• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
I volunteered today for the Democrats and will hopefully be doing door-to-door next week.

There's still a month before election day, and Clinton isn't the only Democrat running here.

Dierce

Donald is not going to be able to attack Clinton on Bill's past and here's why:

If you have nukes, you don't need to bluster about having nukes and attacking people, like N.Korea. Everyone knows you have nukes, and they stay clear of you.

When you have a dud missile, like N. Korea, you hype up BS about your nukes, and they end up crashing into the Pacific in the end.

This man says his best strategy to defeat ISIS is the element of surprise. Yet, he broadcasts his top strategy for his biggest political opponent for weeks on end in interviews, twitter and tv?

HA!

This is precisely what I think as well. It is a campaign strategy by Bannon. They want the media to think he will talk about Bill during the debate in order to then come out and say he was restrained and 'presidential'. My bet is on him not mentioning Bill at all. I'm completely sure of it.

Teggy

I give you the be all and end all of mansplaining.

David Bussone
David Bussone‏ @DEBussone

@KirstenPowers Normally I give you a pass. Not this time. The vagina is internal. Check an anatomy book. It cannot be grabbed. #MAGA

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Adding to the uncertainty:
Hillary's data/GOTV machine is amazing. Trump's is a joke. We've never seen such a disparity in a modern campaign. We don't know if it's worth 1%, 2%, 5%? This is a huge, overlooked question mark over the whole campaign.

Ah yes, meant to raise that too. As you say that could introduce a meaningful bump in this alone.

All up, while the polling is suggesting a comfortable win, the underlying possibility of a blowout is there based on all these other factors.

Woah... Just saw on the CNN ticker..

"Chris Christie was supposed to lead the Trump Debate Prep, will not be at the Debate tonight."
D6R4l3U.gif

HylianTom

Banned
Ah yes, meant to raise that too. As you say that could introduce a meaningful bump in this alone.

All up, while the polling is suggesting a comfortable win, the underlying possibility of a blowout is there based on all these other factors.

It adds a fun kind of uncertainty for Election Night: we know we're going to win. We just don't quite know how big, so there could be some pleasant surprises through the evening.

I'm excited!

Strimei

BOGO dozen donuts at Crispy Cream, son.

I would skip the debate too. Crispy Creams are like Jesus in a delicious doughy form.

Ok, I have to ask, why do people seem to sing the praises of Crispy Cream?

My area didn't have any when I was a kid and finally they did. I tried one. It was ok. Nothing special. I've had better doughnuts.

Maybe if I grew up with it.

Zukkoyaki

Someone here might be able to fill me in...

Wasn't there a point in time where Chris Christie was actually pretty well liked by New Jersey and conservatives? Obviously before the bridge thing but based on the way he carries himself and I can't picture the dude ever being likeable.

BiggNife

I am still fucking blown away at how different the election looks now compared to two weeks ago. Like, I expected things to change, but not THIS much.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Wasn't there a point in time where Chris Christie was actually pretty well liked by New Jersey and conservatives? Obviously before the bridge thing but based on the way he carries himself and I can't picture the dude ever being likeable.

He's the classic Jersey asshole is all.

Zukkoyaki

My area didn't have any when I was a kid and finally they did. I tried one. It was ok. Nothing special. I've had better doughnuts.

For me it was because we didn't have one nearby. So whenever I got to eat some I guess I had it in my ahead that it was a special occasion and treat which made it seem more amazing than it probably actually was/is.

I volunteered today for the Democrats and will hopefully be doing door-to-door next week.

There's still a month before election day, and Clinton isn't the only Democrat running here.
Not sure if you've gone canvassing before, but it can be surprisingly fun! Occasionally you get people who are just assholes but often times people are pretty hilarious. We got one guy who wanted to know which party Obama was from, so he could vote for them because he liked Obama. One time I got an elderly women who yelled at her disabled son to come talk to me and then proceeded to tell me that we should merely be grateful they're voting because of "the presidential bullshit" and that I had no right to know who they were voting for.

Joeytj

Banned

"Chris Christie was supposed to lead the Trump Debate Prep, will not be at the Debate tonight."

Oh man, that means he's just listening now to... who? Giuliani? Bannon? Newt? Who the hell knows.

This is going to be a shit show for Trump.

Like always, I'm nervous, although I'm obviously less worried than in the run up to the first debate. But still, Hillary can put the election to rest tonight and prepare the Dems for a landslide.

The worst than can happen, of course, is a tie or a slight Trump win, but even that won't protect the Donald from the oncoming avalanche of more videotapes and leaks that are on the way.

Xis

1. It's Krispy Kreme.
2. Their basic glazed donuts are great, they practically melt in your mouth. They aren't anything fancy though; other vendors probably make a similar product.

BiggNife

As a New Jerseyan, I can say he was super well liked up to Bridgegate unless you were a teacher

He defunded education considerably to put the money into other programs, which pissed the fuck out of teachers but was praised by everyone else

He won his second term super easily and a lot of people saw him as the shining star of the GOP

Then Bridgegate happened and he got revealed as a scummy piece of shit

As someone who comes from a family of teachers I've hated him since the beginning

Conservatives turned on him when during Hurricane Sandy for being friendly to Obama.

I'm serious.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery

I never would have expected someone like Christie to be willing to burn bridges like that.

Strimei

For me it was because we didn't have one nearby. So whenever I got to eat some I guess I had it in my ahead that it was a special occasion and treat which made it seem more amazing than it probably actually was/is.

Ah that could do it, especially if you saw it as a special occasion thing. There was a local pizza chain around where my grandparents lived (where I live now, too, so I can get it all the time) that probably would make people go "Its good but I've had better" too, but since it was a special occasion thing, I like it better.

1. It's Krispy Kreme.
2. Their basic glazed donuts are great, they practically melt in your mouth. They aren't anything fancy though; other vendors probably make a similar product.

I thought I was spelling it wrong, hah.

Also a factor may be that I've never been a fan of basic glazed. I like sprinkles and stuffs.

(And crullers)

BiggNife

As far as doughnut chains go, Krispy Kreme definitely has better doughnuts than Dunkin or Tim Hortons assuming you like glazed doughnuts. Their raspberry filled doughnut is a guilty pleasure of mine.

Having said that, no nationwide doughnut chain holds a candle to a local bakery/doughnut shop.

BiggNife

Conservatives turned on him when during Hurricane Sandy for being friendly to Obama.

I'm serious.

This hurt his reputation a little bit but he still would have recovered from it and been a real contender this year if it wasn't for bridgegate

it cannot be overstated how big of a deal bridgegate was. It's the kind of thing that ruins careers permanently.

Having said that, no nationwide doughnut chain holds a candle to a local bakery/doughnut shop.

There's a local bakery in VT that makes Glazed Doughnuts that are at least as good as Krispy Kreme's. They also make Chocolate Glazed, Blueberry, and Maple Glaze--all of which are better than any I've had before.

This hurt his reputation a little bit but he still would have recovered from it and been a real contender this year if it wasn't for bridgegate

it cannot be overstated how big of a deal bridgegate was. It's the kind of thing that ruins careers permanently.

Yeah it's the bridge that did him in nationally. But "conservatives" on the internet went bonkers on him during Sandy. Instant RINO for.... getting help for his state from a Democrat. lol.

sazzy

rachel laughing in donald's surrogate's face when the surrogate says that she feels sorry for mook for having to deal with the wikileaks nightmare.

Veelk

Banned
The thing about Trump showing up to the 3rd debate is that there are 2 valid ego-driven narratives that can happen for both situations.

He can either just be stubborn and go "I'm definitely winning, they're all lying, and fuck these people who say it's over, I'm going all the way!!!!!"

Or he can be defeatist and go "This whole thing is bullshit and rigged. I'm a winner, and I'm done letting these fools try and play me off. The only real winning move here is not to play, so I won't."

I don't really care though. He's done as of this weekend, so I'm good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom