• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Saw a headline that said millions of people are being told to evacuate Florida.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck

This is the most obvious, devastating trap I've ever seen.

Not even on Yu-Gi-Oh would someone fall for this, but Trump is so stupid and so unwilling to admit fault that he's going to be screaming about the Central Park 5 should be executed.

When the GOP nominates a NeoNazi who isn't an actual dumbass in 2020, I hope Hillary is ready after Trump's pathetically easy to beat campaign.

Cyanity

Banned
Anyone wanna explain why the Central Park 5 are suddenly back in the news cycle again? Did Trump bring it up at a rally?

DAT PEOPLE'S ELBOW

CuHSTPOW8AA1qq-.jpg:large

I hate RCP

Iowa early vote as a % of 2012

Rs - 81%
Ds - 67%
Is - 71%

Michael McDonald tweeted that Democrats should be able to catch up to their 2012 total at this rate. Republicans are making up ground too but they also started at 110% of their 2012 total so it's been pretty volatile.

Cerium

This is the most obvious, devastating trap I've ever seen.

Not even on Yu-Gi-Oh would someone fall for this, but Trump is so stupid and so unwilling to admit fault that he's going to be screaming about the Central Park 5 should be executed.

When the GOP nominates a NeoNazi who isn't an actual dumbass in 2020, I hope Hillary is ready after Trump's pathetically easy to beat campaign.

I'm not so sure it'd be as devastating as Khan or even Machado.

First of all anyone who is undecided or wobbly at this point probably has never heard of the Central Park Five. Trump can muddy the waters enough with the confession to take the edge off of it. Furthermore, if Hillary trots out one of the CP5, Trump will go all in on their other petty crimes and they won't be as sympathetic as Khan or Machado.

Of course it'll be another wasted week for Trump as he gets into the mud with wrongfully convicted black dudes, but the voters most likely to be motivated by that are already voting against him.

Harris 2024 for the Voltron of deplorables.
Honestly if everything goes well in the Senate this election, I am excited about the bench there will be for the 2024 primaries.

Tim Kaine
Kamala Harris
Jason Kander (Could definitely serve as a great moderate VP selection)
Cory Booker
Deborah Ross
Joe Kennedy (Would be nice if he can get some higher-level experience than House Representative first)

I feel pretty good about it at the moment, though obviously it depends on how they perform. I also feel better about it after the VP debate, as Kaine fighting for HRC with no thought for himself reinforces my perception of him as humble and not someone who'd want a clear field for him in 2024.

Honestly if everything goes well in the Senate this election, I am excited about the bench there will be for the 2024 primaries.

Tim Kaine
Kamala Harris
Cory Booker
Deborah Ross
Joe Kennedy (Would be nice if he can get some higher-level experience than House Representative first)

I feel pretty good about it at the moment, though obviously it depends on how they perform. I also feel better about it after the VP debate, as Kaine fighting for HRC with no thought for himself reinforces my perception of him as humble and not someone who'd want a clear field for him in 2024.

Tammy Duckworth

Cyanity

Banned
I'm not so sure it'd be as devastating as Khan or even Machado.

First of all anyone who is undecided or wobbly at this point probably has never heard of the Central Park Five. Trump can muddy the waters enough with the confession to take the edge off of it. Furthermore, if Hillary trots out one of the CP5, Trump will go all in on their other petty crimes and they won't be as sympathetic as Khan or Machado.

Of course it'll be another wasted week for Trump as he gets into the mud with wrongfully convicted black dudes, but the voters most likely to be motivated by that are already voting against him.

If Hillary's strategy for the rest of this race was simply to keep Trump rolling around in the mud, then she should win handily in November. Trump doesn't even need any more complete meltdowns to lose. He needs to SHINE flawlessly to even have a hope of winning at this point.

Tim Kaine
Kamala Harris
Cory Booker
Deborah Ross

Catherine Cortez Masto, too.

Iolo

Iowa early vote as a % of 2012

Rs - 81%
Ds - 67%
Is - 71%

Michael McDonald tweeted that Democrats should be able to catch up to their 2012 total at this rate. Republicans are making up ground too but they also started at 110% of their 2012 total so it's been pretty volatile.

No catching up is occurring in absentee ballots. Percentage is increasing but the gap is constant.

It's like when Hillary led by a constant 400k in CA but Sanders' %age increased every day

Duckworth running for president would probably cause the single worst Republican reaction ever.

They are not going to be able to handle a disabled war veteran who is an Asian-American woman and was born outside of the United States. There's going to be wild conspiracy theories and horrific racism, sexism, and ableism every single day from all parts of the GOP.

Man that will be ugly :/

Slayven

Drudge is just salty that a hurricane with his name is more relevant than he is.

Stay pressed, idiot.

God, I just realized that this man probably has a first name. For damn near 20 years I just thought he was Drudge.

Give Drudge credit, he probably the only news site that still works on 28K dialup

Veelk

Banned
I still find it baffling is how Donald's nicknames stick. They're awful nicknames. They're not catchy or clever, they're literally just 'negative adjective' and then the person's name. Crooked Hillary doesn't roll off the tongue at all. Lyin' Ted is slightly better but still not great.

No catching up is occurring in absentee ballots. Percentage is increasing but the gap is constant.

It's like when Hillary led by a constant 400k in CA but Sanders' %age increased every day
The gap went from 54,551 requests yesterday to 52,821 today. That's a net gain of 1,730.

So yes they are making up ground. The question is if they will continue to do so.

Okay, uh, I have some questions now that we've all forgotten about the primaries.

Do we still have superdelegates? Do we still have caucuses? Is the process going to be a lot fairer 8 years from now?

Tarydax

Banned
Trump and Hillary are going to make the race about the Central Park Five next week and oh my god, I can't believe Trump's so stupid as to do this.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/10/06/politics/reality-check-donald-trump-central-park-5/index.html

Maybe this would be a good opportunity for Hillary to do what Kaine didn't and bring up Keith Cooper. She could make people understand that to Trump and Pence, if you're a person of color, there's no such thing as innocent.

sphagnum

Banned
I still find it baffling is how Donald's nicknames stick. They're awful nicknames. They're not catchy or clever, they're literally just 'negative adjective' and then the person's name. Crooked Hillary doesn't roll off the tongue at all. Lyin' Ted is slightly better but still not great.

Little Marco was hilarious

Cerium

Caroline Guliani, daughter of Satan, endorses Hillary.

The younger Giuliani is currently using the campaign’s “H” logo as her profile picture, and posted the #ImWithHer campaign slogan banner as the wallpaper to her page. She has posted multiple photographs and links online, declaring her support for the Democratic nominee. In one photograph of a friend, Jason Lubin, and a pet rabbit, she described the scene as “my handsome guys cheering HRC on in the first debate.”

Reached at her Los Angeles office, Caroline Giuliani confirmed the page was hers. "I love Hillary, I think she's by far the most qualified candidate that we've had in a long while," she told POLITICO. "My dad knows. I was for Barack in 2012. He knows and is fully comfortable with it and thinks I have a right to my opinion." She declined to comment about her father's support for Trump.

In another post online, she shared a photograph from Clinton’s official Facebook page of manicured nails that read “Who Run The World,” with a picture of Clinton and added her own commentary: “Yes please.”

HTupolev

Okay, uh, I have some questions now that we've all forgotten about the primaries.

Do we still have superdelegates? Do we still have caucuses? Is the process going to be a lot fairer 8 years from now?
The GOP will decide that their current system is too vulnerable to outsiders stealing their constituency, so they'll replace their nomination process with a televised game of Cards Against Humanity.

studyguy

The GOP will decide that their current system is too vulnerable to outsiders stealing their constituency, so they'll replace their nomination process with a game of Cards Against Humanity.

Too many morally questionable cards in CAH, they'll play a game of UNO with the wildcards taken out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom