• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Theoretically, Trump can't go any lower than this right? There's nothing else he can pull out?

21092b66785bde47a4bd37b0ad4f7ecec6cec47059e0eb2cb3078a08083165d7.jpg

Steve Shimdt and MIke Murphy have gotten my respect during this election cycle.

Joeytj

Banned
Campaign responding:

we are not surprised to see donald trump continue his destructive race to the bottom. hrc understands the opportunity of this town hall. this stunt doesn't change that. if DT doesnt see that, that's his loss. as always, hrc is prepared to handle.

Good, exactly. Trump is flailing, he has completely lost all sight of the bigger picture and the purpose of the town hall.

The damn fool wants to turn this into a reality tv show because that's the only way he can win, and wants Hillary to participate in it. But she must resist (she will).

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Crossposting from the main thread because I want this answered.

As scummy as Trump is for using these women, and as much as I am sympathetic to their distress at being victims of sexual harassment, I have to question: Why the hell are they there? Why agree to this?

Trump is literally the exact kind of guy that not only dismissed their claims, insulted them, but in all probability raped his own wife and possibly others in his lifetime. Everything about his regard of all women as sexual objects (including his own daughter) and his obsessions with being having dominant power in every relationship he seems to have is indicative of everything that would allow him to get away with doing what Bill Clinton has allegedly done.

This isn't to dismiss the pain they feel or even question the validity of their claims against bill clinton. But even if they feel a profound hatred toward the clintons, how can they sit beside and ally themselves with fucking TRUMP, whose own wife claims he raped her and was silenced by Trump's lawyers threats and statements of husbands not being able to rape their wives?

Let me also emphasize again that I have no wish to victim blame or anything like that. But I can't understand how these women perceived this to be a good idea. I can't understand how they don't see that he's using them or that they aren't helping their cases by doing this. I'm not saying they should stay silent about it, but this? Trying to take down an alleged rapist by allying themselves with another alleged rapist? What?

Pretty much my thoughts.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Bill have Secret Service protection? Wouldn't heckling him cause SS to remove them from the premises?

The women heckling Clinton would be a huge fucking disaster for the GOP.

I think Trump is holding the entire GOP hostage.

I mean, did they really not see this coming? I thought there was plenty of evidence that Trump goes after people who he thinks screwed him over?

If you told me a year ago, or hell after the 2011 correspondents dinner, that Trump would be the one that broke the GOP...I would have thought you were damn nuts.

Iolo

Don't know why you guys are giving the brilliant and talented Kellyanne Conway any benefit of the doubt in this.

Conway: Hillary Clinton “Wasn’t Popular Until Her Husband Treated Her Like A Doormat.” When speculating about whether Hillary Clinton would campaign for a Senate seat in 2004, Conway stated, “people still feel very sorry for” Clinton, adding that she “invokes pity and sympathy.” Conway concluded that Clinton “wasn’t popular until her husband treated her like a doormat and then she became popular.” [CNN, Crossfire, accessed via Nexis, 12/30/02]

Conway: “Hillary Clinton Could Not Stand Up To A Cheating Husband, So How In The World Would She Stand Up To North Korea And Some Of Our Other Enemies?” According to USA Today, Conway appeared on MSNBC in April 2005 and “offered a possible preview of 2008 attack rhetoric,” saying “The fact is that Hillary Clinton could not stand up to a cheating husband, so how in the world would she stand up to North Korea and some of our other enemies around the globe?"

jbug617

Banned
The women heckling Clinton would be a huge fucking disaster for the GOP.

I think Trump is holding the entire GOP hostage.

They will continue in the spin room. I bet you see all 4 women there at the end of the debate. They want these women to dominate the news cycle and trying to cancel out the debate.

I can't be the only one that thinks these 4 women are going to have a "you lie" moment in this debate right? They don't give a fuck, they already turned this shit into a circus. They want to make this about them.

TheFatOne

I'm pretty sure Trump isn't actually going to bring this up at the debate, and this is all a ploy from Bannon to rile Clinton up. The sad thing is that Bannon and the GOP have bought into the caricature they have made of Clinton. They paint her as this weak willed woman who is going to melt under pressure, and today they are going to learn the hard way that isn't even remotely true. I hope it's body bag season tonight. 3-0 body bag incoming.

There's a terrible irony that in order to elect our first female president, she needs to overcome the human manifestation of misogyny.

It would be fucking poetic justice for her to destroy him and the republican party falls apart as she wins.

Edit: She has to shake his hand. WHen she is president she will deal with far worse people.

User1608

Banned
I want to see Donald J. Trump and his deplorables humiliated in the grandest fashion when Hillary wins.

Fuck their vile racism and misogyny.

They've brought discourse down so much.

Hazmat

There's a terrible irony that in order to elect our first female president, she needs to overcome the human manifestation of misogyny.

It's like a Harry Potter book or something where the obstacle that the heroine is tackling is a metaphor, except it's not like that at all and she's literally having to fight the thing that's kept women back for thousands of years.

Willey and Jones lied a lot about a lot of things to the point where it's really hard to believe them.

The rape victim obviously has the right to feel whatever she wants, but Hillary was following the constitution and doing what was right.

Broaddrick is lowering herself by associating with them...

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

There's a small amount of justice in her needing to beat Trump, because this is the sort of shit she's had to deal with her entire public (and private) life. Winning this thing is probably going to be better than anything anyone's ever felt before.

It's like a Harry Potter book or something where the obstacle that the heroine is tackling is a metaphor, except it's not like that at all and she's literally having to fight the thing that's kept women back for thousands of years.

Like, I still can't believe this is how we elect our first female president.

It couldn't have been Romney or Ryan or Jeb. It was Trump.

sazzy

Someone in Clinton's camp has to roleplay Bill and let Hillary scream at him for 10 minutes NOW and let it all out before the debate.

Goodstyle

This is vile and repugnant. Any enjoyment I may have had in watching Trump burn is ruined. The guy is an absolutely shameless monster.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Like, I still can't believe this is how we elect our first female president.

It couldn't have been Romney or Ryan or Jeb. It was Trump.

If we had tried to sell this as a movie or book they'd have sent us back to do a rewrite because no one would believe anything this heavy handed.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Kelly Conway (or whoever this woman on CNN is?) acting all self-righteous is hilarious. Really? After all the shit your candidate is doing?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I was excited for the debate, but now I'm legitimately nauseous. Might watch the football game instead :/

Effect

Not sure if I can watch this. I'm legit pissed off right now and think I want to throw up to in a way I didn't think I would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom