• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toxi

Banned
There is no "reasonable position" for the charter operations, at least not as they stand in this state (which, since I'm from here is where most of my data comes from.)

There is absolutely no reason for these things to exist, given the costs to the rest of the district. They aren't improving education, they're segregating high performers into a handful of schools and spiking costs astronomically.
I fucking love this post.

Iolo

A better graph to identify what's happening in Iowa in relation to 12:

CuHYwFwUsAMZzVm.jpg:large

Oh, if someone else is doing this I'll abandon my document. Link?

mo60

I wonder what's the upper limit on Hillary's margin in Maryland. Obama beat McCain by 36 points in Maryland and Trump is hemorrhaging the only Republicans in Maryland (college educated white people).

He actually won that state by 26%. I think she will get beat trump by a margin between 30% and 35% most likely and maybe by as high as 40% if she is lucky.

Drudge is being WTFdangerous to public safety by trying to promote the idea the storm isn't as powerful as officially billed. They're trying to make meteorological claims based on amateur observations and some apparent duty to get people to think this isn't as serious as it is. This is criminally dangerous.

Yeah, not all of the data is consistent with all the rest. And yeah it's true that the aircraft haven't found what the billed intensity is. This shit happens sometimes. Hell, even I'm scratching my head a little. There are several relatively reliable ways to come up with an intensity estimate. It's asking a lot for them to all match up. Like really. If, say, all but 1 are in agreement, that's pretty high confidence. Intensity also means FAR more than just a peak wind speed. To dismiss all of it because it's a government agency collecting the info is SIIIIIIIIGH.

If Drudge wants to come up with its own fleet of custom planes and equipment for hurricane hunting they're more than welcome to! They'll die, but I guess no one can stop them from trying! Or just leave it to the Air Force squadron that exists specifically to handle this stuff. It's a military operation, officially! Dare Drudge question our armed forces?

...Okay I'm done ranting. I can tolerate gossip of armchair hurricane observing but to openly scream about how the government is just trying to terrify us is a new level of stupid I don't think I've ever witnessed.
Can we get another meltdown of everyone's favorite political strategist?

latest
I Miss Ham Rove soooooooo much.

mo60

Some GOP clown that Harwood retweeted:

Secret voters!
More like a 1% election day boost or less(most likely in trump's case) if this election follows the canadian federal election on november 8th..
936px-Opinion_Polling_during_the_2015_Canadian_Federal_Election.svg.png

This shows the history of polling for the conservative party(the blue line) and the other parties in the last federal election in Canada.

I don't think trump will get an election day boost at all at this point and if he does it will be really really tiny and it will probably be cancelled out by whatever election day boost hilary gets.

I have a feeling Hillary brings up the Central Park 5 during the debate if there is a race or "law and order" question. Trump even this past week still refused to admit they are innocent when asked about it by CNN.

pigeon

Banned
gotta love these picks we have for president....

I half agree! Hillary is an excellent leader and will do a great job of advancing progressive causes, protecting America, and continuing the free trade expansion that has enriched all Americans and lifted millions worldwide out of poverty.

Unfortunately Trump is a Nazi.

But 50% isn't bad.*

* 50% is usually considered bad.

There's a different, though, between a heavily Dem area being affected and a general issue that hits both types of voters similarly.

true and AA areas of in the more affected areas are more inland and not right on the beach (because of racial economic disparities) but its not as if dems aren't getting hit

And if this hits jacksonville there are a large number of dem votes there

Edit: I don't mean to sound like electorial politics are more important than peoples lives. My mom lives in orlando and I'm obviously concerned about the storm

The map isn't perfect because there are a lot of dems in the red counties (especially volusia county where Daytona Beach is, where there's a big HBU https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bethune-Cookman_University)

JYz86FF.png

This is the area where florida elections are decided

Well, yes, but if it affects a swing area it has the potential to be problematic for both sides. But, like, the whole topic is kind of tacky, I think, since we're talking about people who may lose their homes and their lives. But, I understand why it's a relevant conversation to have.

Well, yes, but if it affects a swing area it has the potential to be problematic for both sides. But, like, the whole topic is kind of tacky, I think, since we're talking about people who may lose their homes and their lives. But, I understand why it's a relevant conversation to have.

I mean I think its fair to discuss. Just don't cheerlead.

I have a feeling Hillary brings up the Central Park 5 during the debate if there is a race or "law and order" question. Trump even this past week still refused to admit they are innocent when asked about it by CNN.

I've been wondering why it never seems to come up. That would make sense.

@ppppolls
One under covered reason Hillary has struggled: sheer sexism. 40% of Trump voters in OH say country is inherently better off w/ a male POTUS

LITERALLY THE WORST.

Trump would be a fucking idiot to get trapped in this. Which means he most likely will.
He's going to repeat this:
"They admitted they were guilty," Trump said this week in a statement to CNN's Miguel Marquez. "The police doing the original investigation say they were guilty. The fact that that case was settled with so much evidence against them is outrageous. And the woman, so badly injured, will never be the same."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom