• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Passed the Fox News building and watched the outside ticker as I past.

1. Hillary Clinton under fire for leaked DNC emails
2. Donald will not drop out, says he has never quit anything in his life
3. Mike Pence will not defend or answer for Donald's remarks towards women

Zukkoyaki

Just remembered that tonight's debate is at Wash U in St. Louis. I'll be in that area on Wednesday for a concert at The Pageant, a terrific music venue. Kind of nifty :p

Not sure if you've gone canvassing before, but it can be surprisingly fun! Occasionally you get people who are just assholes but often times people are pretty hilarious. We got one guy who wanted to know which party Obama was from, so he could vote for them because he liked Obama. One time I got an elderly women who yelled at her disabled son to come talk to me and then proceeded to tell me that we should merely be grateful they're voting because of "the presidential bullshit" and that I had no right to know who they were voting for.
I canvassed in Reno to register voters yesterday and while we didn't gain much ground (since we were kinda in a republican stronghold area), we got some interesting stories. One guy told my friends that as Hillary supporters, they were just like "Jews who supported Hitler before WW2". yeah white supremacists are far and wide.

Wilsongt

So it appears the right-wing social media thing is now the, "I'm more offended by what Hillary did than what Trump said," totally ignoring the fact that Trump said he forces himself on women.

I have seen that a couple of times on Facebook. I would love for these people to tell me what actual, horrible things Clinton has done that is worse than Trump. That isn't emaila, Benghazi, speeches, or the Foundation.

sazzy

Not gonna talk about it in the debate tho

He won't.

That's why he's doing this now, to hopefully get press coverage on this issue rather than the tapes.

I wouldn't be surprised if more than half the audience for the debate tunes in about an hour to half hour before the debate.

I canvassed in Reno to register voters yesterday and while we didn't gain much ground (since we were kinda in a republican stronghold area), we got some interesting stories. One guy told my friends that as Hillary supporters, they were just like "Jews who supported Hitler before WW2". yeah white supremacists are far and wide.

The older I get, the less faith I have in humanity, including my own family. Most people just suck.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Someone here might be able to fill me in...

Wasn't there a point in time where Chris Christie was actually pretty well liked by New Jersey and conservatives? Obviously before the bridge thing but based on the way he carries himself and I can't picture the dude ever being likeable.

Back around 2011/2012, he had a lot of hype behind him. His image was that he was the moderate republican that got shit done and the GOP practically begged him to run in that election.

Vestal

I never would have expected someone like Christie to be willing to burn bridges like that.

AirXUQe.gif

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Back around 2011/2012, he had a lot of hype behind him. His image was that he was the moderate republican that got shit done and the GOP practically begged him to run in that election.

That's because they ignored the fact he couldn't go two weeks without getting into a shouting match with someone on the Atlantic City boardwalk.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
omg, he's really going there LOL

Does he not remember that the GOP got their asses kicked because of this?!

I guess Bannon is the the guy in control now

shem935

Banned
Have you no sense of decency?

We talking about Trump here.

He is not going to mention it at all during the debates. This is all bait for the media in order to create a false narrative of competence while simultaneously rallying the ignorant base.

Narrative of confidence? More like narrative of insanity. If the debate is the most banal thing ever, this will overshadow it.

The media needs to go back and show the world exactly what Trump said about these allegations and some of these women when he was defending Bill and Hillary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom