• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
MATT DRUDGE Verified account
‏@DRUDGE

The deplorables are starting to wonder if govt has been lying to them about Hurricane Matthew intensity to make exaggerated point on climate

I can't even.

Geg

Can we get another meltdown of everyone's favorite political strategist?

latest

What's Rove been up to this election cycle anyway?

That's a bit of an overgeneralization.

Nah, I really don't think it is. Like, the logical inconsistency of "Abortion is murder, but if you were raped, maybe you can do a little murder" isn't something you need years of philosophy to see. It's pretty clear that if these people actually believed this, they'd be opposed to abortion in all cases.

But most people aren't. What they are opposed to is women going to the doctor and getting an abortion without checking in with the father, and if he says no, then she'd better not get one. It's straight-up ownership of a woman's body.

I can't even.

So sowing distrust in government and media has negative consequences? Gee who would have thought?

Makes me think of Glenn Beck realizing way too late how much harm he caused to this nation. He sees this kind of thing and goes ah shit...now he's trying to walk it back but it is too late. He was one of the main drivers of bringing conspiracies mainstream.

Survey date?

Methodology: This survey employed live callers and automated phone messages, which was completed by OH Predictive Insights on September 28-30, 2016, from a 2016 general election sample. Poll was weighted to reflect likely general election turnout. The sample size was 718 completed surveys, with a MoE of ± 3.66% with 22% cell phones/78% landlines.

Only 22% cells!

So last time OH did a poll in AZ, it went from Clinton +1 to TIE, so I assume Nate will adjust this similarly. That was at the end of August, which seems to be similar polling-wise to where we are now.

NeoXChaos

Marc Caputo ‏@MarcACaputo 15m15 minutes ago
Marc Caputo Retweeted Gary Fineout
The answer will be rendered tomorrow & it will likely be no. Democrats/minority voters are starting to register in higher #s than GOP/white

of course

We've had two polls that show Clinton up in Ohio, too.

Clinton's final map is going to be Obama 2008 but replace Indiana with Arizona.

you guys were just saying two weeks ago OH, IA and ME-2 were off the map. Now they are back on?

@DRUDGE
Hurricane Center has monopoly on data. No way of verifying claims. Nassau ground observations DID NOT match statements! 165mph gusts? WHERE?

The amount of distrust of everything of conservatives is going to win then alll darwin awards

of course

you guys were just saying two weeks ago OH, IA and ME-2 were off the map. Now they are back on?
If the election had been held the day before the debate I think Clinton would have won 322 EVs. I always maintained that a solid debate bump would allow her to recapture those states/Maine's 2nd.

MATT DRUDGE Verified account
‏@DRUDGE

The deplorables are starting to wonder if govt has been lying to them about Hurricane Matthew intensity to make exaggerated point on climate

I can't even.

Rush Limbaugh Thinks Hurricanes Are Part Of A Left-Wing Conspiracy

Conservative talk show host Rush Limbaugh suggested this week that the National Hurricane Center was “playing games” with its forecasts to cause false alarms and scare people into believing in climate change.

“It’s in the interest of the left to have destructive hurricanes because then they can blame it on climate change, which they can desperately continue trying to sell,” he said on “The Rush Limbaugh Show.”

Cyanity

Banned
You know, if a bunch of the shittier Trump supporters are gonna be stupid enough to deny the science of the massive hurricane about to hit their homes, then let them have their Darwin awards. The collective IQ of this country might go up a bit. (sorry if that offended anyone, but I just can't anynore with these idiots)

When I was a kid in Massachusetts, I would get so excited for hurricanes. North East hurricanes were really just bad storms with heavy rain and winds. It was fun to just watch it roaring outside the window. It was fun to drive around when the sun broke and look at all the trees that blew over. It was fun to see the flooding. Hurricanes were so cool.

When Katrina happened and I saw the kind of damage these storms actually caused, it was really sobering. I thought about how lucky I was to live somewhere that didn't have to worry about that. My home would probably never be destroyed. I would probably never watch everything I owned be swept away. I would probably never be separated from loved ones. I would probably never be permanently affected by the effects of a hurricane or a tsunami or an earthquake.

I don't get excited when I hear about hurricanes anymore. I just get really sad. I think that's what made me really start to take climate change seriously: seeing how seriously weather can impact people.

Holmes

Here's the campaign schedule over the next few days as we know it:

October 6:

Kaine -
Pittsburgh, PA
Las Vegas, NV

Sanders -
Dearborn, MI
Ann Arbor, MI
Lansing, MI
Grand Rapids, MI

Chelsea -
Minneapolis, MN

October 7:

Kaine -
Las Vegas, NV

Biden -
Bristol, PA

Sanders -
Keene, NH
Nashua, NH
Bangor, ME

Warren -
Madison, WI
Milwaukee, WI

October 8:

Sanders -
Scranton, PA
Philadelphia, PA

October 10:

Hillary -
Detroit, MI

Kaine -
Denver, CO

October 11:

Obama -
Greensboro, NC

October 14:

Obama -
Cleveland, OH

Sanders really putting in work. These are all states he performed well in during the primary and quite a few of them have early voting (he was in Iowa and Minnesota earlier this week).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom