• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT12| The last days of the Republic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Banned
Uh oh, Free Republic is invoking the "angel armies" for Trump

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-religion/3479950/posts

On the line with
latest

jiggle

We famous now
Will senpai mook finally notice us

What's this about?

This

Http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=219436010
The state of the campaign is such that perhaps Clinton's camp will take their foot off the gas and just coast; the damage is done, Trump will do more on his own, etc. Or they could go full throttle and focus on creating a complete wipeout effect on republicans running throughout the country.

There are different types of oppo files. There are oppo files that lose someone their career - someone was caught stealing, physically abusing someone, doing drugs, etc. And then there are oppo files that lose someone their life - as in their family. Clinton's camp has files that are in the latter category.

wutwutwut

The best thing that could possibly happen at this point is we have a nationwide discussion about consent and assault and American culture jumps 20 years forward as a result.

So I had a really busy day and haven't read a thing. What happened today? Why is everyone celebrating? I saw the NY Times article. Is that the sum of today's election news?

Not really. I think a total of 10 women's stories came out today. All about Trump groping or kissing them without consent.

The best documented beyond the NYT is the one from People

We walked into that room alone, and Trump shut the door behind us. I turned around, and within seconds he was pushing me against the wall and forcing his tongue down my throat.

Now, I’m a tall, strapping girl who grew up wrestling two giant brothers. I even once sparred with Mike Tyson. It takes a lot to push me. But Trump is much bigger — a looming figure — and he was fast, taking me by surprise and throwing me off balance. I was stunned. And I was grateful when Trump’s longtime butler burst into the room a minute later, as I tried to unpin myself.

“You know we’re going to have an affair, don’t you?” he declared, in the same confident tone he uses when he says he’s going to make America great again. “Have you ever been to Peter Luger’s for steaks? I’ll take you. We’re going to have an affair, I’m telling you.” He also referenced the infamous cover of the New York Post during his affair with Marla Maples.

“You remember,” he said. “‘Best Sex I Ever Had.’ ”

There was some other GOP falling apart stuff and even more rumors swirling about even worse stories about Trump to come.

The only hope for GOP is for them to lose soo fucking badly that they stop catering to the alt-right silly bullshit base.

Like they will know 25% will vote Rep without even giving a shit and 10% are alt-right fuckers that can be replaced with those juicy 20% women/minorities voters/moderate conservatives

That's the only way I see them recovering themselves

If they lose badly we don't even know who would be even left supporting the party; either the alt-right just give up on the GOP or they attempt an hostile takeover( which would be difficult).

If the radical right-wingers take over in higher levels of position, anyway slight diversity of the GOP will go the way of the dodo bird. The Republicans can't abandon the radicals and the social conservatives they make up a sizable chunk of the voters and some of their views are shared by other Republicans. If those people are gone the GOP will never even have a slight chance of the national elections, and be stuck to certain regions. At the same time they might continue to lose support of white women and minorities, and it'll be even more insular than it already is. They will also continue to lose national elections. It is either a slow painful death or a swift one.

What matters now is the GOP's strategy if Trump loses. They can have an extremely hostile electorate if they think the party betrayed Trump. I think they are try to have both ways of appeasement and trying to expand their base, or try to reconcile with dissatisfied Republicans.

Pixieking

Banned
The best thing that could possibly happen at this point is we have a nationwide discussion about consent and assault and American culture jumps 20 years forward as a result.

Hasn't Joe Biden talked a lot about this? Wonder if he'll end up talking about Trump's attitude and how dismissing it all as "locker room talk" helps no-one.

There's only 1 regret I have being in California and not having to be bombarded by ads by the Presidential campaigns like the swing states.

No one campaigns here. Which means I don't get to see the Obamas campaign.

https://twitter.com/Maggyw519/status/786398753578115072

I desperately want to see Obama on the campaign trail in person. Both of them. Like, I don't care to see Hillary...I don't think she's anything special in this setting but Barack? I'm a straight man but I'd have his babies at one of his rallies.

"Grandpa, why is 2016 the only time the Democrat's won Utah? The Republican's won it every year before and after for decades."
"Well, m'dear, I think you're finally old enough to learn about what a Trump is..."

Dear anyone here not from GAF here inexplicably,

Why are you here? None of us know anything, and even if we did we certainly wouldn't be "reliable." Shoo. Go over to the gaming side if you want quality control. People who say they're insiders get vetted over there on risk of being banned.
On the line with
So... you're saying that Trump's infrastructure plan is to carve out an area out of the earth's crust the size of the Geofront? That -would- create a lot of jobs.

There's only 1 regret I have being in California and not having to be bombarded by ads by the Presidential campaigns like the swing states.

No one campaigns here. Which means I don't get to see the Obamas campaign.

https://twitter.com/Maggyw519/status/786398753578115072

I desperately want to see Obama on the campaign trail in person. Both of them. Like, I don't care to see Hillary...I don't think she's anything special in this setting but Barack? I'm a straight man but I'd have his babies at one of his rallies.
I desperately almost wanted to buy a flight to see the obamas on the campaign trail but these things are only released a week in advance so it'd be impossible to get a cheap ticket. really wish they'd come to nevada or something. shit.

The Alt-Right trending #NextFakeTrumpVictim while they try to talk about how Hillary shouldn't be president because of Paula Jones is... I mean, why do they think this will be helpful and not just get a WaPo article pointing out how terrible Trumpkins are?

The Alt-Right trending #NextFakeTrumpVictim while they try to talk about how Hillary shouldn't be president because of Paula Jones is... I mean, why do they think this will be helpful and not just get a WaPo article pointing out how terrible Trumpkins are?

Do you think these people think rationally?

You rail on this a bit too much. These are...deplorables. They're fucking morons.

Vahagn

Or, put another way

Trump Campaign: "Hillary demonized and attacked accusers!!!!"

*Flood of women accuse Trump*

Trump campaign (2 days later): "LYING WHORES!!!"

Good analogy from Nate Silver (he's back to silver in my book for this) on Trump's situation and how the past week has affected it.

It's like you have to make a 2-touchdown comeback (hard but not impossible). But with Ryan Leaf as your quarterback. In a driving rainstorm.

Sibylus

Banned
Dear anyone here not from GAF here inexplicably,

Why are you here? None of us know anything, and even if we did we certainly wouldn't be "reliable." Shoo. Go over to the gaming side if you want quality control. People who say they're insiders get vetted over there on risk of being banned.
So... you're saying that Trump's infrastructure plan is to carve out an area out of the earth's crust the size of the Geofront? That -would- create a lot of jobs.

After the Wall comes the Hole!

CCS

Banned

The word deplorable was far too kind. Should have gone with disgusting.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Reddit is going to have to deindex /r/thedonald are they not?

What if that convo with Bill was begging him not to run?
"Hillary is DANGEROUS. Don't say I didn't warn you."

Relevant: Pneumonia Virus Terrified After Remembering What Clintons Capable Of
Good analogy from Nate Silver (he's back to silver in my book for this) on Trump's situation and how the past week has affected it.
Yeah... Trump is more than 2 touchdowns behind after last week. I'd say 3 scores at this point. 17, specifically, just to make sure a few 2pt conversion gimmicks alone couldn't save him.

kess

So Trump and his surrogates are

- belittling abuse
- ignoring the source
- denying it happened
- accepting that it happened
- but accepting it as an expression of male masculinity
- oh, don't you know, every guy is like that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom