• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Why is No one reporting on this steak stuff? I bet most people don't know about it. People should report on this. Where is Hillary?

Diablos

I prefer steak well done but I can do medium as well. But nothing lower.

I've offended people by requesting steak well done. I find that to be hilarious. We all have our preferences.

Steak should be well done and with ketchup.
Come at me.

0E8n092.gif

I prefer steak well done but I can do medium as well. But nothing lower.

I've offended people by requesting steak well done. I find that to be hilarious. We all have our preferences.

Many years ago, I went out with a girlfriend's family to celebrate her father's birthday. We went to a steakhouse in town that I really liked and was really excited to go because I thought I was getting a free steak.

They were very much a rare steak blood-in-the-potatoes family and it made me sick to my stomach, but I never said anything about it. Then we were all ordering at the steakhouse and I ordered my steak "medium-well." The sudden, visceral, reaction I received from the party of ten diners was so intense that the waitress excused herself and said she would come back in a few minutes.

The mother, a vile woman by every measure, said "if you're going to eat shoe leather, you can pay for it." The whole table agreed. My actual girlfriend said nothing, blissfully uninvolved in the whipping I was receiving. The father, who liked me but was definitely not my friend, said "we are at a NICE steakhouse that serves GOOD STEAKS and you're ruining yours."

For the entire dinner, people kept making fun of me. "How's your steak, Anthony? Is it good?" and the whole table would laugh. It was insane. I was a sideshow to these people.

When it came time to pay, there were two checks. One for everyone else's and one for mine.

Cyanity

Banned
Now I want to see a Trump Steak attack ad. And could go for a steak and cheese sub. Fuck it GAF, you've made me hungry.

My fiance has tried to get me to eat steak not well done. I can manage no ketchup if I have to, but if there's more than a tiny tiny bit of pink, I'm outie 5000.

Diablos

Many years ago, I went out with a girlfriend's family to celebrate her father's birthday. We went to a steakhouse in town that I really liked and was really excited to go because I thought I was getting a free steak.

They were very much a rare steak blood-in-the-potatoes family and it made me sick to my stomach, but I never said anything about it. Then we were all ordering at the steakhouse and I ordered my steak "medium-well." The sudden, visceral, reaction I received from the party of ten diners was so intense that the waitress excused herself and said she would come back in a few minutes.

The mother, a vile woman by every measure, said "if you're going to eat shoe leather, you can pay for it." The whole table agreed. My actual girlfriend said nothing, blissfully uninvolved in the whipping I was receiving. The father, who liked me but was definitely not my friend, said "we are at a NICE steakhouse that serves GOOD STEAKS and you're ruining yours."

For the entire dinner, people kept making fun of me. "How's your steak, Anthony? Is it good?" and the whole table would laugh. It was insane. I was a sideshow to these people.

When it came time to pay, there were two checks. One for everyone else's and one for mine.
I'm sorry but that's so ridiculous. Of all the things to get upset at someone over...

You said steak, not steak-ums.

Steakums come well done, frozen and they ask you to cook it.

I make a steakums casserole. I make beef dressing (or stuffing if you're not country like me) and then I wrap the steakums around balls of dressing. I cover the whole thing with gravy. So good.

Wow even Joe knows that the Q PA poll is crap and he likes Toomey.
Quinnipiac has this amazing ability to find way too many white people. It's a gift, really.

That strawberry dump salad looks like ambrosia. Which, is a southern thing. Cause I'm country af apparently.

Cyanity

Banned
Just got into a screaming shitfest with my Boss who thinks that overpopulation is a huge problem (it isn't really anymore, at least compared to the 90's) and that we should mandate poor people to only have 1 kid once in wedlock. Tried to explain to him that these birth mandates don't work and ruin families, and regardless, population has been plateauing over the past decade, and he just doesm't want to hear it. He started shushing me when I tried to point out that education is far more effective than these mandates and I kind of snapped, whoops

Who the hell are these people? Good heavens.

Diablos

Just got into a screaming shitfest with my Boss who thinks that overpopulation is a huge problem (it isn't really anymore, at least compared to the 90's) and that we should mandate poor people to only have 1 kid once in wedlock. Tried to explain to him that these birth mandates don't work and ruin families, and regardless, population has been plateauing over the past decade, and he just doesm't want to hear it. He started shushing me when I tried to point out that education is far more effective than these mandates and I kind of snapped, whoops
You're fired

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If trump went to fl and Hillary didn't I'd wonder what her campaign was doing.

But also um will they cancel the debate?

Who the hell are these people? Good heavens.

They were terrible. The girl and I dated for a little over a year, but it was the worse relationship I ever had. At the time, I thought sticking with your partner through all the drama was part of "being a man" and it was okay to be miserable as long as she said she loved me.

But I learned a lot. I am much better socialized now and I stand by my steaks.

I really thought the VP debate would have brought up another mini-cycle of HORSE RACE but turns out that it's not true. No one really cares about the VP debate, and the Clinton campaign got their clips of Pence not defending Trump.

Hurricane Roommate will most likely dominate everything until the Town Hall but I gotta say, I'm curious to see what Trump thinks is "preparedness" tonight.

Preview -
Audience member: "Trump why are you so great, and why is Hillary the devil?"

Trump says he won't bring up 'Bill Clinton's past' at debate

Donald Trump said in an interview published Thursday that he will not bring up former President Bill Clinton’s infidelity at the next presidential debate, despite threatening to do so after a shaky performance in the first debate.

“I want to win this election on my policies for the future, not on Bill Clinton’s past,” Trump told Page Six. “Jobs, trade, ending illegal immigration, veteran care, and strengthening our military is what I really want to be talking about.”

thefro

Are we expecting any important polls today?

Also, I'm concerned Florida might become difficult to poll after the hurricane and we will be flying blind for a while.

I'm pretty sure the Clinton campaign actually has had a plan for months in case of a hurricane in FL/NC.

My fiance has tried to get me to eat steak not well done. I can manage no ketchup if I have to, but if there's more than a tiny tiny bit of pink, I'm outie 5000.

I'd look up the science on it. It's still cooked and kills all the bacteria if it's a little pink in the middle. I started with "medium-well" and have moved to "medium".

It's a shame Obama probably won't be able to campaign for a little bit as it would look really bad to do that instead of focusing on the possible destruction in Florida.

I hope that loop model isn't accurate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom