• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hillary can pivot easily from transcript question. After giving her canned response, throw in "once again Russia shows its level of arrogance by trying to interfere our election by using it's friends in Wikileaks. Same Russia who by the way, Trump asked to hack our servers and said Putin is better than Obama"

Is there actually bed wetting in here. Let's run this down:

-He's been under tremendous stress since Friday

-Has not preped for this debate

-Flubbed a softball dress rehearsal

-Is waging war against his own party

-Probably had not slept since Friday

Under these circumstances even the most polished debater would be struggling to keep it together. The only variable is how badly he is going to do.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
You know what the best part about tonight's debate is? We will no longer have to go in worrying about the possibility of lowered expectations helping Trump. Since Friday, every major media outlet has been trashing Trump and his minions. No matter how well he performs tonight, you're not going to see any mainstream journalists and anchors talking about how Trump did "better than expected". The only way Trump comes out of this smelling like a rose is if Hillary fucks up royally somehow.

Sibylus

Banned
Even if she does pass out, honestly Trump will say some absurd shit and at worst, it's called a draw.

I mean, people here suddenly think Trump will be imbued with the spirit of Abraham Lincoln cutting his second inaugural speech or some fucking bullshit every time. And every time, Trump acts like he's acted for decades of his life.

Yup. People need to stop freaking out about a hyper-competent Don just popping out of the woodwork. We haven't seen it at all in a year, and we haven't seen it in 70 years before that. This is Donald Trump. This was his shot.

sazzy

I made this for the first debate (with a diff logo)

Its way more appropriate now.

uru37R.png

Got the album recently. I like it too; didn't even notice the right wing sentiment in the lyrics, but it's not like that detracts from the quality of the songs for me.

But man, Dave Mustaine's vocal range is just gone compared to the late 80s and early 90s stuff. It's a real shame, even if it overall works here.
Great songs definitely their best since Rust in Peace imo but the lyrics to things like "The Threat is Real" "Post American World" and "Death From Within" are pretty questionable, the former and latter most definitely being anti immigrant.

As for his vocal range, he has metal rattling around in his throat (numerous puns unintended) but he recently did an interview saying surgery has apparently fixed his range so we'll see. Either way the dude is get up there and never had good technique anyway. Also crazy to see what he turned into, don't have anything against him but in Megadeth's early days i hear he was pretty leftist and was also anti religious. Now hes the exact opposite and a born again Christian.

Tamanon

Banned
Clinton campaign has been good about keeping their powder dry. I'm sure Hillary will have something slightly new(a la Machado) to drop in near the end.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
It depends how bad the debate goes for Hillary. If she wins, it will go quiet for a while. Otherwise oppo dump.

royalan

+Anderson Cooper is not a doormat. He's going to go hard on Trump's Iraq denial.

Anderson Cooper is absolutely a doormat when it comes to Donald Trump. When Donald Trump can rant for 3 minutes straight about Hillary having "bigoted policies" and you don't think to ask him one time what policies he's referring to, you know you're taking an L. He routinely lets Pants on Fire lies fly right on by unchecked.

Tonight will be Martha Raddatz doing the heavy lifting while Anderson Cooper does his best Zoolander impression into the camera.

Strimei

Why does everyone think more bombs will drop tomorrow?

I don't so much expect tomorrow as just sometime this week.

There's definitely more coming. There've been people in the know hinting it.

Hell, Trump said there's more coming. Even HE knows.

At this point I'm assuming Clinton will have an actual victim of sexual assault to throw out to Trump tonight. There's too much of a trail for them to not have found someone.

Amir0x

Banned
I just hope it comes on the eve of the third presidential debate, so we can have another hilarious weekend like this one.

HILLARY: My opponent is bad because he likes women durr (said very globalistly)

TRUMP: My compatriots, there is only a single profane trilogy that need pass my lips: William Jefferson Clinton.

HILLARY: Uhwahhhhhh nooo I wikileaked Benghazi (seizes from dementia cancer)

TRUMP: And now, to my dear America, I shall follow in the footsteps of Cincinnatus. My youthful indiscretions have been projected across the membrane of our social consciousness by the mendacious media. Though misleading, I understand my image is tainted. My cohort Michael Pence will assume the Office of the Presidency in my stead.

HILLARY: (coughs uncontrollably as a bald eagle carries her away as Soros watches and screams from his volcano lair)

I just hope it comes on the eve of the third presidential debate, so we can have another hilarious weekend like this one.

I just don't see how there can be a third debate if he continues to do horribly. I can see him not showing up for the last one.

Iolo

HILLARY: My opponent is bad because he likes women durr (said very globalistly)

TRUMP: My compatriots, there is only a single profane trilogy that need pass my lips: William Jefferson Clinton.

HILLARY: Uhwahhhhhh nooo I wikileaked Benghazi (seizes from dementia cancer)

TRUMP: And now, to my dear America, I shall follow in the footsteps of Cincinnatus. My youthful indiscretions have been projected across the membrane of our social consciousness by the mendacious media. Though misleading, I understand my image is tainted. My cohort Michael Pence will assume the Office of the Presidency in my stead.

HILLARY: (coughs uncontrollably as a bald eagle carries her away as Soros watches and screams from his volcano lair)

how the hell did you get the transcript already

Given that most, if not all, Republicans won't vote for Hillary, I don't think we'll see the true damage of this past week until the election itself, specifically the total voter turnout on the Right. I think a bunch of moderate Republicans will decide to not vote, and in polling, this should just mean that they slip below the LV screen, but if that screen is just based on past data instead of direct questions from the people sampled, then there could be people counted as LVs who won't show up (or won't vote Trump when they do).

Really interested to put a decent number to the business wing of the GOP that won't vote alt-right.

And to anyone talking about Trump turning this around, it's over. No one is going to flip-flop on an endorsement in less than 30 days. Everyone who's pulled out will stay that way until the election, and more are coming. The worst part of this whole thing for Clinton is that it happened over the weekend and a bunch of politicians are going to wait until tomorrow to officially respond (basically the less well-known ones who aren't online that much and still use traditional offices to do their PR). Tomorrow, regardless of tonight (but I really don't think it'll help Trump at all), a bunch more people are going to be all over the news announcing their withdrawn support.

I legitimately think we'll see Ryan drop support before the election. He'll wait until 2 days before it happens, but even his spineless ass knows that he can't hitch himself to this burning train.

I like how the pre-debate coverage has turned into a really weird version of college gameday. Can we get Wolf Blitzer to put on a donkey head an hour or so before the debate?

Amir0x

Banned
I just don't see how there can be a third debate if he continues to do horribly. I can see him not showing up for the last one.

People keep saying this, but i mean if the man shows up to the second debate after this pussy video drops... is there really anything that could stop his ego from going to the third? I think this man is what we think he is. A thin-skinned authoritarian xenophobe, racist, misogynist who really cant let anything go and thinks constantly running face first into every controversy is the right answer.

I bet even if Mike Pence dropped off the ticket and the RNC totally ended their fundraising deal with him and all Republicans in Congress unendorsed him, he would still show up for the third debate.

Edit: Also the Washington Post video thread is catching up to PoliGAF in posts haha

People keep saying this, but i mean if the man shows up to the second debate after this pussy video drops... is there really anything that could stop his ego from going to the third? I think this man is what we think he is. A thin-skinned authoritarian xenophobe, racist, misogynist who really cant let anything go and thinks constantly running face first into every controversy is the right answer.

I bet even if Mike Pence dropped off the ticket and the RNC totally ended their fundraising deal with him and all Republicans in Congress unendorsed him, he would still show up for the third debate.

He ditched one in the primaries, and I honestly think if tonight is bad, then he'll bail and just hold a ton of rallies. He'll talk up how much bigger his crowd was than Hillary's alone at the rigged debate with the very biased moderator from the establishment's Fox News.

It is frustrating that Clinton has baggage on so many issues that even when you're talking about sexual assault there's an out for Trump when he says but what about Bill. Clinton could win but it will always be by less than a better candidate. I don't think it's wrong to say Democrats made a mistake in clearing the way for her.
Clearing the way? Since when did Hillary Clinton not earn her nomination?

If there was a better candidate for this cycle, that candidate should have presented him or herself during the primary, fought for the nomination and won. You know, like our current President did 8 years ago. Martin O'Malley and the man from Vermont both failed to do that. If you're expressing regret that certain other democrats stepped aside instead of challenging HRC, then I submit that fear of going up against a formidable politician is an immediate indicator of someone who should not be running for President to begin with.

Clinton undeniably has baggage, and sure, she's more vulnerable in some areas than someone like Barack Obama would be. But I think it's a testament to her strength as a politician, her intelligence and her dedication that she is where she is despite those issues. Let's not forget the source of much of that baggage is the GOP, who have mounted a concerted effort spanning several decades through numerous smear campaigns and spent millions to knee cap her career. In Citizens United v. FEC we even had the Right literally altering fundamental aspects of our Government specifically to increase their ability to attack her.

But yet here we are. It's 2016 and all the lies, all the propaganda, all the dishonest media, all the bullshit is starting to look like it will be in vain. HRC being inaugurated will be the biggest fuck you to the Grand Old Party since a black family moved into the White House almost a decade ago, and a huge repudiation of the type of politics that have overtaken the Right. And it was earned, through hard work on her campaign's part and by the voters who pushed her through the Primary and who will hopefully push her through the GE. Don't discredit us that, Bam.

Boke1879

There's a reason Pence didn't show up to that event yesterday and isn't on the campaign schedule.

I really think a lot of them are waiting until after tonight.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
He ditched one in the primaries, and I honestly think if tonight is bad, then he'll bail and just hold a ton of rallies. He'll talk up how much bigger his crowd was than Hillary's alone at the rigged debate with the very biased moderator from the establishment's Fox News.

I could totally see him doing an on-air love fest with Sean Hannity at the same time as the final debate.

Amir0x

Banned

Yeah but there was nothing to be gained from that debate, he was in a position of power during the Republican primaries. You skip the third debate, you lose automatically and enrich the controversy. It says you're scared to be taken account of. It'd go against Trump's confrontational image, which is probably one of the few things that might even peel away a percentage point of his core supporters. They don't care about sexual assault, they care that their candidate might be a pussy (ho ho ho).

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
Given that most, if not all, Republicans won't vote for Hillary, I don't think we'll see the true damage of this past week until the election itself, specifically the total voter turnout on the Right. I think a bunch of moderate Republicans will decide to not vote, and in polling, this should just mean that they slip below the LV screen, but if that screen is just based on past data instead of direct questions from the people sampled, then there could be people counted as LVs who won't show up (or won't vote Trump when they do).

I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with a result which deviated quite a bit from the polls given there will be conservatives holding their nose and voting Hillary secretly, "moderate" secret racists voting Trump, scared conservatives voting in desperation, all talk no action Trump supporters who never voted before in the first place, and unenthusiastic fringe liberals and never Trump Republicans just staying home etc.

I'm confident of a Clinton win at this point, but the margin of that win will come down to how these various sorts of groups feel on election day.

HylianTom

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if we ended up with a result which deviated quite a bit from the polls given there will be conservatives holding their nose and voting Hillary secretly, "moderate" secret racists voting Trump, scared conservatives voting in desperation, all talk no action Trump supporters who never voted before in the first place, and unenthusiastic fringe liberals and never Trump Republicans just staying home etc.

I'm confident of a Clinton win at this point, but the margin of that win will come down to how these various sorts of groups feel on election day.

Adding to the uncertainty:
Hillary's data/GOTV machine is amazing. Trump's is a joke. We've never seen such a disparity in a modern campaign. We don't know if it's worth 1%, 2%, 5%? This is a huge, overlooked question mark over the whole campaign.

sazzy

Donald is not going to be able to attack Clinton on Bill's past and here's why:

If you have nukes, you don't need to bluster about having nukes and attacking people, like N.Korea. Everyone knows you have nukes, and they stay clear of you.

When you have a dud missile, like N. Korea, you hype up BS about your nukes, and they end up crashing into the Pacific in the end.

This man says his best strategy to defeat ISIS is the element of surprise. Yet, he broadcasts his top strategy for his biggest political opponent for weeks on end in interviews, twitter and tv?

HA!

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
So it appears the right-wing social media thing is now the, "I'm more offended by what Hillary did than what Trump said," totally ignoring the fact that Trump said he forces himself on women.

Vestal

Woah... Just saw on the CNN ticker..

"Chris Christie was supposed to lead the Trump Debate Prep, will not be at the Debate tonight."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom