "correct" way to eat steak. Ideally cooked in a sous vide and then pan seared for a few seconds on each side. Pink (but cooked!) all the way through with the thinnest of browning on the edges. Fuckin' fantastic.

Medium rare is the "correct" way to eat steak. Ideally cooked in a sous vide and then pan seared for a few seconds on each side. Pink (but cooked!) all the way through with the thinnest of browning on the edges. Fuckin' fantastic.

See, now I understand why that steak thread in OT was so long. Because, to me, you're describing a medium steak.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister

There's no "correct" way to cook steak. Plenty of room for variation in taste ...

Steak should be well done and with ketchup.
Come at me.

... except for this. #NeverWellDone

I wonder what happened to Adam as a child that damaged the way he consumed food forever.

It must have been truly horrible. Perhaps we should not pry. Just... if you need to talk, Adam, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom