• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
The sudden "Hurricanes are global warming propaganda" talking points are absolutely bizarre. I mean, this is going to leave clear evidence that these hurricanes are devastating. The argument doesn't make a bit of sense.

joebruin

Trump just tweeted this article:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2016/10/05/donald-trump-president-for-all-americans.html

Basically trying to paint Trump as the Reagan of 2016. This section was particularly LOL worthy.

Minorities & Whites, Men & Women, Straight & LBGTQ

Donald Trump has a long record of empowering women and minorities, as well as supporting LGBTQ causes. He values all loving familial relationships and wants to keep the federal government out of both your boardroom and bedroom. He also understands the benefits of common-sense legal immigration, but simply wants to restore the rule of law to America’s border. While Hillary Clinton hides from the press and cozies up to the ultra-rich, Donald Trump is going into black churches and Hispanic communities to engage in meaningful, solutions-oriented dialogue.

teiresias

Gotta love the dichotomy of Drudge and Limbaugh saying the storm is being hyped by the Leftist weather agencies while Shepard Smith is on Fox telling people they're going to die . . . and their children too.

The fucking right-wing in this country man.

Gotta love the dichotomy of Drudge and Limbaugh saying the storm is being hyped by the Leftist weather agencies while Shepard Smith is on Fox telling people they're going to die . . . and their children too.

The fucking right-wing in this country man.

Bill O'Reilly is in the Drudge camp.

Iolo

Trump just tweeted this article:

http://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/2016/10/05/donald-trump-president-for-all-americans.html

Basically trying to paint Trump as the Reagan of 2016. This section was particularly LOL worthy.

author is on trump's campaign

Anthony Scaramucci, a high-profile New York investor and a leading fundraiser on several past Republican presidential campaigns, said Monday that he has signed on to join Donald Trump's nascent national finance committee.

Scaramucci becomes one of the first traditional Republican bundlers to join the Trump campaign and commit to raising money for the party's presumptive nominee, who is struggling to unite the fractured party for the general election.

Scaramucci said he met with Trump last week at the candidate's New York office. "I am on board and will support and raise money for him," he said. "I will do whatever I can to support our Republican nominee."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Some GOP clown that Harwood retweeted:

Secret voters!

Where do these people exist? Is he saying 3-5% of people are unreachable for polls yet are somehow registered and frequent voters?

nillah

Banned
Someone made a good point on ESPN that they should incorporate a mute button to the debates so ppl don't talk over one another

Jeels

The sudden "Hurricanes are global warming propaganda" talking points are absolutely bizarre. I mean, this is going to leave clear evidence that these hurricanes are devastating. The argument doesn't make a bit of sense.

It's pretty lame to even be politicizing hurricanes right as one is about to do a bunch of damage to people and property...

joebruin

Someone made a good point on ESPN that they should incorporate a mute button to the debates so ppl don't talk over one another

yup that was mentioned during the 1st debate. cut the mics. none of this "you have 30 secs"..."ok 20 more secs"..."ok...fuck just keep talking until you're done"

Zukkoyaki

It will be funny to hear stories of low IQ voters frothing at the mouth to vote for Trump complaining about how they couldn't because of the GOP's own draconian voting laws in certain areas. Minorities are used to that shit.

Shot:

CuHSTPOW8AA1qq-.jpg

Chaser to come soon.

Oh, did the path change? Last time I saw it it was hitting Miami-Dade area.

It should be doing the most damage north of there and up the coast, which is all Republican territory.

Bowdz

It really is hard to argue with people that don't believe in reality. Talk about CO2 ppb and they literally will claim it is a left wing conspiracy. Have a massive Cat 4 hurricane barrelling down on the country that you can physically go out and see and they claim it is a left wing conspiracy.

Healthy skepticism is generally a useful trait, but unabashed distain for the government leads to nothing but detachment from reality.

I keep seeing stories of people planning to "ride out" the storm, and I think they're crazy, but then I remembered my mom would probably try to do the same thing. And I'd stay with her, because I wouldn't abandon her.

I complain about the blizzards I get, that are sometimes crippling and very annoying to clean up, but at least they don't really do much damage and casualties are usually minimal, if any. I don't think I could deal with the threat of a hurricane looming over me every autumn.

I keep seeing stories of people planning to "ride out" the storm, and I think they're crazy, but then I remembered my mom would probably try to do the same thing. And I'd stay with her, because I wouldn't abandon her.

I complain about the blizzards I get, that are sometimes crippling and very annoying to clean up, but at least they don't really do much damage and casualties are usually minimal, if any. I don't think I could deal with the threat of a hurricane looming over me every autumn.

That's how I feel too. Blizzards and ice storms are a tremendous inconvenience, but that's it. Like, not to diminish how inconvenient they are, because they take the notion of inconvenience to the furthest and most dire end of the spectrum, but eventually it all melts.

That's how I feel too. Blizzards and ice storms are a tremendous inconvenience, but that's it. Like, not to diminish how inconvenient they are, because they take the notion of inconvenience to the furthest and most dire end of the spectrum, but eventually it all melts.

Yea, "inconvenience" is a good way to describe them

And they're the worst weather my area gets, so it's hard to really complain. A shovel, some back breaking labor and a bucket of salt and it's as if it never happened.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oh no they think they're ahead in NV.

I mean, that's the long form of saying "Trump's path to victory is literally winning every battleground state."

Some GOP clown that Harwood retweeted:

Secret voters!

You're in trouble when spinning a winning tale involves either secret voters or unskewing the polls.

Bowdz

Damn, this would be a great question:

http://thehill.com/latino/299714-6-year-old-with-undocumented-parents-could-get-debate-question

"If you deport my parents, what happens to me?" That’s the question 6-year-old Sophie Cruz wants to ask the presidential nominees at Sunday night’s town hall debate.
Cruz's question about immigration is getting attention on social media as part of an effort to put the question to Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton and Republican nominee Donald Trump.

"If you deport my parents, what happens to me? I am 6 years old and an American citizen. I have a 3 year old sister who is also an American. My heart is very sad, because I’m scared that ICE is going to deport my undocumented mommy and daddy,” reads the text of Cruz’s question as posted on the Open Debate Coalition website.

Celebrities such as hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons have tweeted in support of Cruz, as have many immigration activists.

Cruz's question is one of more than 11,000 posted on presidentialopenquestions.com, a site created by a bipartisan group dedicated to bringing political debates "fully into the Internet age."

The site says ABC and CNN moderators have agreed to consider the top 30 questions, which users can vote on, for inclusion in presidential debates.

Cruz's question had about 11,700 votes on Thursday evening, while the top question on the site had just shy of 42,800. That question — "Would you support requiring criminal background checks for all gun sales?" — comes from Richard M. from California.

Immigration was not directly discussed in the first presidential debate of 2016 last week, although it has been a central issue of this campaign.

Trump has vowed to repeal President Obama's executive actions on immigration, including Deferred Action for Parents of Americans (DAPA). DAPA was launched by Obama in November 2014 in an attempt to protect the parents of underage U.S. citizens from deportation.

DAPA is currently suspended, after a 4-4 Supreme Court stalemate reverted the case to a lower court in Texas that filed an injunction against the action's constitutionality.

Clinton's immigration proposals include expansion of DAPA and its sister program, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals.

According to the Migration Policy Institute (MPI), 4.1 million U.S. citizen children lived in the country without their deported parents between 2009 and 2013. The MPI claims children whose parents have been deported are negatively impacted in their personal and socio-economic development.

The social media campaign to include Cruz's question in presidential debates is not the California child’s first time in the immigration advocacy spotlight.

In September of last year, the Los Angeles native caught Pope Francis's attention during his Washington, D.C., visit. Cruz's father held her up as the papal motorcade rolled by the White House Ellipse, and Francis ordered his driver to stop.

Cruz was allowed by security to approach the Pope, handing him a letter that said in Spanish, “My friends and I love each other no matter our skin color.”

Cruz then visited the White House as Obama's guest for this year’s Cinco de Mayo celebration, but her parents were not able to attend because they are undocumented.

If only they could get her in the audience to ask that in person.

Is this good?

Yesterday was:

Voted:
Ds: 30,856
Rs: 13,528
NPs: 9,250

Requested absentee:
Ds: 101,041
Rs: 59,464
NPs: 43,664

So:

Voted

D: +7499
R: +3404
NP: +2349

Request:

D: +6423
R: +7400
NP: +3090

Not thrilled at that R request jump, but otherwise solid.

I wonder what's the upper limit on Hillary's margin in Maryland. Obama beat McCain by 36 points in Maryland and Trump is hemorrhaging the only Republicans in Maryland (college educated white people).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom