• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paskil

Assuming there is a final debate next week, I hope Hillary Clinton shuts Trump the fuck down. Just sitting on something they can smash his brain in with.

Pixieking

Banned
Thing to remember about these new allegations is the Rolling Stone article about "Jackie". The lack of journalism, verifiable sources and editorial oversight on that (and the subsequent legal proceedings) will have scared a lot of papers into making sure they're right on this kind of thing. They're going to have checked and re-checked the stories.

Assuming there is a final debate next week, I hope Hillary Clinton shuts Trump down. Just sitting on something they can smash his brain in with.

I have an alternate idea. Maybe she can just completely ignore him and talk policy. Like not even acknowledge he's in the room. When he attacks and Wallace asks "would you like to respond to that?," she can say "Respond to what? I heard nothing. Here's what I would like to say about Alzheimer's research..."

Bowdz

Assuming there is a final debate next week, I hope Hillary Clinton shuts Trump the fuck down. Just sitting on something they can smash his brain in with.

Agreed.

I want Clinton to be as aggressive as possible. If the townhall was all about looking more human and sympathetic, than debate 3 should be about nailing Trump's ass to the wall and ending the election. Highlight your policy proposals and then just unleash on Trump while dropping Machado bombs throughout.
Destroy his persona, destroy his business record, and destroy his "policy" proposals, especially the border wall and immigration.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Trump campaign is now under investigation of foreign espionage as they back channeled hacked data through wikileaks to use on their political opponents. Basically they pulled off a digital Watergate.

Wait... what?

Also, 'back channeled'?

Loxley

I don't know if it's because I recently watched Spotlight again, but the idea that Trump is trying to prevent journalists from exposing his awful shit just makes me hope the NYT does take his ass to court if he actually tries to sue them for libel.

B-dubs actually pointed out when the tape came out that NBC could have actually broken the law had they released the tape. CA has laws that being in a bus isn't public enough to record someone without consent, and it's not clear enough (and could certainly be fought in court) that Trump wanted to be recorded on the record.

The media should be scared to publish stuff if it's actually illegal. But this? Nowhere close.

As probably the only person to have actually ever dealt with a California illegal recording case in court (long story...no, I did not record anyone or was directly involved in any recording, just the court case), I'm fairly certain it does not apply here.

Now, you're correct that being on a bus isn't public enough to record someone without consent; however Trump allowed himself to be mic'd, which is consent.

The gist of it is that you have to have the expectation of privacy. Talking quietly on the bus to your neighbor may qualify. Talking loudly in a media bus while willingly mic'd up as you're about to record a TV thing is most certainly not. They can argue it but I'm fairly certain they'd lose.

And here's the other catch. In California, the automatic damages that derive from such an illegal recording is set by law and is pretty tiny for a corporation like NBC Universal but large for the average individual. So, they wouldn't give two shits paying it. And as far as I can recall from at least 5 years ago, no one has ever gone to jail for it, here.

Alexandra Jaffe ‏@ajjaffe 10m10 minutes ago

NEWS: Trump campaign planning to pull out of VA, sources tell NBC News, announcement made on conference call tonight w/victory staff

Hillary's camp responds:

Brian Fallon
‏@brianefallon

Cun1v3GXgAAlMZY.jpg

Veelk

Banned
What the fuck could compare? Like how does this get worse?
I honestly don't know waht could surprise me at this point. There's been word of him having committing pretty much every offense one can do to another human being sans murder, but even if we get that, that wouldn't surprise me.

Slizeezyc

I have an alternate idea. Maybe she can just completely ignore him and talk policy. Like not even acknowledge he's in the room. When he attacks and Wallace asks "would you like to respond to that?," she can say "Respond to what? I heard nothing. Here's what I would like to say about Alzheimer's research..."

Haha would watch and giggle.

Vahagn

Oh my god, can you imagine? Start the debate with something like.

"A lot of people told me after the last debate that they were unhappy with the lack of
Substance and the amount of personal attacks. As a lifelong policy wonk, I love talking substance and policies. So tonight, with your permission, I'm not going to debate Donald Trump. I'll let him defend himself or attack whoever he wants. Me, all the women who say he's raped them, all the people he's screwed over with trump
University, my husband, this president. Whoever. Tonight I will talk directly to you about my ideas from this moment forward. Donald can run whatever style of campaign he likes. I'm not here for him. Tonight I'm here for you, the American people."

Paskil

Either of these work. Either she needs to shut him down and move on or just ignore him. She just needs to be done with him. It's so obvious that they are not even on the same level.

Jesus FUCKING christ, I cannot wait for this goddamn election to be over.

I'm glad Hillary is gonna win, but anyone with a shred of decency and empathy like me is just getting hammered over and over by all this shit. It's so draining to have to be offended and disgusted over and over again.
Maybe Hillary is Griffith and Trump's nothing more than a sacrifice to her.

wutwutwut

I honestly don't know waht could surprise me at this point. There's been word of him having committing pretty much every offense one can do to another human being sans murder, but even if we get that, that wouldn't surprise me.
Fifth avenue, man/woman...

Slizeezyc

He made sexual advances on Hair Mouse?

sazzy

SYDNEY (AP) — A state Parliament in Australia on Thursday unanimously passed a motion that described U.S. presidential nominee Donald Trump as "a revolting slug unfit for public office."

Jeremy Buckingham, a lawmaker from the minor Greens party, introduced the motion to the New South Wales Legislative Council, the Parliament's upper house.

"This house ... agrees with those who have described Mr. Trump as a 'revolting slug' unfit for public office," the motion said.

The house "condemns the misogynist, hateful comments" made by the Republican candidate about women and minorities, including the remarks revealed by media at the weekend "that clearly describe sexual assault," the motion said.

Had any lawmaker objected to the motion, it would have been struck off the list of parliamentary business. Because there was no objection, the motion was recorded as having been unanimously agreed to by the Sydney-based house.

"It's a great that all sides of Australian politics, from conservatives to liberals to Greens, agree that Donald Trump is a 'revolting slug' and completely unfit for public office," Buckingham said in a statement.

"It's clear that all reasonable and decent people find Donald Trump's behavior obnoxious and that the world is hoping American voters reject his politics of hate," Buckingham said.

https://www.apnews.com/aaf6101ad654...n=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

Bowdz

So on tomorrow's Morning Joe, Mika and Joe will do one hour on how all these stories will help Trump win the election?

Mark Halperin will definitely say that, you know, honestly this isn't as bad as it sounds in the media and that there is plenty of time to get back on track.

“He did it in front of Ivanka,” he says. “That was not just uncomfortable for me. It was weird. I was fascinated as a people watcher to think what could possibly be going on in that woman’s mind. He didn’t care that she was there; he didn’t seem afraid that she would hold him accountable or say anything about his boorish behavior. None of that happened. He was just that way, and it didn’t matter to him one bit that his daughter was listening in.”

Marlee Martin describing this. Reports he did similar to Lisa Rinna.

Ivanka not caring...this family is so fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom