• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir0x

Banned
I wish Ted Cruz dropped his endorsement after pussygate, then re-endorsed him just before the story broke.
Trying to win most ways to lose in one election cycle award? Somehow Cruz managed to weave INTO every punch. Incredible. Just like when his stunt got all those appointments through that one time. Stay losing.

This Kasowitz lawyer that wrote to the Times is mostly a banking and finance litigator, from what I can find. Are they trying for an angle of Trump losing money off this, or is he the only lawyer that would return their call?

Kasowitz...sounds Jewish.

I think it was Chait who pointed out that Trump seems to assume all Jews are geniuses and just uses them no matter if they're any good.

Plus, with it being Yom Kippur and all, dude just wrote that while in the middle (or just ending) of a fast!

Cerium

Alexandra Jaffe ‏@ajjaffe 10m10 minutes ago

NEWS: Trump campaign planning to pull out of VA, sources tell NBC News, announcement made on conference call tonight w/victory staff

Uh that's huge news. They're completely ceding a battleground state with less than four weeks to go. Without Virginia they have no path without Pennsylvania where he's trailing by double digits.

This Kasowitz lawyer that wrote to the Times is mostly a banking and finance litigator, from what I can find. Are they trying for an angle of Trump losing money off this, or is he the only lawyer that would return their call?

Trump has probably lost ties or burned bridges with all the top litigation firms. There is no way they want to represent this guy, he is radioactive for their brand. Kasowitz isn't anywhere near the top of NY firms and it's still probably the best he can get.

http://www.vault.com/company-profil...on,-torres-friedman-llp/company-overview.aspx

Their summer associate program must be DOPE though!

sazzy

If you think about it.. Donald really is a lot like Saddam Hussein.

-decades of getting away with shit
-sending out baghdad bobs to defend him in front of the press
-uday and qussay and don jr and eric

i mean, i can just picture the trump tower being demolished completely because no one wants to have anything to do with it a la saddam statue getting toppled

I'm on my phone else I would post something to the effect of "File photo:" and insert the photo of the Trump doctor.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Kasowitz...sounds Jewish.

I think it was Chait who pointed out that Trump seems to assume all Jews are geniuses and just uses them no matter if they're any good.

Plus, with it being Yom Kippur and all, dude just wrote that while in the middle (or just ending) of a fast!

A limousine was waiting outside for it.

xeris

As a Virginia resident.....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

As a VA resident in PWC I'm still going out doing door knocking the next few weekends. Love the way this is going, but no matter what happens we still need turnout. Hell, I want to make this the biggest blowout in the popular vote ever.

kevin1025

Banned
Trump has probably lost ties or burned bridges with all the top litigation firms. There is no way they want to represent this guy, he is radioactive for their brand. Kasowitz isn't anywhere near the top of NY firms and it's still probably the best he can get.

http://www.vault.com/company-profil...on,-torres-friedman-llp/company-overview.aspx

Their summer associate program must be DOPE though!

That buzz at the top of the page:

“Independent, go-getter vibe”
“Good litigators”
“Aggressive”
“Too much reliance on founding partners”

"Good litigators"...I guess that's passable!

Syncytia

If you think about it.. Donald really is a lot like Saddam Hussein.

-decades of getting away with shit
-sending out baghdad bobs to defend him in front of the press
-uday and qussay and don jr and eric

i mean, i can just picture the trump tower being demolished completely because no one wants to have anything to do with it a la saddam statue getting toppled

I was actually thinking the other day that if I were a billionaire I would want to buy Trump tower just to gut it and redo it. Inside and out.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
I kind of hope that after the election, Trump is exiled to Russia and we never have to hear from him again.

Then again (and, again, not trying to be funny here), that would probably put some young Russian women at additional risk of assault.

Trouble

Banned
I'm just worried that Donald Trump still has time to pivot and win this gall darn thing.

I2EFvlD.gif

I've been talking down my near panicking friends and coworkers for months. These past two weeks I've just been smugly smiling any time the election comes up.

Bowdz

So, do we think Republicans will actually unendorse now or is this going to be another example of profiles in courage MIA?

kevin1025

Banned
So, so we think Republicans will actually unendorse now or is this going to be another example of profiles in courage MIA?

I would really hope there's at least a couple more, at minimum.

If no one jumps ship, I have no idea what would make them at that point.

smurfx

get some go again
So, do we think Republicans will actually unendorse now or is this going to be another example of profiles in courage MIA?
at this point they are better off pretending trump isn't running for office and running away from the media when asked questions.

Aaron

Why when every day Trump becomes more and more the living embodiment of what the GOP has become? They've been treating women as objects and stage props for thirty years. They don't care if they're braindead or from Alaska (and braindead). This is the ultimate form of their 'fuck you I've got mine' attitude.

Uh that's huge news. They're completely ceding a battleground state with less than four weeks to go. Without Virginia they have no path without Pennsylvania where he's trailing by double digits.
When McCain ceded Michigan in 2008, Democrats won everything. Everything. State House, state Supreme Court, congressional races etc.

I could see something similar happening in Virginia, although their elections are held in off-years so we'll only see an effect in Congress. Still, VA-5 and VA-10 are both plausibly competitive.

smurfx

get some go again
many have speculated that trump wouldn't appear at the 3rd debate for various reasons but i'm starting to believe it might actually happen. if these stories keep dropping then i expect trump to only stick to friendly media sources like hannity and breitbart and ride it out until the elections.

I don't understand, if consultants like Wilson and Mair know this stuff is out there then how could people like Paul Ryan and other GOP members not know? You'd think they would be racing to pull away from Trump.

The only hope for GOP is for them to lose soo fucking badly that they stop catering to the alt-right silly bullshit base.

Like they will know 25% will vote Rep without even giving a shit and 10% are alt-right fuckers that can be replaced with those juicy 20% women/minorities voters/moderate conservatives

That's the only way I see them recovering themselves

kess

Uh oh, Free Republic is invoking the "angel armies" for Trump

MIGHTY, POWERFUL, and AWESOME GOD.

You are our REFUGE and underneath are everlasting arms. You fight our battles for us and flush out the enemy before us. You contend with those who contend with us. When our enemy comes in like a flood, Your SPIRIT will lift up a standard against them.

Thank You, FATHER GOD, for exposing the hypocrisy and the wicked, self-serving plans of the media, politicians, and political pundits as they rage against DONALD TRUMP/MIKE PENCE. They point their accusing fingers at DONALD TRUMP while four are pointing back at themselves. They try to persuade MIKE PENCE to abandon their cause. They try to turn the world against them. Thank You for strengthening and shielding them.

LORD, send angel armies to protect DONALD TRUMP/MIKE PENCE, their families, staff, and all who stand with them. Bless them and fill them with Your SPIRIT. Expand their territory and defend their cause. May they seek Godly counsel and look to You for wisdom and strategy.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/3479950/posts

watershed

Banned
So I had a really busy day and haven't read a thing. What happened today? Why is everyone celebrating? I saw the NY Times article. Is that the sum of today's election news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom